Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gotthammer View Post
    I wouldn't read to much into it...
    If that's supposed to mean anything, I'd sooner think that he's arrogant to think that he's better/'above' other humans...
    That's pretty much how I read it. I mean, the guy is practically playing "God," he's dedicated vast amounts of resources to bring Shepard back to life. He's probably responsible for the first human biotics, among other things.

If the eyes are any indication, he's had some upgrades done to himself, too. You have to assume that he'd have had other work done, work that doesn't make him quite human.

Ultimately, he's ushering in a new age for humanity with himself at the forefront.

If that doesn't say arrogant, I don't know what does.

re: eyes
    I kinda wished that the 'Paragon' Shep could also get 'glowing' eyes (I don't really remember, but weren't there visual 'indicators' in Knights of the Old Republic if you were on either end of the Dark Side/Light Side of the Force thingy?).
    Methinks the med bay upgrade could have been implemented better...
    Yeah, that would have been cool, some blue eyes to match the red.

Thinking back on it, I don't know that KotOR had a visual indicator for Jedi. The Sith looked like a Sith should, but the Jedi just looked normal. I mean, you had the blue aura on your character screen, and it cost less to use certain force powers, but I think that was the extent of it. Granted, it's been a while since I've done a playthrough. Guess that means it's time for another run. KotOR never gets old.

Comment

yeah, but those don't come in a nice, wooden (or tin) box.
      (got a mug w/ the deal, too. the 'cloth' map was ugly, tho'...)
      So the box can sit on the shelf, and very occasionally be pulled down to be admired?

A little jealous of the mug though, I'll admit
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

[QUOTE=DigiFluid;11376064
        A little jealous of the mug though, I'll admit [/QUOTE]

Hehehe. I think it was an asian-release 'exclusive'. It's not so great, tho' (I actually think the print on the mug could be better *shrugs*).

As for the box: yeah, that's pretty much it. it's there to take up space and look pretty.

re: KotOR...or Star Wars in general
        my Shepard wants a Star Destroyer.
        sigpic

Comment

re: KotOR...or Star Wars in general
          my Shepard wants a Star Destroyer.
          Yeah? My Shepard wants a lot of things. Too bad you can't get them all.

Comment

My Shepard wants his other 'P' back
            sigpic
            385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
              My Shepard wants his other 'P' back
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                I can't remember the last time I bought a (non-console) physical copy of a game. Digital download is the way to go.

Admittedly, Steam sucked when it first came out. But it's come a long way since then; really very solid these days.
                Meh, I would really like it, if I could tell it where it is supposed to put the games (yes I know, you can tweak the registry, but it would be preferable within settings)
                It is however nice when you can take your physical copy and for example register it somewhere, so you can at some point in the future download it, instead of looking for CDs/DVDs (not to mention that recently, time it would take to DL a game is getting shorter than time to reinstall from CDs), like you can with games from blizzard (don't know which was the first one to offer it tho)

Originally posted by gotthammer
                hmm...Kasumi DLC tomorrow. I wonder if it's worth it...
                $7 isn't much, after all...
                Ah, another pet peeve of mine. What the hell is with releasing the game and straight out having NPCs there basically telling people "if you want to see this, you have to pay (even) more" (This was much more in your face in DA:O, where there was friggin NPC doing this in your own camp...)

Another question, did someone else have serious beef with the dialog wheel? (I mean come on... I don't need the answers colour coded for my convenience, nor do I need them placed from top to bottom on scale of their "renegadiness")

On a side note, hereby I am taking bets (not seriously ofc ) whether ME3 finally gets class balance (Bioware, RTFM about stacking skills and % increases, this has been around since forever), difficulty (esp. on PC) and renegade/paragon divide right.
                Big RPG revival, going through well-known RPGs one by one.
                Done: Fallout 1/2/3, Icewind Dale 1/2, Baldur's Gate 1/2, Neverwinter Nights 1, ME1/2, DA:O, The Witcher
                To Do: Neverwinter Nights 2 (+MotB, SoZ), KotOR 1/2 (If I get it to work.)
                Favs: F2 (for its humour) PS:T (for being the best story reliant RPG)

Oblivion isn't going to be done ever, I just can't force myself to play it.

Comment

Originally posted by Xarn View Post
                  Ah, another pet peeve of mine. What the hell is with releasing the game and straight out having NPCs there basically telling people "if you want to see this, you have to pay (even) more" (This was much more in your face in DA:O, where there was friggin NPC doing this in your own camp...)
                  Are you talking about the newsfeed that mentions Kasumi? Because, in my opinion, it was a nice touch. If you choose to purchase her, then you kind of know what to expect, a super thief of sorts. You hear of some of her exploits. If you choose not to purchase her, then it still just adds a little something to the universe (and you know that there's bad@$$ out there that isn't a part of your team).

Either way, I quite like Kasumi (and the Locust!) and think both are worth the price.

Originally posted by Xarn View Post
                  Another question, did someone else have serious beef with the dialog wheel? (I mean come on... I don't need the answers colour coded for my convenience, nor do I need them placed from top to bottom on scale of their "renegadiness")
                  Weren't the only options in color the "Charm" and "Intimidate?" Which I suspect were done that way to distinguish them from the rest of the wheel. In addition, considering that the text given on the wheel is only a summary of what the character says (and you can't hear how he'll say it), it makes sense to order them in terms of "Paragon," and "Neutral," and "Renegade." Otherwise even more people would complain, I think.

So no, I had no real issues with the wheel.

Comment

I liked the speech wheels. Don't think they need to change it.
                    sigpic
                    385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Oranos View Post
                      Are you talking about the newsfeed that mentions Kasumi?
                      Nah, I mean the DLCs in general, not kasumi's one in particular. Some of them are well worth it (I don't have anything against those ^.^), but some of them feel like shameless ripoff.

Weren't the only options in color the "Charm" and "Intimidate?" Which I suspect were done that way to distinguish them from the rest of the wheel. In addition, considering that the text given on the wheel is only a summary of what the character says (and you can't hear how he'll say it), it makes sense to order them in terms of "Paragon," and "Neutral," and "Renegade." Otherwise even more people would complain, I think.

So no, I had no real issues with the wheel.
                      The problem is that you end up with situation like releasing the rachni queen, which is supposed to be moral dilema, where you don't know what to do... Or you wouldn't, if the choices weren't always blue, top left: charm; red, bottom left: intimidate; top right: paragon; mid right: neutral; bottom right: renegade. (I rather won't talk about what I think about naming the paths paragon/renegade in context of actions chosen by those respective characters ingame... That would take way more time than I have (+ I would have to go through ME1/2 again))

In addition, considering that the text given on the wheel is only a summary of what the character says (and you can't hear how he'll say it),
                      Yeah, another of those WTF moments... especially when you have two words description for a dialog choice, and your character then goes into lengthy monologue (Not to mention that the description isn't always corresponding to the speech delivered (I don't remember any place where the char's line wasn't consistent with its place on the wheel... Another WTF?))
                      Done: Fallout 1/2/3, Icewind Dale 1/2, Baldur's Gate 1/2, Neverwinter Nights 1, ME1/2, DA:O, The Witcher

Comment

I like the conversation wheel well enough. I just wish that had the actual dialogue, rather than the jist of what your character says.

That's one thing that I really like about Dragon Age over Mass Effect, that it has the lines. Unfortunately there's no voice-over for your character in DA past "it shall be done!" and the like =\
                        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Whats the point in reading it then hearing it out loud? I like the fact the speech expands the text selection.
                          sigpic
                          385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Whats the point in reading it then hearing it out loud? I like the fact the speech expands the text selection.
                            Up until you see 2 words description which more or less says whatever, and your character starts yelling at people...

Comment

Not necessarily what Xarn said, but what I dislike about the conversation wheel is that sometimes the dialogue-jist ends up saying something completely unexpected and not what I'd intended at all. With the full dialogue on-screen, I know what's happening.

As for why I would want both the dialogue and for it to be spoken? I think it detracts from Dragon Age for there to be no primary voice-over. They've obviously already got all the responses recorded and in the game, so what would've been so difficult about hiring one more voice actor?

My character isn't a mute, I'm not playing as Gordon Freeman.

Comment

ah'l give you that.
                                sigpic
                                385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Working...
                                X