Mass Effect universe discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rodney_Mckay View Post
    Finished the first Mass Effect at 00:00 exactly (sat-sun transistion).When the credits were rolling I was just.. O_O

Well...Mass Effect 2 started up 5 minutes later
    And your total addiction begins

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
      And your total addiction begins
      Well, the 2 ME games aren't that long...so I don't think the 'addiction' is so bad...
      (heck, I think Dragon Age is longer than both ME 1 & ME 2 combined)

Trying to finish a grand strategy game encompassing the pre-war to the post WW2 eras, and where a lot of the times you're looking at your country's industry figures...now that's bad.
      I could say the same about *shudder* Civilization and games of that sort.
      Gah. I shouldn't have reminded myself of Civ...musn't...re-install...
      sigpic

Comment

So can someone answer a question for me. I was reading the Mass Effect Wiki entry for carriers, and it said how Commander Shepard says that carriers are an example of humans thinking outside of the box. What is that from? Is it one of the games or a book, because I have no recollection of it.
        All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
          So can someone answer a question for me. I was reading the Mass Effect Wiki entry for carriers, and it said how Commander Shepard says that carriers are an example of humans thinking outside of the box. What is that from? Is it one of the games or a book, because I have no recollection of it.
          Might just be the wiki that’s wrong (wouldn’t be the first time, the stargate wiki is an entire website of mistakes). I seem to remember the mention of thinking outside the box comes from the codex entry.

Comment

Mass Effect 1 & 2 are my favorite games of all time by Bioware.

I'm looking forward to the 3rd, and final game to the series.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
              Mass Effect 1 & 2 are my favorite games of all time by Bioware.

I'm looking forward to the 3rd, and final game to the series.
              Has it been confirmed that the 3rd will be the last? I recall reading about this somewhere, but can't remember what website it was.

I loved ME 1 & 2, 2 of my favourite games I think, but I just couldn't get into Dragon Age at all. Anyone else feel the same?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                Has it been confirmed that the 3rd will be the last? I recall reading about this somewhere, but can't remember what website it was.
                For Commander Shepard, 3 will be the end of his story. But Mass Effect should still be around in some shape or form.

Comment

I loved ME 1 & 2, 2 of my favourite games I think, but I just couldn't get into Dragon Age at all. Anyone else feel the same?
                  Nope. I took forever to buy it because generally I loathe any non-Tolkien fantasy. But now that I have bought it....my god. In 9 days I've logged 17 and a half hours and already bought the Awakening expansion on the strength of the game.

Definitely right up there among the best games I've played.
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post

My first playthrough was somewhere in the region of 110 hrs.

It could do w/ some polish, tho'. It would be awesome if BioWare gave it treatment similar to that given by CD Projekt Red to The Witcher after release (i.e., the patches, free upgrades and other goodies).
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                      Nope. I took forever to buy it because generally I loathe any non-Tolkien fantasy. But now that I have bought it....my god. In 9 days I've logged 17 and a half hours and already bought the Awakening expansion on the strength of the game.

I also found it really buggy. I had one mission to defend the town from zombies, and the mission wouldn't end. I killed off all the zombies but nothing would happen. I had to replay the mission five or six times until it finally went through. And there were other bugs I encountered that just turned me away from it.
                      I might give it another go though since I feel like playing an RPG-type game.
                      sigpic

Comment

Wow, I just learned that the kick as Asari Matriarch bartender Aethyta is voiced by none other than Claudia Black using a different accent.

She's turning into quite the talented voice actress.

The fact it's a bigger name like that who's already voicing other characters also means that the chances of Atheyta reappearing in ME3 just went from virtually zero to virtually zero +1!

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
                          Wow, I just learned that the kick as Asari Matriarch bartender Aethyta is voiced by none other than Claudia Black using a different accent.

She's turning into quite the talented voice actress.
                          She is very good, she voiced an American character in Crysis, and it was very hard to tell it was her, I only knew she was in it when her name came up in the credits. She does a good American accent as well.

Comment

Originally posted by gotthammer View Post
                            It would be awesome if BioWare gave it treatment similar to that given by CD Projekt Red to The Witcher after release (i.e., the patches, free upgrades and other goodies).
                            Well there is some. I got a bunch of freebies when I bought the Deluxe Ed. Then there's the dirt cheap Return to Ostagar addition (something like $5).

I also found it really buggy. I had one mission to defend the town from zombies, and the mission wouldn't end. I killed off all the zombies but nothing would happen. I had to replay the mission five or six times until it finally went through. And there were other bugs I encountered that just turned me away from it.
                            I might give it another go though since I feel like playing an RPG-type game.
                            Weird, I've had no bug/glitch problems of any kind.
                            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I love ME. A lot. I've read the novels, multi-play throughs etc. And I may be about to blaspheme, but I prefer ME1 to ME2. Sure, the combat is better. But there's a whole bunch of things I wish had made it to the second.
                              sigpic
                              385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
                                I love ME. A lot. I've read the novels, multi-play throughs etc. And I may be about to blaspheme, but I prefer ME1 to ME2. Sure, the combat is better. But there's a whole bunch of things I wish had made it to the second.
                                I think the main difference is in how they approached it. The volume of content is probably about on par; but where ME1 was a jug of fruit punch, ME2 is a can of fruit punch concentrate.

Comment

Working...
                                X