Mass Effect universe discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 days!
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      5 days!
      Yeah. While I'm happy that the game's release is getting closer, I'm very much annoyed that I haven't pre-ordered it yet because the local store can't confirm if they'll be getting stocks of the N7 CE. Le sigh.
      I could get the Digital Deluxe thingy from Origin...or wait for the GotY edition w/ all the DLCs or whatnot.
      (still busy w/ KoA:R and Battlefield 3 ever since I got a new PC...gotta bring up my crummy KDR/WLR for BF3. Love the L85A2 so far. And tanks. I love tanks. 'cept when I'm on foot and that 120mm/125mm is aimed at me )
      sigpic

Comment

Still have to wait till friday on this side of the pond, but its still close ! Collector's edition all the way, despite the fiasco with GAME cancelling preorders of it, cheers for gamestop anyways. Here's the Launch trailer that just came out today, lets tear them Reapers a new one !
        sigpic
        What a show !

Comment

Originally posted by VengefulSpud View Post
          Still have to wait till friday on this side of the pond, but its still close ! Collector's edition all the way, despite the fiasco with GAME cancelling preorders of it, cheers for gamestop anyways. Here's the Launch trailer that just came out today, lets tear them Reapers a new one !
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bG2mdZ23eP8
          Well I have chills after watching that. Now it my game is preloading, the wait is nearly over.

Comment

Very nice trailer and music (I like stuff from 'Two Steps from Hell'/Thomas Bergensen. The ME2 trailer had one of theirs, too. Wasn't this one used for one of the Narnia movies?).

Finally, big fleet battle.
            I wonder if they'll show stuff like the maximum effective ranges of their respective weapon systems (kinda like those shipboard mass accelerators that dude was talking about in the entry area of the Citadel in ME2, as well as the ME1 fluff).
            sigpic

Comment

...aaand it seems there's no chance that the local store will be getting the N7 CE thingy. Oh well. It's either the digital deluxe thingy...or wait for a GotY edition, I guess.
              sigpic

Comment

So....I finished the Arrival finally so now I am all ready for ME 3. Well I finished it a while ago but the vagaries of life kept me busy to report this grand fact to this august assemblage.

So yeah been celebrating the release of ME 3 by having a ME media day just watching pretty much every single ME video I can get my hands on including that rather awesome launch trailer. So yeah can't wait for the uneiling of the Collector's edition.

Comment

Can't wait either. Like a day and a half to go
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

It was funny though in Arrival I got stuck with my Vanguard in the control room with those pyros so I just nuked am...no more Pyros.

Comment

Hmm, just seen a fair bit of whining over on the Bioware Social Network (although that's hardly news ) over the endings you can get in Mass Effect 3, which some people apparently have obtained thanks to spoilers and script leaks. Seems they're pretty dark or bittersweet, and some want a happier ending.

Without giving out any spoilers (which I couldn't do anyway, I've been deliberately avoiding anything specific ) it seems some have compared the endings to the original Deus Ex's endings in terms of darkness.

Still I can't help but be amused that there are people who expect a game about a war against an almost unstoppable force of 37 million year old machine gods on a galactic cycle of destruction to have a happy disney ending where everyone walks off into the sunset ok and unharmed.

Comment

decided to get the N7 digital deluxe download thingy via Origin.
                        ...maybe I'll get the CE later, if it's available elsewhere (IF I end up loving the game, that is)
                        ...that or maybe there'll be a ME trilogy CE thingy. *shrugs*

pre-downloading now.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                          Hmm, just seen a fair bit of whining over on the Bioware Social Network (although that's hardly news ) over the endings you can get in Mass Effect 3, which some people apparently have obtained thanks to spoilers and script leaks. Seems they're pretty dark or bittersweet, and some want a happier ending.

Without giving out any spoilers (which I couldn't do anyway, I've been deliberately avoiding anything specific ) it seems some have compared the endings to the original Deus Ex's endings in terms of darkness.

Still I can't help but be amused that there are people who expect a game about a war against an almost unstoppable force of 37 million year old machine gods on a galactic cycle of destruction to have a happy disney ending where everyone walks off into the sunset ok and unharmed.
                          ...No kidding. And still even if that was a minor spoiler I have never played Deus Ex so I still have no idea what the heck you are talking about.

But on this note I have decided if ME 3 doesen't cause me to weep five times like I did watching End of Time then Bioware will have epically failed.
                          Originally posted by gotthammer View Post
                          decided to get the N7 digital deluxe download thingy via Origin.
                          ...maybe I'll get the CE later, if it's available elsewhere (IF I end up loving the game, that is)
                          ...that or maybe there'll be a ME trilogy CE thingy. *shrugs*

pre-downloading now.
                          Or do an Aniversary edition like they are doing with Halo...but they better release it for the Playstation.

Comment

Don't hold your breath. Part of the terms of the Bungie split-off was that Microsoft retains the Halo IP.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                              Don't hold your breath. Part of the terms of the Bungie split-off was that Microsoft retains the Halo IP.
                              He was using Halo: Anniversary as an example for getting Mass Effect 1 on the PS3. But Microsoft owns Mass Effect 1 in its entirely. All three games will never be on the PS3

Comment

No they don't. They own the console publishing rights, that's all. The IP belongs to BioWare (who are owned by EA), and all non-console publishing rights belong to EA.

Comment

Working...
                                X