No announcement yet.

The Dresden Files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome prints. Great to see, but sorta wanna see some of the other characters in the covers sometimes. lol at least twice, know what you mean. I wanna read Dead Beat again instead of from the beginning, but I'll be patient.

Ahh, about water. Forgot that. Well that would be an awesome magic to wield. You can douse your opponent and their magic if they have any. He has a gun in the Changes cover. But he often doesn't use his gun. The skulls and general setting of that cover looks like a giant ritual about to happen. Crazy. Maybe all of Kemmler's followers aren't dead? Eh it'll mostly be about Red Vampires though. Hopefully they show insight of how they managed to get Outsiders.

Comment

Woah! I forgot Claudia Black appeared in an episode of The TV series! I'm watching it now.

Comment

I only watched the pilot of the Skiffy show with a friend of mine ...well at least 2/3 of the pilot but then we turned it off because it was so awful. Miscast characters, bad FX and worst of all a story that had nothing in common with the wonderful books. I wouldn't mind if "Storm Front" was turned into a big screen film with decent actors that fit to the characters and how about James Masters as Harry ;-)
        He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
        He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
        And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
          Awesome prints. Great to see, but sorta wanna see some of the other characters in the covers sometimes. lol at least twice, know what you mean. I wanna read Dead Beat again instead of from the beginning, but I'll be patient.

Ahh, about water. Forgot that. Well that would be an awesome magic to wield. You can douse your opponent and their magic if they have any. He has a gun in the Changes cover. But he often doesn't use his gun. The skulls and general setting of that cover looks like a giant ritual about to happen. Crazy. Maybe all of Kemmler's followers aren't dead? Eh it'll mostly be about Red Vampires though. Hopefully they show insight of how they managed to get Outsiders.
          Yes the prints are awesome. I bought the Storm Front print since it’s my favorite Dresden print. I want to read a third time all the Dresden books after I’ve read Changes (twice )

Dresden was able to use his magic despite the water in Changes. In Small Favor and Foul Moon he had to concentrate a lot more. It’s true that he doesn’t use his gun much. Bullets might not be effective on a vampire. The cover of Changes looks apocalyptic like some big carnage happened. I agree that the skulls are likely to be those of Red Court Vampires.

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
          Woah! I forgot Claudia Black appeared in an episode of The TV series! I'm watching it now.
          Erk the TV series. No offence to CB but I didn’t like her in the episode. She was noisy and rude to Harry. TV Susan was only in an ep and was a dumb blond and she disappeared like she never existed.
          The TV series is AU and has little or nothing to do with the books in my opinion since it's so different.

Originally posted by huntress View Post
          I only watched the pilot of the Skiffy show with a friend of mine ...well at least 2/3 of the pilot but then we turned it off because it was so awful. Miscast characters, bad FX and worst of all a story that had nothing in common with the wonderful books. I wouldn't mind if "Storm Front" was turned into a big screen film with decent actors that fit to the characters and how about James Masters as Harry ;-)
          I completely agree with your post.
          Last edited by geekywraith; 26 March 2010, 02:58 PM.
          Crowley: ‘Give Me Coffee or Give Me Death.’ It’s a funny name for a coffee shop.
          Nina: Everything else was taken.

Comment

Originally posted by geekywraith View Post

Erk the TV series. No offence to CB but I didn’t like her in the episode. She was noisy and rude to Harry.
            TV Susan was only in an ep and was a dumb blond and she disappeared like she never existed.
            The TV series is AU and has little or nothing to do with the books in my opinion since it's so different.
            Oh definitely, I think Susan was set up for future seasons but she was really annoying. CB's character was....odd. The TV series is very far from the books, I think even Jim Butcher once stated he likes to view the show as an AU. I liked the TV series, but I like the books ALOT more!

Comment

Oh definitely, I think Susan was set up for future seasons but she was really annoying. CB's character was....odd. The TV series is very far from the books, I think even Jim Butcher once stated he likes to view the show as an AU. I liked the TV series, but I like the books ALOT more!
              Yes she was annoying and very far from Susan in the books. Harry had a cat and it also went "poof!" in the series. CB was indeed odd and quick to judge Harry. The series would have been better if it was closer to the books. It has to do with the network and all the changes they though would be better for the TV series. Harry walking around with a hockey stick was an odd alternative.
              Crowley: ‘Give Me Coffee or Give Me Death.’ It’s a funny name for a coffee shop.

Comment

Yes she was annoying and very far from Susan in the books. Harry had a cat and it also went "poof!" in the series. CB was indeed odd and quick to judge Harry. The series would have been better if it was closer to the books. It has to do with the network and all the changes they though would be better for the TV series. Harry walking around with a hockey stick was an odd alternative.
                Indeed, the hockey stick was kinda annoying and the special effects looked pretty bad. I would rather him use that drumstick that was in a few episodes that than the hockey stick. I just re-realized Nicolas Cage was an executive producer for the show and he is starring in a movie about a sorcerer this summer....it looks kinda familiar to me. I really liked Morgan in the show though, and Murphy as well as the dragon episode. I thought Bob was great too, I liked the idea there was a ghost that could materialize out of the skull. But alot of the storylines in the show were....kinda boring. I hope someday there is a series that follows the books, and has a full season dedicated to one novel. I'm surprised it hasn't been picked for a movie or something.

Comment

Indeed, the hockey stick was kinda annoying and the special effects looked pretty bad. I would rather him use that drumstick that was in a few episodes that than the hockey stick. I just re-realized Nicolas Cage was an executive producer for the show and he is starring in a movie about a sorcerer this summer....it looks kinda familiar to me. I really liked Morgan in the show though, and Murphy as well as the dragon episode. I thought Bob was great too, I liked the idea there was a ghost that could materialize out of the skull. But alot of the storylines in the show were....kinda boring. I hope someday there is a series that follows the books, and has a full season dedicated to one novel. I'm surprised it hasn't been picked for a movie or something.

The drumstick was also silly and it made my think of Harry Potter (that I’ve never seen or read). Dresden is a wizard why on earth did they give him musician’s tools?!

Ah yes I heard about that and immediately thought of Dresden when I saw a picture! Hopefully the movie won’t be awful since he's a well known actor and the genre (since it's about a sorcery). Movies can and do massacre great graphic novels and books.

In the TV series Morgan was the only character close to the books because of his fanatical hatred towards Harry. Murphy was very different. She should have been cast as Susan for the looks. The dragon ep was not too bad. I also hope that someday a faithful project will be made on the books. On a YouTube clip the author JB said that the actor who plays in TV series House (Hugh Laurie) would make a great Dresden.

Comment

The drumstick was also silly and it made my think of Harry Potter (that I’ve never seen or read). Dresden is a wizard why on earth did they give him musician’s tools?!

Ah yes I heard about that and immediately thought of Dresden when I saw a picture! Hopefully the movie won’t be awful since he's a well known actor and the genre (since it's about a sorcery). Movies can and do massacre great graphic novels and books.

In the TV series Morgan was the only character close to the books because of his fanatical hatred towards Harry. Murphy was very different. She should have been cast as Susan for the looks. The dragon ep was not too bad. I also hope that someday a faithful project will be made on the books. On a YouTube clip the author JB said that the actor who plays in TV series House (Hugh Laurie) would make a great Dresden.
                    Hugh Laurie? Wow, I think I would watch that! Yeah the drumstick was very Harry Potter, I wouldn't be surprised if that is where the idea came from. I find humorous there are two great wizards named Harry. (I love Harry Potter BTW). I'm really looking forward to the Sorcerer's Apprentice. As I think Nic Cage actually does well with Disney films. Murphy did seem kinda like the Susan to me at times, and I liked the idea of one of the member's of the High Council being a dragon. But the books really do deserve an accurate adaptation.

Comment

Hugh Laurie? Wow, I think I would watch that! Yeah the drumstick was very Harry Potter, I wouldn't be surprised if that is where the idea came from. I find humorous there are two great wizards named Harry. (I love Harry Potter BTW). I'm really looking forward to the Sorcerer's Apprentice. As I think Nic Cage actually does well with Disney films. Murphy did seem kinda like the Susan to me at times, and I liked the idea of one of the member's of the High Council being a dragon. But the books really do deserve an accurate adaptation.
                      The idea to use the Harry Potter drum stick it a clear reference to anyone. Indeed two wizards named Harry is amusing.

TV series the White Coucil is called the High Council why the name change? Odd choices again… The dragon wasn’t a member he was a foe posing as Murphy and needed to be invited to get in AU Harry’s home.
                      Last edited by geekywraith; 28 March 2010, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Yes but at the end of the episode I think Dresden figured out that the Asian Council member(Mai? My?) was a dragon, at least thats what I saw it infer.
                        Last edited by Replicator Todd; 28 March 2010, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Yes but at the end of the episode I think Dresden figured out that the Asian Council member(Mai? My?) was a dragon, at least thats what I saw it infer.
                          Oh ok... I didn't remember that.

Comment

Great now I have to watch the show too to get a frame of reference.

With Dresden's powers, he did some earth magic and I think some wind magic too? The pentacle is supposed to represent five powers? Or am I wrong? I forget what they are though.

Comment

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
                              Great now I have to watch the show too to get a frame of reference.

With Dresden's powers, he did some earth magic and I think some wind magic too? The pentacle is supposed to represent five powers? Or am I wrong? I forget what they are though.
                              No you really don’t have to watch the series. It's better if you don't. It has little to do with the books and they made too many changes.

The pentacle does represent the five powers. He mentions what it means in a few books like in Small Favor. I think he did use earth magic in Turn Coat (on the Island) and wind magic.

*11 more days until the release of Changes*

Comment

Haha, fair enough. They should do a remake of the show or even movies though. The book contents are themselves scripts.

Welcome to the Jungle kept true to the story and characters despite several details. Maybe they can do something along those lines. I wouldn't mind new stories though and twists.

Can't wait for the next one.

Comment

Working...
                                X