The Dresden Files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoiler:
    Ok, finished it. That was awesome. Harry's super clever. New magic was introduced and new possibilities. Like the sanctum and intellectus (spelling?). Even though they were a little convenient plot devices. And wow the end showdown. Injun Joe is ubber himself.

Ouch, about Thomas. Was hoping a bit of redemption from him. But Harry did give that threat to bring down her house to Lara so that's there.

White Council is annoying. It like you have a cut and you keep refusing to get it treated insisting you're fine. That's what the White Council seems like to me. Eventually they're gonna get an infection, in keeping with the metaphor.

So it was hinted that the guy that replaced La'F-something is Black Council? Mouse is awesome, period. He has more sense than some people.

And holy crap. Murphy and Harry kissed. And said the l word. Wonder if that's going anywhere.

It's too bad the shape shifter got away. Wonder if that will be resolved. Merlin, I'll give him respect for level of power, but not common sense. He should be acknowledging the danger of the Black Council. It's all going to hell.

Gatekeeper's awesome. He has good amount of sense. And I sorta don't get the sanctum creature thingie. Kinda a convenient thing towards the end. It reacted that badly to a shape shifter but not the fallen angels? And how come they did not try to ally themselves with it?

So many questions. So many mysteries.

Dang too bad. Now I feel all hollow and empty. Might have to cry myself to sleep. lol. I'm not too well read so I can't think of anything that even comes close to the Dresden Files.

Comment

Spoiler:
      I’m glad you liked Turn Coat. Well the whole ritual Dresden did to connect himself to the island, the sanctum creature thing is complex to get. It’s an intelligent being. I don't know if people can ally themselves to it. Yes it's unfortunate that the shape shifter got away. It would have been great if Dresden destroyed it in a ball of fire or something.

I feel bad for Dresden because he had no family before he met Thomas and know he doesn’t anymore. Hopefully Thomas will heal and get better and not follow his White Court instincts and ways of thinking.

I agree that the White Council is annoying and they are like an open wound just waiting to get infected. They should be grateful to Dresden and not be a bunch of jerks…

The guy who wrote stuff with infected ink was Black Council… but I don’t remember who else is or might be. Mouse is Harry’s best friend so far. He saved his life many times and detects baddies.

I didn’t remember Dresden and Murphy kissing and I should’ve! Kissed as I glad you’re alive and well? I don’t see them ending up together.

Indeed so many questions. so many mysteries.

Now comes the wait for April 6 for the new book Changes. You can read a sample of Chapter 3 this Tuesday on the official Jim Butcher website.

Lol. Yes it’s very sad that there isn’t anything that good to read like the Dresden Files. There’s always the possibility to read the entire series again each year while waiting an entire year for a new book.
      Last edited by geekywraith; 16 March 2010, 07:37 PM. Reason: typo
      Crowley: ‘Give Me Coffee or Give Me Death.’ It’s a funny name for a coffee shop.
      Nina: Everything else was taken.

Comment

Spoiler:
        Hopefully we learn more about Demon-something. Think of the conversation Bob and the creature would have. Well Bob's would be one sided.

Have to ask, who would win: Ivy or Merlin or any of the council?

Remember Harry felt the presence of two beings behind some treeline who were supposed to be the Black Council. However he only photographed one of them through the gate.

No, they kissed right before Harry did the ceremony and said "love you." Yea, I don't see them getting together either.

Comment

Spoiler:
          Ivy is an archive in the body of a child. She’s powerful but still vulnerable. She was kidnapped in Small Favor. I think Merlin could win he’s the most powerful wizard. But all of the council together would be a deadly and destructive force. Most of them have more powers than Dresden since he’s still a young wizard.

I hope to see who’s in the black council and not plenty of mysteries about that.

Ah yes the kiss and they did say the I love you… Hmm well it’s a complicated relationship. Dresden and Murphy care for each other. They are closer than just friends but not more than that.
          Crowley: ‘Give Me Coffee or Give Me Death.’ It’s a funny name for a coffee shop.

Comment

Spoiler:
            But I mean in a magic duel, who'd win? She was single handedly holding off the Denarians in the stage. Yea, she is vulnerable. We've seen Ivy in action sort of but not Merlin I guess so can't tell.

Guess those two are not meant to be. Sad.

Thomas has a long road I guess. Hope he finds a solution. Who knows maybe Harry can think of something if he thinks of something for Susan.

Frankly I don't want to see too much of the Black Council being taken down because what would come after that?

Comment

Spoiler:
              In a magic dual? Between Ivy and Merlin... Well perhaps Ivy since she’s mysterious even if she’s in a fragile shell. I would like to see how powerful Merlin is.

Well we don’t really know if they will end up together or not. The conversation they had in Proven Guilty pretty much made it clear about their relationship. It's preferable I think that they remain amazing friends.

Hopefully we will see Thomas again in Changes and he will be partially recovered enough to help Dresden. I wonder if Murphy will help Dresden or be worried that he might do things that will anger the White Council (again).

Agreed… The Black Council is an important element in the books and should continue on.

Comment

Spoiler:
                The whole Council is a mystery and powerful which makes me wonder who the powerful ones are in the Black Council. Scary thought since they seem to have the upper hand every showoff. Even when they lose, it's sort of a win for them and advances their goals.

Murphy doesn't really help much in terms of fighting, well guns and akido. But I think she has been diminished to a role of digging up information. Well, just think she could be more. At least she knows Dresden only withholds information for her own good now rather than bite his head off.

Molly is...still annoying. lol. Wonder what happened to Michael. He probably got his wish for a quiet life.

Comment

Spoiler:
                  The black council succeeded in getting a member elected for their agenda. Even with the show down happened. It’s true that they won in a way.

I don’t mind Murphy not having a bigger part in the books like that type of things that she does. She’s not a wizard, so the baddies that Dresden meets might get her killed or severely injured. He protects her in a way and does the right thing. Dresden is the main character and the story is from his perspective. Murphy does help with police investigation and on occasion in battle.

In Changes what I hope is it to be rather Molly-free or almost. She’s Dresden’s apprentice so there's a chance she might help out.…

Comment

Spoiler:
                    Nah, she's ok. Learning her limits and powers though which is good.

Ok, one thing. There is only one of the holy swords in use now. Shouldn't there be more? And will uh forget his name the big Russian guy take over training? I sort of want Murphy to get the sword but I understand why she also shouldn't.

I completely forgot about Toot-toot in the book. He was awesome! The whole Little Folk are awesome. I hope he finds clever ways to use them more.

Comment

Spoiler:
                      Murphy is ok. I wouldn't want her to be like a cliche warrior type of female character... I’m glad that she respects Dresden and lets him handle the supernatural things. *Imagines Murphy attempting to arrest a Black Court vampire like a regular cop. That wouldn’t work.*

There are three swords that we know of. Amoraccius (love), Fidelacchious (faith) and Esperacchius (hope) (info from Blood Rites). I don’t know if there are more of them in use… probably. Dresden has Siro’s and Micheal’s swords until he finds someone to carry them. Murphy could be a candidate... But I think that she refused to.

The Russian guy is called Sanya he has a katana sword. In order to become a knight of the sword he had to give up the coin that he had. Luckily he never had a shadow copy in his mind. I don’t know if he’s capable of training potential knights…

The little Folk are always amusing to read. Toot-toot is a real sucker for pizza. After all Dresden... is the pizza Lord. Toot-toot was really brave facing the shape-shifter with Dresden in Turn Coat.

Comment

Spoiler:
                        If only the cops weren't so ignorant. I just want Murphy to be a little bit more I guess. Gotta admit, their exchanges are great. Wonder if Mouse's powers will evolve.

Ah, thanks for that, the meanings of the swords, well should have guessed. Maybe Michael could train, he's not completely incapable. Sanya's great, more in tune with the times.

Little folk and Toot-toot are awesome. lol Za-lord.

Is it taxing for Bob to be in one body too long? And could he take over a person? I mean he did instigate a orgy in some college. So he must be able to, right? And he took over Sue, that was epic.

Wonder what happened to Cowl and how he was able to survive.

Oh yeah, another thing. Thomas, he got caught up in the Great Hunt somehow and came out of it alive. So guessing he made some sort of deal. Will that mystery be resolved? And Harry still owes Mab one more favor, right?

Comment

Spoiler:
                          Well I think Murphy’s character hasn’t evolved that much since Summer Knight. She should participate more but we’ll see what the new book has in store for her. Mouse started out as a tiny puppy in Blood Rites and grew into this huge monster dog. Even when he was tiny he was courageous and warned Dresden of the presence of baddies like vampires. He’s a temple dog. Really smart and has powers. Perhaps his powers are not fully grown yet or revealed. Mouse is calm and alert. I can't see Dresden without him.

In the short story warrior in Mean Streets, Micheal is a coach in some type of sport in a school. I think physically he’s still has some limitations (a cane?). He could help Sanya train some potential candidates.

It's against the White Councils 7 laws of magic to control and take over a person. Dresden would get into serious trouble if Bob did that. Magic leaves traces. The White Council is quick to execute people who break one of the laws. Going on missions in the cat Mister is ok. I think there’s a 24h limit for Bob. He can’t survive in the day light out without protection. Bob has to return to his skull and rest. I don’t remember why he’s in a skull. He was never a person but a spirit from the Nevernever.

Morgan really didn’t approve of Dresden doing Necromancy (it’s against nature and a law of magic) to use Sue a cool weapon with the help of Bob. I think that’s one of the most memorable scenes in a book ever.

Thomas is a vampire maybe that’s why he came out of it alive or like you said made some sort of deal… Perhaps we’ll never know. Maybe Mab is the one he asked a favor for. Yes Dresden does own Mab one more favor. I wonder what she’ll ask him.

Dresden is the Za-lord.
                          Last edited by geekywraith; 18 March 2010, 07:05 PM. Reason: typos

Comment

Spoiler:
                            But can Dresden be held accountable for that? And how is it Morgan and the rest of the White Council has not found out about Bob? I would have thought Morgan would have explored Harry's lab or maybe Molly slip up and say something.

Ahh, haven't read the short story. I guess Michael can advise on tactics and other things non-physically. I like Mister too, hilarious. Still shows Mouse whose boss. He goes to eat Mouse's food then kicks it over and goes to his beauty sleep. LOL.

Yea, you put it well. Murphy is somewhat stagnant so becoming stale for me a little. What would happen if Bob tried to take over Mouse? Mouse is pretty uh intelligent and resilient.

The whole faerie business is a bit ridiculous. I don't like their politics. Always at war. They have all that power and little wisdom.

I read the graphic novel Storm Front. That was great, it was awesome to have a visual of the things happening. Granted, they will likely miss some stuff. But, that whole comic covered only like 20 pgs of the book. How many comics are they going to make?

I've started rereading it just cause.

And Molly is still annoying.

Comment

Spoiler:
                              Well I think that he would since he’s the current owner of Bob. It’s true that it’s odd that the White Council hasn’t figured out Dresden has Bob. Bob is powerful and once belonged to Kemmler a very dangerous individual (Dead Beat). Molly did get Dresden in trouble in Proven Guilty. Dresden pleaded to the Council to spare her life and that he would help her. If she slips (breaks a law of magic) she and Dresden will be executed. Molly might by accident spill information…

Ah yes I love how Mister acts like he owns the apartment... Dresden is allowed to live there with him. And how he messes with Mouse. Bob taking over Mouse… Hmm I don’t think it would be possible. Mouse is some sort of supernatural dog if I remember correctly.

Personally I don’t like faerie business and their complex politics very much. Summer Knight was mostly about that.

Great! You read the graphic novel Storm Front. It’s good but not a long graphic novel. They can't show everything. Part two of Storm Front will be released in November.

We do see Toot-toot. They are supposedly going to make a graphic novel per book. It’s taking so long for them to be released. Just an example I like to read the graphic novels Hellblazer John Constantine and I only have to wait a few months for a new book and not an entire year with 2 pushed release dates...

Indeed Molly is the annoying mouthy apprentice. Were is Sue when we need her?

Comment

Spoiler:
                                Sometimes I think Bob holds back though. Like he only answers what he is asked. I mean he could be a great teacher to Harry and heck the whole Council with all his information.

LOL Sue, eh Molly's getting less annoying because she does try to help sometimes. But yea, she's still annoying. She helps sometimes more than Murphy which I don't like. This new character when an established original character more contributing than her.

Wonder what happened to the Archive and Kincaid. How did that Hellhound thing come to be? And How could Murphy sleep with a Hellhound? I just squirmed.

Yea, I don't really like politics either why I dislike most fantasy. They focus on that a lot.

That's gonna take foreeeeever. Dang.

What's Hellblazer? I don't read much graphic novels, more books.

Comment

Working...
                                X