No announcement yet.

Mass Effect universe discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm....don't agree with that, actually. Sorry.
    sigpic
    385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
      Hmmm....don't agree with that, actually. Sorry.
      What things from ME1 are you referring to?

I thought ME2 was just as good if not better. There were some bugs and glitches in ME1 that were fixed in ME2 and made the game really smooth.
      sigpic

Comment

Hey, I admit many aspects of ME2 are much better. But parts of the storyline get me, I don't like resource management, I dont like thenumber of loading screens. Am not too fond of the galaxy map either. But hey, thats just me. There are plenty of improvements too.
        And I never said I DIDN'T like the 2nd game.
        sigpic
        385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

But parts of the storyline get me,
          Fair enough. Different strokes, and all that.

I don't like resource management,
          How so? I thought the means of finding resources was a stupid waste of time in ME1. At least in ME2, they're actually useful.

I dont like thenumber of loading screens.
          I played both games on 360 and didn't particularly notice any difference in the number of loading screens

Am not too fond of the galaxy map either.
          If it's the fuel thing you take issue with, I'm in total agreement. I thought that was a really dumb way to go when ME1's galaxy system was just fine.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

It seemed everything I did was followed by a loading screen. And they definitely lasted longer.
            sigpic
            385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

It seemed everything I did was followed by a loading screen. And they definitely lasted longer.
              The loading screens on the Normandy were especially bad, bad to the point where they became the reason I didn't talk to certain characters after every mission. Spreading all the characters around across multiple loading screens probably wasn't the best design idea either. Put them on two levels tops, some on the command deck and the rest down in that crew quarters area.

On my first play through I put up with it and waited through the screens to talk to most of them but by the time my third one came around I barely talked to anyone that wasn't Mordin anymore, the loading screens being the entire reason for it.

Comment

Mmmm yes, I fogot about that. The Normandy load screens were annoying.
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Yea, it was pretty bad. The loading screens didn't last as long in ME1.
                  Now, I didnt mind the vehicle levels. Even the vehicle exploration wasn't too bad. It made the galaxy seem bigger, more explorable. Although, I did hate being a member of the Mako Climbing Club though....
                  sigpic
                  385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                    I also found it really buggy. I had one mission to defend the town from zombies, and the mission wouldn't end. I killed off all the zombies but nothing would happen. I had to replay the mission five or six times until it finally went through. And there were other bugs I encountered that just turned me away from it.
                    I might give it another go though since I feel like playing an RPG-type game.
                    I think the bug here (Redcliffe, right?) is that some of the zombie thingies get stuck (path problems?) near the top of the ramp. Sometimes reloads help, other times you may have to go after them (which I think may mean that you'll have less time to get down to deal w/ the 'second part' of the fight).
                    As a whole, yes, Dragon Age is still buggy. Still, it's one of the better RPGs I've played in quite a while.

Re: Claudia Black's voice
                    Yup. Awesome in ME2 (3 characters, at least: Adm. Xen, the Asari bartender <tho' I've not seen that 'confirmed', but I suspected it when I first encountered that character>, and another Asari
                    Spoiler:
                    the voice of the Rachni queen
                    ), but I think I liked her better in Dragon Age (then again, her part there was much longer ). Actually curious about Uncharted 2 because she voiced one of the main characters there.

Adm. Xen was quite interesting, tho' (and I hope there's an option, in the sequel, to further her agenda/s). Hehe, there was even a thread in BW's forums asking for the Asari Bartender to become a shipmate (while also asking that a bar be installed into the Normandy... )
                    sigpic

Comment

I have zero problems with the zombies at Redcliffe. I mean, besides getting my ass handed to me a few times before I managed to pull it off.

Comment

I don't know if any of you have seen this yet, but it's awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmIJD...video_response

Comment

Originally posted by Oranos View Post
                          I don't know if any of you have seen this yet, but it's awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmIJD...video_response
                          hehehe, nice
                          sigpic

Comment

Hahahaha. Awesome! "so much pain"
                            sigpic
                            385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Hahahaha. Awesome! "so much pain"
                              It would have been even more awesome had I not been drinking soda at the time.

Comment

All over the place now?
                                sigpic
                                385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Working...
                                X