Haven (Syfy) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
    I just don't get it, what switch did William flip that brought Mara back?
    After she gave a trouble the 2cd time to Duke, that was enough to trigger all her memories. But I don't think it was complete till they opened the door in the lighthouse cellar.

I'm anxious to find out whether Duke survives along with everyone else.

I probably wasn't paying attention, but it wasn't until this series that I realized that Vince and Dave were brothers. I always thought they were a gay couple. I guess they mentioned it, but I never caught it.

Comment

I liked the season finale because it introduced so many new elements into the show. Of course this is based on the assumption that the show will be renewed which I think is plausible since the ratings have remained fairly stable.

I think that the final switch that brought Mara back was William falling into the doorway, that was something big enough to make the Mara personality break through and take control. It just happened a second to late for her to save William.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
        I just don't get it, what switch did William flip that brought Mara back?
        Just before Nathan pushed William through the door, William grabbed Audrey/Mara's hands, and there was a spark like electricity between them. That probably was what brought Mara back completely.

Comment

I've been following the non-renewal chatter and a thought came to me. What do you think the chances are that SyFy brings back Haven for a 6 episode swan song like it's doing with Warehouse 13? They've pretty much silenced the Whse 13 fandom by throwing them this bone. Either that or it really is on a big, big bubble...

Comment

The network may be waiting on international numbers. We didn't have word until 4-5 weeks after the season 3 finale aired last year, and remember that it was held until mid-January in the US. No reason to give up hope yet.

Also, the show may be negotiating whether it has any chance at 6+ seasons. Syfy has a bad history with shows that try to run longer, and the writers may need to know if they are producing a series or season finale.
            "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Originally posted by MasySyma View Post
              Also, the show may be negotiating whether it has any chance at 6+ seasons. Syfy has a bad history with shows that try to run longer, and the writers may need to know if they are producing a series or season finale.
              I agree. SyFy has proved to be pretty predictable. Last year they focused all their attention on Defiance. It seemed as if everything else, while not ignored, was not at the forefront of their focus. This year Helix is getting the extra effort. Maybe it's just me, but I seem to notice a slight change in attitude in regards to returning shows vs. their 1st or 2cd year properties.

As a cable network, tho, they do finally acknowledge the power of a fan base. Once they decided to really interact with their audience via social media, they found that it's not something that can be a on again off again relationship. I think it's great, but I wonder if their execs wish that they had never opened that can of worms.

In my own experience, I've decided to expect nothing from SyFy then be pleasantly surprised if they actually come through in marginal renewals. I really like Haven as they've managed to keep the show fresh and interesting each series. SyFy places a lot of stock in their Friday night programing, seems like it would still be a financially sound move to keep it around for another year. Guess I'll have to wait and see...

Comment

YAY, Haven's been renewed for 26 episodes

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...y-syfy/232767/
                sigpic

Comment

I guess that means season "5.5" will be the end then. These days Syfylis only does weird renewals when they're planning on cancelling the show.

Oh well -- it's still (effectively) a 2 season renewal so HOORAH and WOOP WOOP
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

This is fantastic news! This show has only gotten better with each season and I´m really looking forward to seeing what the writers can do with 2 seasons guaranteed

Comment

At least this is fair & good timing 2 give the writers enough time 2 prepare a good series finale just in case

Comment

Anyone watching Haven? I am really enjoying the new season.
                        sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Me, me, me! Really loving the latest season.

I binge watched the first four seasons in the summer. The joys of HD On Demand cable.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

Love this show, it's consistently great

The new season has been great, Mara has been really entertaining and the actress deserves a lot of kudos for how she's managed to make Mara really different from Audrey without going over board.

Comment

Just started this show. Finished season one on netflix earlier. Not too bad but kinda slow starting off. So far season 2 looks like it's picking up pace pretty good.

Comment

And I really was surprised that they actually
                                Spoiler:
                                duplicated Audrey. I was convinced they will just shut Mara up.

So I'm very pleased so far.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X