Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, most interesting episode so far IMO. Just one thing

Spoiler:
    I can't freaking believe they killed off Eleanor. Come ON.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      Just one thing[/spoiler]
      yeah the way that happened was very surprising, since it was so casual and the plot didn't even need it to be good

Spoiler:
      and if they went for shock value then they only succeeded so much, compared to the other characters she had the highest "redshirt" rating, apart from her daughter of course which was a total redshirt

I do like a series that has the balls to do this though...

Spoiler:
      and let's not forget that this is Haven... we may not have seen the end of her after all, the writers could go all gandalfy on us
      I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
        *nods* yeah, although it does get more fun if you follow ERICBALFOUR on Twitter
        I heard he's quite a head case!

Originally posted by Wayston View Post
        nice whodunnit episode, a little bit of progression in the back story too...
        Have to say, my money was on

Spoiler:
        Nathan for quite a while, but then by the time they'd decided it was him, I was kinda thinking more of the Chief!

Guess with the length of time it took for Audrey to get ready should've been the biggest clue... I bet a lot of people missed that. I'll be honest and say I did, but then had a headdesk moment when I realised it must've been when she was in her room!

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        Yeah, most interesting episode so far IMO. Just one thing

Spoiler:
        I can't freaking believe they killed off Eleanor. Come ON.
        ^^ Exactly!!

Also, I'm a bit miffed that all of a sudden,

Spoiler:
        Everyone seems to have had something to do with Audrey's mother!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by queen_hathor View Post
          Spoiler:
          Nathan for quite a while, but then by the time they'd decided it was him, I was kinda thinking more of the Chief!

Guess with the length of time it took for Audrey to get ready should've been the biggest clue... I bet a lot of people missed that. I'll be honest and say I did, but then had a headdesk moment when I realised it must've been when she was in her room!
          Spoiler:
          I really didn't have a clue, I was completely mislead by the implication that the chameleon killed the people it took over. It was kind of a cheat from the writers (but in a good way) to then reverse this by making Audrey special somehow. I was suspicious of Nathan because he entered with some sort of mask on right after the chamelon trouble starts. Then I figured it would be Eleanor's daughter because she's the most predictable one (and there were very many red herrings pointing into her direction like all the hugging between them, her taking a knife, here not caring about the search, etc.). In hindsight Audrey's slow change of clothes was a very big hint. I completely missed that because she looked so stunning and we are all conditioned to expect women to take a long time getting ready .
          I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Comment

Spoiler:
            I liked the episode, too! I had no idea it'd be Audrey... The killing thing cheated me big time. And poor Ellie...

By the way, the final two episode names were revealed by the Syfy Schedule:

E12 Resurfacing
            E13 Spiral

The E12 name seems to strenghten my theory a bit... Here's a quote for a memory refresh:

I still have hope that the final episodes somehow stitch the whole season together - maybe even have all the "troubled" people reappear for some reason...
            Though it's clear that only the "good troubled" people would come back. At least one has, after all, been killed.
            Last edited by Osiristi; 12 September 2010, 05:21 AM. Reason: Spoiler tags...

Comment

Originally posted by Wayston View Post
              Spoiler:
              I really didn't have a clue, I was completely mislead by the implication that the chameleon killed the people it took over. It was kind of a cheat from the writers (but in a good way) to then reverse this by making Audrey special somehow. I was suspicious of Nathan because he entered with some sort of mask on right after the chamelon trouble starts. Then I figured it would be Eleanor's daughter because she's the most predictable one (and there were very many red herrings pointing into her direction like all the hugging between them, her taking a knife, here not caring about the search, etc.). In hindsight Audrey's slow change of clothes was a very big hint. I completely missed that because she looked so stunning and we are all conditioned to expect women to take a long time getting ready .
              Ha! Glad it wasn't just me!

Spoiler:
              I was convinced it was Nathan in the mask, but my partner was convinced it wasn't!

Yeah, the daughter was way too obvious, so I discounted her pretty much straight away, purely because of that.

In my experience, when a film or programme has that kind of plot, it's the ones focus on a lot that are there to throw you off. One day I'll ignore someone and they'll be the baddie!

Osiristi - you need to put your 1st comment in your post under spoiler tags - there will still be people who haven't seen the ep and that will totally spoil them!

sigpic

Comment

I enjoyed the ep as well and was surprised
                Spoiler:
                it was Audrey
                . I thought the obvious as well but from what has happened in past episodes was wondering if it would not turn out to be the obvious one and instead be someone who was a regular but was wondering who they would kill off.

I too was dissapointed in
                Spoiler:
                the death of Elanor. She was a great character. I too hope they will go "Gandalfy" with her. <SIGH>

Liked the revelations we got even though still small. I find it intriguing that so many are having had a connection with her mom but then again I think they are revealing more as they come to trust her more.
                Shelly
                My Photos
                sigpic

Comment

Finally watched the ep last night and what terrific fun that was! Just in time for Halloween too. Great, spooky old house, really fun morphing fx - reminded me of 99 Problems...okay, not much of anything doesn't remind me of something Shanks related. But it was a fun episode and the **kiss** was really interesting!
                  So now I'm wondering who'll be introduced next in an important civic role and my gosh, what is so special about Lucy? Is she home? ahem. Sounded like she at least might be alive.
                  I AM eager for the next ep!

Comment

For me, last night's was the 'iffy' episode. Some good acting by the regulars, not so good from the guests, story lacking on a few levels, but the art department is doing an amazing job! Loved the color and depth in the coffee shop. I want to live there! Not in the coffee shop, but maybe in that house the counselor has vacated!
                    There's always gotta be at least one per season, though and this was it. I'm still hooked!
                    d

Comment

what did you not like about the guest's acting??

I thought it was a great episode, nicely fulfilling the higher expectations I have from these series after last week's episodes. I got the impression that the main cast have really grown into their characters, even Nathan's monotone and jerky acting has become more sympathetic and interesting.
                      Spoiler:
                      Eg I was pleasantly surprised at the facial expression he gives Duke after their dialogue where they're sitting on the sofa in the babysitter's house rummaging through her papers. And him doing his best to create situations where he can touch Audrey (eg somwhat forced handshake after the pool scene) was also neat.

not sure I'm going to be a big fan of the big bad that is being introduced, but still interested to see how it all comes together

Comment

[QUOTE=Wayston;11912444]what did you not like about the guest's acting??

I thought it was a great episode, nicely fulfilling the higher expectations I have from these series after last week's episodes. I got the impression that the main cast have really grown into their characters, even Nathan's monotone and jerky acting has become more sympathetic and interesting.
                        Spoiler:
                        Eg I was pleasantly surprised at the facial expression he gives Duke after their dialogue where they're sitting on the sofa in the babysitter's house rummaging through her papers. And him doing his best to create situations where he can touch Audrey (eg somwhat forced handshake after the pool scene) was also neat.

Sounds like a good show that appeals to varying interests! We're both seeing the strengths of the main cast, which is probably the most important. I'm not going to pick apart any acting efforts, as I can't begin to know what constraints anyone might have been under let alone what happened in the editing. Suffice to say, I was not pulled in by the work of the two main guests though that did not at all diminish my enjoyment of the series. I'm sure the young counselor will end up on Desperate Housewives and the young man a vampire and prove their generic appeal. ;-}

Comment

Don't have much time now, but the latest ep The Trial of Audrey Parker... just have 1 thing to say atm..

*shakes head* Duke, I really had you down as the kinda guy who

Spoiler:
                          would wear boxers, not those *things*!!!

Hehe, no I'll say 2 things!

Enjoyed the ep, good plot turns... I've been waiting to find out more about

Spoiler:
                          The Chief

for a long time. It's been clear from the start there's more background knowledge there than anyone's been letting on. Looking forward to finding out where they go with it!

sigpic

Comment

Duke's Dance made my day. Verra funny!

:-D

Comment

Does anyone know if this is going to continue past this season?

Comment

Nothing yet. I hope so, but no official word.

Also, guys don't forget my fan forum. Please?

I'd like it to grow a little bit.
                                sigpic
                                Stargate Chicago Con 2010 Attendee

Comment

Working...
                                X