Haven (Syfy) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wayston View Post
    true, if he doesn't feel anything then it it makes sense he can't properly salute the flag in spite of appropriate stimulation...
    That's the best metaphor I've read in ages
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

ahem

let's dig this convo out of the gutter please
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I have the entire season DVR'd thus far. Going to dig in today! Emily Rose is awesome!
        sigpic
        Stargate Chicago Con 2010 Attendee

Comment

I'm working on a fan community for Haven. Here is the link.

Would anyone like to help?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma626 View Post
            I'm working on a fan community for Haven. Here is the link.

Would anyone like to help?
            I know that you've got "official" in there...is it official?
            sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Actually no. I have to take that out of there.
              sigpic

Comment

or add an 'un' to it

sigpic

Comment

I'm a latecomer to the thread, but have seen all the eps so far

I'm enjoying the series, and though it's not the most exciting storylines, there's something likeable about it. I can't quite put my finger on why I like it, I suppose it's different to anything else out there atm. I've heard people elsewhere saying it's like a cross between The X Files, Warehouse 13 and Supernatural... I can go along with the 1st 2, but not Supernatural!

I'm finding the overall story quite slow, for example we're not really any further on with finding out any more about Audrey, and not much about Nathan either. I'm also wondering when we're going to find out exactly what Duke & Nathan's background is!

My favourite characters are definitely the brothers from the paper; and Duke. Nathan has something interesting about him... I hope they don't leave everything to the last couple of episodes though Looking forward to more anyway!

sigpic

Comment

I don't get the point of this show, i mean there are many "Random" events been going on. Nothing solid so far, besides finding her mother story. Which I find pretty weak as well.

Don't get me wrong episodes are good; but need stronger stories.
                    Favorite Characters:
                    Babylon 5: Londo Mollari, G'Kar
                    Farscape: Rygel, Zhaan
                    SG1: Jack O'Neill
                    SG-A: Rodney McKay

Favorite Shows In Order:
                    Stargate SG-1 | DS9 | Babylon 5 | Farscape | ST:VOY | Firefly |Stargate Universe | Stargate Atlantis | BSG

Comment

yeah the overarching story is going pretty slow, but it's not really a surprise since they need to stretch it out if they want to make it a regular series. If it's still paced as a regular stephen king story then it will start out almost normally then get weirder and weirder until it reaches a climax. I think their problem is basically that if they don't do a lot of one off's then the story will be pretty short.

It also seems to me that the show is aimed more at a casual audience that likes to be able to tune in and out more or less at will without really missing anything.
                      I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Originally posted by BayGateScape View Post
                        Don't get me wrong episodes are good; but need stronger stories.
                        From reading posts here, and on other forums, this about sums up the general opinion. It's a good series, but it's not setting the world on fire... and that's what we want!

Originally posted by Wayston View Post
                        yeah the overarching story is going pretty slow, but it's not really a surprise since they need to stretch it out if they want to make it a regular series. If it's still paced as a regular stephen king story then it will start out almost normally then get weirder and weirder until it reaches a climax. I think their problem is basically that if they don't do a lot of one off's then the story will be pretty short.
                        I wonder if they've got enough interest/ratings to get a second season though... if not, we're going to be left hanging!

sigpic

Comment

I still have hope that the final episodes somehow stitch the whole season together - maybe even have all the "troubled" people reappear for some reason...

Comment

it's an amusing way to kill an hour....but nothing that has that 'omg, MUST be home' thing

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              it's an amusing way to kill an hour....but nothing that has that 'omg, MUST be home' thing
                              *nods* yeah, although it does get more fun if you follow ERICBALFOUR on Twitter
                              sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

nice whodunnit episode, a little bit of progression in the back story too...
                                I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Working...
                                X