This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EvilSpaceAlien View Post
    Well, it's just those pesky opinions and all that. They can be bloody annyoing at times, but the world would be very boring if we didn't disagree from time to time.
    Oh, absolutely true! Although they can also be the cause of much traumatic angst, so I don't express mine that often.

*lurks*
    McKAY: Hey, I can eat frozen dinners without thawing them. (~Trinity)

Comment

I was supposed to post this in my previous post, but somehow I forgot.

Originally posted by x Varda x View Post
      BSG was great at the start, but went off when its focus shifted towards relationships. Love Firefly and Enterprise. Just started watching TSCC and that's great! Haven't seen most of the others. But SGA was the show that made me start writing fanfic, hang around on LJ.... and in here...
      Yeah, I agree that BSG lost some of it's greatness when they started with the big quadrangle of doom!! in season 3.

There are several shows on the list that I think you should give a try.
      I don't if you've seen any of these, but I thi9nk you shuld give 'em a shot if you haven't.

Journeyman
      A short-lived, but great time-travel show starring Kevin McKidd.
      Basic plot:
      Spoiler:
      The series centers on Dan Vasser, a newspaper reporter living with his wife Katie and young son Zack in San Francisco. For an unknown reason, one day he begins jumping backward in time. He soon learns that each series of jumps follows the life of a person whose destiny he seems meant to change. Dan's jumping affects his family life and his job, and instills suspicion in his brother Jack, a police detective. While in the past, Dan reconnects with his ex-fiancée, Livia, whom he had believed was killed in a plane crash but is actually a traveler like him.

It's a bit slow in the beginning, but it gets better as it progresses. Unfortunately it was cancelled by NBC after 13 episodes. Damn you, NBC!! Damn you all to hell!!!

Alias
      Spoiler:
      Alias is an American action television series created by J. J. Abrams which was broadcast on ABC for five seasons. It starred Jennifer Garner as Sydney Bristow.
      In the pilot Sydney works for SD-6, an organization she believes to be a black-ops division of the CIA. However due a chain of events she finds out that SD-6 is actually a part of a terrorist organization bent on world domination.
      The main theme of the series explores Sydney's obligation to conceal her true career from her friends and family, even as she assumes multiple aliases to carry out her missions. These themes are most prevalent in the first two seasons of the show. A major plotline of the series was the search for and recovery of artifacts created by Milo Rambaldi, a character who was a Leonardo da Vinci-like inventor and Nostradamus-like prophet from the Renaissance period. This plot and some technologies used in the series pushed Alias into the genre of science fiction.

The 4400
      Spoiler:
      In the pilot episode, what was originally thought to be a comet deposits a group of exactly 4400 people at Highland Beach, in the Cascade Range foothills near Mount Rainier, Washington. Each of the 4400 had disappeared at various times starting from 1946[4] in a beam of white light. None of the 4400 have aged from the time of their disappearance. Confused and disoriented, they remember nothing between the time of their disappearance and their return.
      Many of the returned people have trouble trying to get their lives back on track after being separated from their world for years. More significantly, a small number of the returnees begin to manifest paranormal abilities, such as telekinesis, telepathy and precognition, as well as other "gifts".
      sigpic

Comment

Journeyman was cancelled before we ever found out what the heck was going on. I hate cliffhangers, and this is a perpetual one.
        no means no, and so does pepper spray
        Sig by The Carpenter
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
          Journeyman was cancelled before we ever found out what the heck was going on. I hate cliffhangers, and this is a perpetual one.
          Yeah. Networks just don't know a good when they see it. Even though everything wasn't explained, I still think it's worth watching.
          sigpic

Comment

Yeah. Networks just don't know a good when they see it. Even though everything wasn't explained, I still think it's worth watching.
            Yeah the low ratings have nothing to do with ABC cancelling it
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              Yeah the low ratings have nothing to do with ABC cancelling it
              N-B-C That's NBC. Is it that hard to remember three letters?

Yeah, you have a point.

I still hink that at least skiffy could have picked it up, but noooo.
              sigpic

Comment

N-B-C That's NBC. Is it that hard to remember three letters?

Yeah, you have a point.

I still hink that at least skiffy could have picked it up, but noooo.
                Sorry I was just talking about V on another thread. Freudian slip and all

The problem for Syfy picking it up (and why most cable channels don't pick up network shows) is because of the budgets. Network tv has huge budgets. Where would you cut? Cast? Crew? VHX? Props? the guy who prepares the snack table?
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  Sorry I was just talking about V on another thread. Freudian slip and all

The problem for Syfy picking it up (and why most cable channels don't pick up network shows) is because of the budgets. Network tv has huge budgets. Where would you cut? Cast? Crew? VHX? Props? the guy who prepares the snack table?
                  It's okay.

Yeah, you're make a fair point once again.
                  It just saddens me that good sci fi shows are cancelled because of low ratings. I can't help but think about what would have happened if Journeyman and other great sci fi shows that ended too early were on SyFy from the start. Would they have lasted longer? Who knows.

This is why I try not to get too invested in sci fi shows on networks, because they almost never make it past one season, and I'll just end up dissapointed and angry at the network in the end.
                  sigpic

Comment

There needs to be a network that just shows SciFi.....

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                      If only such a thing existed!
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Hell yeah. Sadly that's probably never going to happen.
                        sigpic

Comment

Hell yeah. Sadly that's probably never going to happen.
                          Maybe, unless sci-fi reaches such a phenomenal level it appeals to mainstream audiences everywhere. (People sure did go and pay to see Spidey 3 and Transformers Revenge of the Fallen)

Comment

Maybe, unless sci-fi reaches such a phenomenal level it appeals to mainstream audiences everywhere. (People sure did go and pay to see Spidey 3 and Transformers Revenge of the Fallen)
                            Sadly it will be some time before a TV series could be made with the same special effects as those two films.

I tend consider both more action than Scifi.

People however did turn up to watch District 9 an Moon.

Comment

Probably Lost, I think it's influenced more scifi and TV in general than any other of those shows.

Comment

That would sure work for me. It could air new shows and movies, as well as those from years past.
                                sigpic
                                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                                "...phu...ah..."
                                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                                X