Mass Effect universe discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    I imagine it's difficult to feel nostalgia for something that's only been out six months
    True and with ME 3 coming out ME 2 is now 'the old game' so you get that nostalgia too. And I have played ME 3 virtually uninterprupted since March and just started my last ME 2 play through...last month.

Comment

Started playing ME3 again as Ive downloaded the From Ashes and Lethiathon today.
      I agree, Lethiathons ending is abit weird, but it was an overall fun DLC, as was From Ashes, enjoying playing with Javik...
      Theres a slightly annoying glitch in Lethiathon for PC involving a ladder, but once you can get past it its fine...
      Last edited by Teddybrown; 10 September 2012, 05:12 AM.

Comment

I got that ladder glitch you're talking about. You just need to reload your last save.

I liked the DLC overall. I was pretty impressed that they'd got the whole voice cast to come back like that. I wasn't expecting it after the way the ME2 dlc worked. The 2 new weapons were nice too. The shotgun is a bit too limited in range so I'll keep my choked claymore, but the new AR is really nice.

As far as the story goes it was ok but you can really tell how hamstrung they are by that stupid ending now. The overwhelming sense that I got from the whole story in this was of someone trying to convince me "no, you see, it isn't really that stupid". Nicely done as it was you can't realistically expect to patch the gushing 12 gauge sized hole in your series' head with a band aid like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
          I got that ladder glitch you're talking about. You just need to reload your last save.

I liked the DLC overall. I was pretty impressed that they'd got the whole voice cast to come back like that. I wasn't expecting it after the way the ME2 dlc worked. The 2 new weapons were nice too. The shotgun is a bit too limited in range so I'll keep my choked claymore, but the new AR is really nice.

As far as the story goes it was ok but you can really tell how hamstrung they are by that stupid ending now. The overwhelming sense that I got from the whole story in this was of someone trying to convince me "no, you see, it isn't really that stupid". Nicely done as it was you can't realistically expect to patch the gushing 12 gauge sized hole in your series' head with a band aid like that.
          I got past it by forcing my character to look up and I just suddenly landed at the bottom of the ladder lol.
          I enjoyed the story, just the ending was just abit ok... that was strange...

Comment

http://www.masseffect.com/about/trilogy/
            ME Trilogy being released

As well as a whole load of bug fixes
            http://www.examiner.com/article/mass...ugs-and-issues

Comment

Finally bothered to download all the DLCs for ME2.
              Must say they are all very good, really enjoyable to play and add some nice stuff to the main storyline!

EDIT: My only criticism is the video after you chase the assassin in a taxi, wasnt very realistic with just music...
              Last edited by Teddybrown; 06 October 2012, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Ooo, new DLC for multiplayer bringing the Collectors into ME3...
                Played some Collector missions, theyre pretty good!

And a post detailing the new N7 HQ
                http://blog.bioware.com/2012/10/11/a...the-new-n7-hq/

And... New DLC alert!
                http://blog.bioware.com/2012/10/12/t...-omega-begins/
                Looks like we are going to be seeing Omega

Comment

I really hope the size of that Omega DLC means that they've gone ahead and added Aria as a squadmate for the entire game just like Javik. It's probably too much to hope for but I'm playing through it again and it's starting to show to me how uninteresting the ME3 cast is compared to the great cast we got in ME2.

The returning characters are alright for the most part but quite familiar by this point, and Javik is about the only one of the new ones they added that's actually interesting. James has his moments but is pretty ordinary overall, and fembot Edi feels like a really unnecessary move taking up a very valuable slot in the new narrowed character pool. I won't even get started again on Tali returning as a permanent character.

Aria could help spice the Normandy up a bit. Especially if it's not exactly clear what her real motives for sticking around are. She's always one of the characters I've wanted to know more about and I'd like to at least be able to put her and Wrex in the same room to settle a certain persistent question. Would be nice to have another renegade character on board to, since ME3's crew is pretty much straight paragon, again aside from Javik.

I'm buying it either way in any case. Here's to hoping Aria's actual in game power set does more toward supporting her reputation than Jack's did. I'm thinking annihilation field but it would probably be a nightmare to actually use on an npc.

Comment

Mass Effect 4 is going ahead without Commander Sheppard!
                    http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/10/19/ma...ame=0&ns_fee=0

Comment

Well his story is essentially done. Didn't think they'd make another one though...even if it is a massive universe to draw from.
                      IMO always implied.

Comment

Wonder if they'll let Casey Hudson anywhere near the script.
                        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I'm hoping they go in a sort of dragon age direction for the next one. Choose your species, then your class etc, and that alters how the game plays out a bit.

Personally I'd canonize the "destroy" ending, as it screws up the universe the least, and have ME4 being about you starting off on your chosen species now isolated home world maybe 20 to 50 years after the events of ME3. The plot would start with you being a crew member on the first ship your people have developed that uses new faster mass effect drives based on salvaged reaper technology. You then strike out and rediscover the galaxy and what effects the crucible and reaper war actually had, attempting to reunite the various now isolated alien species and rebuild galactic civilization.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
                            I'm hoping they go in a sort of dragon age direction for the next one. Choose your species, then your class etc, and that alters how the game plays out a bit.

Personally I'd canonize the "destroy" ending, as it screws up the universe the least, and have ME4 being about you starting off on your chosen species now isolated home world maybe 20 to 50 years after the events of ME3. The plot would start with you being a crew member on the first ship your people have developed that uses new faster mass effect drives based on salvaged reaper technology. You then strike out and rediscover the galaxy and what effects the crucible and reaper war actually had, attempting to reunite the various now isolated alien species and rebuild galactic civilization.
                            Id be happy with that...

Comment

Well, just read that Warner Bros have purchased the rights to make a Mass Effect movie, thoughts?

Comment

Meh. When was the last video game film adaptation that you could say anything kinder about than 'well, it wasn't awful...'?
                                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
                                X