Haven (Syfy) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    As to where it's placed....I guess it's anybody's guess. In any future re-watches, I think I'll place it between 2.03 and 2.04. That way Audrey II is gone, Brody isn't introduced yet, Evi has been introduced but not accepted back into Duke's life, and 2.03 happens to have aired on July 29 (and Silent Night is repeatedly stated to take place in July).
    Ooh. Good points.
    And, yeah, great episode.
    sigpic

Comment

Wow, season 2 was brilliant.Awesome season finale. Man I can't wait till season 3 starts. When will season 3 start?
      sigpic

Comment

They haven't announced it yet, but if it follows the pattern of the first two seasons it'll be in the first half of July.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
          They haven't announced it yet, but if it follows the pattern of the first two seasons it'll be in the first half of July.
          Ah okay, cool. I hope that's the case

Season 1 was a bit hit and miss, but season 2 hit the ghround running and never stopped
          sigpic

Comment

Okay so I watched the first season. My thoughts:

I enjoyed it...It felt kind of like a mix between X-Files and The 4400 (sort of).

Unfortunately I accidentally got distracted during the last two episodes and missed out on the sort of revelation at the end of the second to last episode and so I was completely surprised when she told the guy that she
            Spoiler:
            thought she was Lucy
            . I went back and found out how she came to believe this, though.

In any case, the bit at the very end completely surprised me. Damn cliffhangers
            sigpic

Comment

Been watching Season 2. I'm enjoying it but with all the other stuff I'm doing I'm finding it tough to pay a lot of attention to it. Hopefully I will watch it again soon (gonna try to get my girlfriend into it).
              sigpic

Comment

They totally just made a reference to the town of Cleaves Mills in episode 2.11. Totally made my night.
                sigpic

Comment

Just finished the Christmas episode.

Definitely one of my more favorite shows right now. Now I can't wait for season 3 to come out
                  sigpic

Comment

Awesome

Yeah, Season 2 was some pretty terrific stuff. Gigantic step up over Season 1. I really enjoyed the Xmas special as well, and the way it's laid out would work pretty well whether you watch it at Xmas or not!
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Indeed. I hope to get my girlfriend into this show
                      sigpic

Comment

Lol...Well to update the last post, I'm fairly certain my girlfriend is hooked onto the show already after only four episodes. She acts like she only likes it cause of Eric Balfour but I'm fairly certain that she enjoys the show in general.

Anyway, any news on this show? Like, premier date for season 3 and when the DVD for season 2 will come out?

By the way, I looked up some information on the show and the town that Haven is filmed in (Lunenburg)...I read that the citizens of the town contributed to the War of 1812 by building ships for privateering. One of the ships, named Lunenburg, went on to capture an American ship named Lucy.

Sure there are probably a lot of ships named Lucy. But still...Kind of amusing.
                        sigpic

Comment

No news on Season 2's release date as yet. The Season 1 set was released in June last year, maybe June this year would be a good bet?

Syfylis hasn't announced a premiere date for Season 3 yet either, but that isn't unusual. The last two seasons started in July (2010/11), and with their 3-month schedule, that would suggest an announcement sometime in or after April to use the April-June period for promotion.

Comment

Hm alrighty. Sounds good.
                            sigpic

Comment

Just out of curiosity, is the plot of The Colorado Kid similar enough to Haven that I could be spoiled if I read the book? I know Haven is based on it but they could have taken significant liberties with it.
                              sigpic

Comment

Well my girlfriend is definitely hooked on the show. We watched "Sins of the Fathers" last night and she is pissed (partly at me, because I got her into it) cause there isn't anymore episodes besides the Christmas special for her to watch until and it ended on a cliffhanger...

Mission accomplished

She still won't admit being hooked though...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X