No announcement yet.

The Dresden Files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daaaaang, you really know how to sell it. Wish I read faster.

Comment

Spoiler:
      Poor Shiro, sorry to see him die. Oh yea in the fourth book I was thinking that the vampires were behind the whole killing of the knight cause it'd make sense, they would want a war between the two sides so that both sides are too occupied to even consider granting the White Council passage. But I was wrong, turns out to be Aurora, bit disappointed. And what happened to Elaine!? She came out of nowhere. Anyways like the whole building up of Harry's mysterious past with his parents and stuff. And the Archive, wow, And I thought the dragon was something.

Comment

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
        Daaaaang, you really know how to sell it. Wish I read faster.
        You think so? Thanks.

Spoiler:
        Poor Shiro, sorry to see him die. Oh yea in the fourth book I was thinking that the vampires were behind the whole killing of the knight cause it'd make sense, they would want a war between the two sides so that both sides are too occupied to even consider granting the White Council passage. But I was wrong, turns out to be Aurora, bit disappointed. And what happened to Elaine!? She came out of nowhere. Anyways like the whole building up of Harry's mysterious past with his parents and stuff. And the Archive, wow, And I thought the dragon was something.

Spoiler:
        Shiro was terminally ill and willingly sacrificed himself but it's still sad. What do you think about of the fallen angel in the coin that Harry picked up? Very interesting things will happened to him because of that. You'll see Elaine again later and the Archive as well...
        Last edited by geekywraith; 03 March 2010, 02:43 PM.
        Crowley: ‘Give Me Coffee or Give Me Death.’ It’s a funny name for a coffee shop.
        Nina: Everything else was taken.

Comment

Spoiler:
          Wow Kincaid is such a bad@$$, no havent read it fully yet just where he accepts Dresden's proposal. And wow what happened to the fallen? Guessing that resolution comes later huh?

Comment

Spoiler:
            Wow Kincaid is such a bad@$$, no havent read it fully yet just where he accepts Dresden's proposal. And wow what happened to the fallen? Guessing that resolution comes later huh?

Kincaid is an interesting character. He's a mercenary with all sorts of human high-tech cool weaponry.

Spoiler:
            Oh sorry…I thought the part where Shiro died was near the end of the book. Didn’t mean to spoil a minor detail about the coin…

In Blood Rites, we learn that Kincaid is half human and half some sort of creature from the Nevernever. Murphy's fascination and friendship with Kincaid is a bit odd. I think that Dresden might be jealous…
            Crowley: ‘Give Me Coffee or Give Me Death.’ It’s a funny name for a coffee shop.

Comment

totaaaaaally
              Spoiler:
              But Murphy has to have a bad relationship before the two of em hook up, Dresden had Susan. But Kincaid? Thought Murphy had more sense than that.

Comment

totaaaaaally
                Spoiler:
                But Murphy has to have a bad relationship before the two of em hook up, Dresden had Susan. But Kincaid? Thought Murphy had more sense than that.
                Indeed. So are you almost done reading Death Masks?

Spoiler:
                That could be true... Kincaid is enigmatic. We don’t know if he’s evil. He's smart enough to effectively eliminate his opponents. He could easily become a threat to Dresden. Ebeneazer really doesn’t like him. Murphy knows what Kincaid is and she still hangs out with him... It doesn't make much sense for her to do that. I prefer them to remain close friends. Dresden is a wizard so his lifespan is much longer that a regular human.

Comment

Spoiler:
                  Yea, that's the sad part. I may have read too fast but what happened to Shiro's sword? Is it in that cane or the Knights have it? Death masks is loooong I'm like 1/4th of the way done? After he confesses the coin and fallen angel thing to Billy and Georgia.

Comment

Spoiler:
                    Yea, that's the sad part. I may have read too fast but what happened to Shiro's sword? Is it in that cane or the Knights have it? Death masks is loooong I'm like 1/4th of the way done? After he confesses the coin and fallen angel thing to Billy and Georgia.
                    Spoiler:
                    The sword is in the cane. He keeps it and will give it to someone worthy of it someday. Maybe Murphy? He had a vision of her with his soul gaze in Grave Peril of her being this warrior. I don't remember all the details about the book. It's been a while since I read it. Yeah some of the books are longer to read. The first three books are quick to read. The fallen angel thing will be interesting you'll see. No spoilers about that from me.

Comment

Spoiler:
                      this whole thread is spoilers, but thanks I'll continue to read. Of course he's going to give it to Murphy but wanna see the conflict leading up to that. Wonder why Dresden doesn't just ask the Knights to get rid of the angel, I mean they do that kind of exorcism, don't they? This is by far the best series of books I've read.

Comment

Spoiler:
                        this whole thread is spoilers, but thanks I'll continue to read. Of course he's going to give it to Murphy but wanna see the conflict leading up to that. Wonder why Dresden doesn't just ask the Knights to get rid of the angel, I mean they do that kind of exorcism, don't they? This is by far the best series of books I've read.
                        Indeed. So many spoilers in this thread! But spoilers and spoilers.

Spoiler:
                        The knights can't perform an exorcism. Dresden would have give up magic and being a wizard to get rid of the fallen angel. Of course Dresden would never accept to do that. But like anything in the Dresdenverse it's full of surprises and turns. Harry won't always have this guest in his head. I won't tell you how but it's a sad moment for him. I'm glad that you're enjoying reading this series.

Comment

Spoiler:
                          totally forgot but some funny parts were when Bob went to search for Marva and gang in strip clubs! LOL and he goes "I tried my breast i mean best" hilarious. Bob is an intriguing character and the Thomas brother thing, story's so complex and just awesome.

Comment

Spoiler:
                            totally forgot but some funny parts were when Bob went to search for Marva and gang in strip clubs! LOL and he goes "I tried my breast i mean best" hilarious. Bob is an intriguing character and the Thomas brother thing, story's so complex and just awesome.
                            Ah then...you're reading Blood Rights? We discover who Thomas is in that book.

Spoiler:
                            We learn in Blood Rights that Thomas whom we met in two books previous that he's Dresden Half brother. Harry's an orphan and for him to have family it's nice. And Harry now has a new furry little friend in this book. Indeed Bob using Mister the cat to do that in a recon mission was very funny. Harry was irritated about it. Bob is a spirit from the Nevernever and has some great one liners in the books. Bob likes to read romance novel. He needs a body to walk in day light. I like Thomas. Jim Butcher wrote a short story called "Backup" that features Thomas as the main character in a story. Blood Rights is a good book.
                            Last edited by geekywraith; 05 March 2010, 07:41 AM.

Comment

No, the seventh
                              Spoiler:
                              with Cowl and necromancy and just overall "Dresden has a lot on his shoulders".

Comment

No, the seventh
                                Spoiler:
                                with Cowl and necromancy and just overall "Dresden has a lot on his shoulders".
                                Ok then. Dead Beat is very good.

Spoiler:
                                Then you finished reading all 6 books rather quickly. The books are that good. Dead Beat is my favorite book and very interesting. I won't tell you what Harry rides in battle but it's awesome. It's a great story.

Comment

Working...
                                X