No announcement yet.

Mass Effect universe discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, after readin the first novel, I really don't like batarians.

Btw, I'll post pics when I get on a Computer, but do you guys think that Collectors look like a cross between Chigs and Shadows?
    sigpic
    385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

I didn't really watch SAAB so I can't say on that front, but I definitely got the same Shadow vibe you did
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

The general is easily a Shadow, and the Drones are like a Chig Warrior with a Shadow's eyes and organic look.
        sigpic
        385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
          I didn't really watch SAAB so I can't say on that front, but I definitely got the same Shadow vibe you did
          Shadows on two legs was what my friend yelled when he first saw them. And here he always claimed he hated B5...
          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Hehehe. Seriously, guys, google Chig. You'll see what I mean.
            sigpic
            385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
              The general is easily a Shadow, and the Drones are like a Chig Warrior with a Shadow's eyes and organic look.
              What? No reference to Pilot here?

Comment

Nah, I didn't see Pilot. Though, I see where your coming from
                sigpic
                385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
                  Nah, I didn't see Pilot. Though, I see where your coming from
                  I just figured since we were tossing everything else out there...

Comment

hehehe...well, ME & ME2 is kinda close to Farscape.
                    (heck, the whole 'collect the aliens for the showdown' bit reminded me of one of the later episodes of season 2 )
                    sigpic

Comment

And of course one of Shepard's clothing choices just cries out *Crichton*! (with a bit of Star Wars and Outland thrown in)
                      sigpic
                      385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Since this thread seems to be about the games as well, anyone knows whether there is any way to make ME2 more challenging than insanity? I was recently thinking about another playthrough, but it is rather easy for my liking.

Also, FFS renegade isn't evil. He is more of dirty harry... not perfectly logical, kinda loose cannon, but always basically good. (if you want to see evil, go play through some of the really evil parts of PS:T, where ironically enough, the most evil being you encounter is absolute pragmatist)

I will otherwise refrain from commenting on ME (I didnt like it much and don't feel like posting extremely long post about my gripes, when most other people seem to like the game.)

OT: is there any way to eliminate the stupid coding (I mean come on, it is year 2009, this kind of thing should be standard) bug in DA:O, which causes loading to slow down to crawl after playing for a long time (W7), I recently finished it (liked it a lot more than ME), and want to try another playthrough but it is depressing when location that when you start the game takes under 5 seconds to load, takes several minutes... and quiting the game every hour or so is also stupid.
                        Big RPG revival, going through well-known RPGs one by one.
                        Done: Fallout 1/2/3, Icewind Dale 1/2, Baldur's Gate 1/2, Neverwinter Nights 1, ME1/2, DA:O, The Witcher
                        To Do: Neverwinter Nights 2 (+MotB, SoZ), KotOR 1/2 (If I get it to work.)
                        Favs: F2 (for its humour) PS:T (for being the best story reliant RPG)

Oblivion isn't going to be done ever, I just can't force myself to play it.

Comment

Originally posted by Xarn View Post
                          Since this thread seems to be about the games as well, anyone knows whether there is any way to make ME2 more challenging than insanity? I was recently thinking about another playthrough, but it is rather easy for my liking.
                          New Game Plus.

Comment

OT: is there any way to eliminate the stupid coding (I mean come on, it is year 2009, this kind of thing should be standard) bug in DA:O, which causes loading to slow down to crawl after playing for a long time (W7), I recently finished it (liked it a lot more than ME), and want to try another playthrough but it is depressing when location that when you start the game takes under 5 seconds to load, takes several minutes... and quiting the game every hour or so is also stupid.
                            Time for a new PC? I've encountered none of that.
                            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Oranos View Post
                              New Game Plus.
                              Been there, done that, still easy. I guess the game needs better AI... Or maybe I should just play another class ^.^

Originally posted by DigiFluid
                              Time for a new PC? I've encountered none of that.
                              Running HDDs in raid, HD 5870, OCed i7-920, 12gig DDR3 at 1600 (stable at first try surprisingly enough)

So yeah, thats not it. The problem is (most likely, gleaned through some observation I've done...) incorrect handling of system resources, respectively release thereof.
                              Big RPG revival, going through well-known RPGs one by one.
                              Done: Fallout 1/2/3, Icewind Dale 1/2, Baldur's Gate 1/2, Neverwinter Nights 1, ME1/2, DA:O, The Witcher
                              To Do: Neverwinter Nights 2 (+MotB, SoZ), KotOR 1/2 (If I get it to work.)
                              Favs: F2 (for its humour) PS:T (for being the best story reliant RPG)

Oblivion isn't going to be done ever, I just can't force myself to play it.

Comment

Been there, done that, still easy. I guess the game needs better AI... Or maybe I should just play another class ^.^
                                Yeah, that's about as hard as it gets, so there's not much more you can try besides maybe changing class.

Comment

Working...
                                X