Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Universe is to new, I'd wait a few more years to see how it turns out before I vote for it.

Comment

well i definitely like Star Trek it has always been my favorite !!, but i love Stargate !!
      sigpic
      May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

I like so much on the poll that it was hard to choose. I ended up voting for Torchwood because of Captain Jack Harkness.
        Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

I voted SGA... for me there's no argument really

How can SGU have 3 votes?!
          McKAY: Hey, I can eat frozen dinners without thawing them. (~Trinity)

Comment

Originally posted by x Varda x View Post
            I voted SGA... for me there's no argument really

How can SGU have 3 votes?!
            This is gonna sound far-fetched, but bear with me.
            I think it's because those three people actually like the show and voted for it.
            sigpic

Comment

i am also pretty much into star trek deep space nine , perhaps you should have specified ?
              sigpic
              May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by EvilSpaceAlien View Post

Anyway, my favorite has got to be BSG.
                That's not what the ratings or fans said
                BSG started ok but became a massive disappointment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                The lack of Warehouse 13 saddens me.
                and the lack of Charlie Jade saddens me
                Let it be known for all times there were once two planets in this system. The planet Lister made great television shows. The planet Liber made crap
                They had to fake the ratings
                They had to fake the ratings.
                Let it be known for all times there were once...

Comment

I actually got this idea from a swedish blog. Here's what sci fi shows the so-called experts from that blog, thought were among the best of decade.

1. Lost, 35 points
                  2. Battlestar Galactica, 33 points
                  3. True blood, 31 points
                  4. Firefly, 29 points
                  5. Stargate: Atlantis, 28 points
                  6. Heroes, 22 points
                  7. Dark angel, 21 points
                  8. Dead set, 20 points
                  9. Medium, 12 poäng
                  10. Life on Mars, 12 points
                  11. Pushing daisies, 7 points
                  12. FlashForward, 7 points
                  13. Ghost whisperer, 6 points
                  14. Fringe, 1 point

True Blood? Seriously!?

So, what do you all think about the shows they picked?
                  sigpic

Comment

True Blood is much better than 'Battlestar', its a Golden Globe winner but True is not a scifi and 'Lost' just bores me to tears its a terrible soap opera
                    Let it be known for all times there were once two planets in this system. The planet Lister made great television shows. The planet Liber made crap
                    They had to fake the ratings
                    They had to fake the ratings.
                    Let it be known for all times there were once...

Comment

Originally posted by Kick-Kinsey View Post
                      That's not what the ratings or fans said
                      BSG started ok but became a massive disappointment

http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/5...2629ur2rs3.jpg
                      Well, that's your opinion.
                      BSG started out excellent, but then it lost some of it's quality in season 3, bounced back in season 4, but it still wasn't as fantastic as season 1. I still think that BSG is a great show, and one of the best shows I've ever had the pleasure of watching.

All IMO.

Originally posted by Kick-Kinsey View Post
                      True Blood is much better than 'Battlestar', its a Golden Globe winner but True is not a scifi and 'Lost' just bores me to tears its a terrible soap opera
                      I never really liked True Blood.

I don't really care about how many awards True Blood got. It's not going to make me like the show. BSG got three Emmys and a Peabody, but that doesn't factor in when it comes to my enjoyment of the show.
                      sigpic

Comment

I had to select Lost, it reinvigorated the entire genre on broadcast tv, with out that show we never would of got Flashforward, V, Dollhouse, an probably a host of others.
                        Shame we still get remakes like V when so many brilliant originals get cancel like defying gravity.

Of cause Smallville is pretty good, but not brilliant.

There is a few missing from the list through, Like John Doe, Invasion, Surface, Survivor, Paradox Millenium?
                        Flash Gordon, Bionic Women. 7 days, Odyssey5, Medium, crusade, The Dead Zone, just some you seem to missed.
                        I personally do not believe Firefly should be called the best show of the decade, it was cancelled to soon to be called a great.
                        Last edited by knowles2; 09 December 2009, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                          I had to select Lost, it reinvigorated the entire genre on broadcast tv, with out that show we never would of got Flashforward, V, Dollhouse, an probably a host of others.
                          Shame we still get remakes like V when so many brilliant originals get cancel like defying gravity.

There is a few missing from the list through, Like John Doe, Invasion, Surface, Survivor, Paradox Millenium?
                          Flash Gordon, Bionic Women. 7 days, Odyssey5, Medium, crusade, The Dead Zone, just some you seem to missed.
                          I personally do not believe Firefly should be called the best show of the decade, it was cancelled to soon to be called a great.
                          In terms of quality I would rank Odyssey5 as one of the better shows we have had this decade, sadly canceled early. Also, how could we forget that Earth Final Conflict ran until 2002. Also, Firefly....well that show is propped more by fanatic Whedon fanboyism more than anything. If that show was not done by him, but rather some unknown then I can guarantee you this show would not even register on anyone's list.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilSpaceAlien View Post
                            This is gonna sound far-fetched, but bear with me.
                            I think it's because those three people actually like the show and voted for it.

I think I meant I don't understand why have people voted for SGU, especially when compared to the other shows on the list it is... <cut>

BSG was great at the start, but went off when its focus shifted towards relationships. Love Firefly and Enterprise. Just started watching TSCC and that's great! Haven't seen most of the others. But SGA was the show that made me start writing fanfic, hang around on LJ.... and in here...
                            McKAY: Hey, I can eat frozen dinners without thawing them. (~Trinity)

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post

Originally posted by SBN View Post
                              In terms of quality I would rank Odyssey5 as one of the better shows we have had this decade, sadly canceled early. Also, how could we forget that Earth Final Conflict ran until 2002. Also, Firefly....well that show is propped more by fanatic Whedon fanboyism more than anything. If that show was not done by him, but rather some unknown then I can guarantee you this show would not even register on anyone's list.
                              I forgot about Odyssey 5. Sorry.
                              I haven't actually watched the show, but I've heard good things about it. I'm planning on watching it sometime.

However both Earth: Final Conflict, Crusade, and Seven Days premiered in the late 90s. Only shows which aired their first episode after midnight, January 1, 2000, are eligible to be a part of this poll.
                              Last edited by EvilSpaceAlien; 09 December 2009, 09:59 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by x Varda x View Post

I think I meant I don't understand why have people voted for SGU, especially when compared to the other shows on the list it is... <cut>
                                Well, it's just those pesky opinions and all that. They can be bloody annyoing at times, but the world would be very boring if we didn't disagree from time to time.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X