The Dresden Files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
    I won't be able to read Changes for a while. I need to read the the others first. And I might wait for the paperback too, as I own the first three in paperback. I might not buy them in hardback until I own them all (something I like to do for some reason.)
    Actually almost all of them are now availble as paperbacks. The friend from whom I am borrowing the books certainly only has them as paperbacks and she has all the books by now minus "Changes" of course.
    He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
    He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
    And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by huntress View Post
      Actually almost all of them are now availble as paperbacks. The friend from whom I am borrowing the books certainly only has them as paperbacks and she has all the books by now minus "Changes" of course.
      Yup, I think they are all in paper pack know except for Changes, Turn Coat was released on paperback on March 2nd. So next time I go to the bookstore I should get three of four of them. Unless other books catch my eye....

Comment

I won't be able to read Changes for a while. I need to read the the others first. And I might wait for the paperback too, as I own the first three in paperback. I might not buy them in hardback until I own them all (something I like to do for some reason.)
        Well I own the books in hardcover and in paperback. I like to have both.

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
        You'll be surprised how fast the books go by. I was and a bit down after I had finished.

lol We should have a ticker that counts down til release date. Ahh in Small Favors, gotcha. Just want to see him use new magic. Maybe have him encounter someone with water magic and see how he handles that. It would be pretty awesome.
        Yes reading all the books goes by fast. It's kind of depressing when there isn't another to read. I like the Dresdenverse. Reading the books again is still enjoyable.

Hmm a ticker that counts down til release date? Perhaps I should.

In Changes (and other books like Storm Front) Dresden said that water disrupted magic and made it harder for it to work. It would be a challenge for him but he surprised himself in the pouring water in the building. (he's more powerful than before)

Yup, I think they are all in paper pack know except for Changes, Turn Coat was released on paperback on March 2nd. So next time I go to the bookstore I should get three of four of them. Unless other books catch my eye....
        Yes they are all available. Changes will be available next year in paperback. Yes you must buy four of them. You won't regret it. Buying something other than the Dresden Files? Blasphemous talk.
        Crowley: ‘Give Me Coffee or Give Me Death.’ It’s a funny name for a coffee shop.
        Nina: Everything else was taken.

Comment

Originally posted by geekywraith View Post

Yes they are all available. Changes will be available next year in paperback. Yes you must buy four of them. You won't regret it. Buying something other than the Dresden Files? Blasphemous talk.
          Hey, bookstores for me is like Disneyland for kids, I'm very easily persuaded by book covers and collections . I definitely plan on owning all of the Dresden Files. I even have a small poster. I was hoping books 4-6 and 7-9 would be released in boxsets just as the first three were but I guess not...

Comment

Hey, bookstores for me is like Disneyland for kids, I'm very easily persuaded by book covers and collections . I definitely plan on owning all of the Dresden Files. I even have a small poster. I was hoping books 4-6 and 7-9 would be released in boxsets just as the first three were but I guess not...
            I can understand that. Book covers can influence people. A book might be good but if it has a cheesy or bad cover I might stay away from it, Yes I too have the small poster. Since I'm a bit obsessed I bought the box set to get the poster. But it was also to refresh my paperbacks with the new covers. Well perhaps other sets will be released some day.

But people can buy prints of the illustrations of the book covers from the illustrator. I already did.
            Crowley: ‘Give Me Coffee or Give Me Death.’ It’s a funny name for a coffee shop.

Comment

I can understand that. Book covers can influence people. A book might be good but if it has a cheesy or bad cover I might stay away from it, Yes I too have the small poster. Since I'm a bit obsessed I bought the box set to get the poster. But it was also to refresh my paperbacks with the new covers. Well perhaps other sets will be released some day.

But people can buy prints of the illustrations of the book covers from the illustrator. I already did.
              *explodes* All those are from the Dresden files?! I don't recognize some of the characters. Good God I need some of those!

Comment

*explodes* All those are from the Dresden files?! I don't recognize some of the characters. Good God I need some of those!
                Not all of them since he's an illustrator. I don't know the other characters but they all look great.
                The prints look great in a frame. I stare at mine and grin.

Comment

Not all of them since the he's an illustrator. I don't know the other characters but they all look great.
                  The prints look great in a frame. I stare at mine and grin.
                  They look so real, like its real actors from a movie or show or something....

Comment

They look so real, like its real actors from a movie or show or something....
                    Yes they look real. I've read on a thread were the illustrator described how he works. He hires paint models and paints in an ultra realistic way the people and adds imaginary things.

So Dresden on the covers is some paint model…

Comment

Yes they look real. I've read on a thread were the illustrator described how he works. He hires paint models and paints in an ultra realistic way the people and adds imaginary things.

So Dresden on the covers is some paint model…
                      Oh wow, thats awesome. Alot of them look like they all take place in the same world. Its very cool.

Comment

Oh wow, thats awesome. Alot of them look like they all take place in the same world. Its very cool.
                        Indeed. I like the look of all of them. Dark and edgy. So having a Dresden Files print is awesome.

Comment

Indeed. I like the look of all of them. Dark and edgy. So having a Dresden Files print is awesome.
                          I'm actually looking up the other stuff and thinking about reading those! I'm easily drawn in.

Comment

I'm actually looking up the other stuff and thinking about reading those! I'm easily drawn in.
                            My too but I don't know what they could be about. The title of the illustrations is the same as the books in the case of the Dresden Files and maybe for the others.

Comment

My too but I don't know what they could be about. The title of the illustrations is the same as the books in the case of the Dresden Files and maybe for the others.
                              Yup, most of them are book titles. And alot of them are part of series.

Comment

Yup, most of them are book titles. And alot of them are part of series.
                                I'll have to track some books down and see if they might interest me OF COURSE after I've read Dresden Files Changes at least twice.

Comment

Working...
                                X