Anime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It'd've needed it's own aeroplane seat!

Damn my English... multiple contractions... not in a "giving birth" sorta way.

Comment

So, is anybody here into anime? If so, what are some of your favorite sci-fi anime series/films? Some of mine are...

Cowboy Bebop (a lot cooler than it might sound)
      X
      Mobile Suit Gundam Seed
      The Big O (another misleading title there...)
      Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust
      Kikaider
      Kikaider 01

Anybody else?

Comment

I like Anime.....some really great stuff out there....

Cowboy Bebop as well...have only seen the first 1 though
        Vampire Hunter D
        Akira (Kinedaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!)
        Ghost in the Shell
        Robotech
        Patlabor was kinda cool as far as mecha went......
        A.D. Police
        Thanks!
        Jordan

my page
        My LJ
        From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

I like anime... mainly been exposed to stuff my boyfriend likes as he is really into anime, also one of my friends has gotten me into some great shows too.

So far i like:

Chobits
          Azumanga Daioh
          Spirited Away
          Trigun
          Love Hina
          Excel Saga
          Oh my godess
          Sailor Moon
          .Hack//Sign

They arent really sci-fi related anime but they are def good to watch!

Comment

Originally posted by Invisible_Steph
            I like anime... mainly been exposed to stuff my boyfriend likes as he is really into anime, also one of my friends has gotten me into some great shows too.

So far i like:

Chobits
            Azumanga Daioh
            Spirited Away
            Trigun
            Love Hina
            Excel Saga
            Oh my godess
            Sailor Moon
            .Hack//Sign

They arent really sci-fi related anime but they are def good to watch!
            Sailor Moon and .Hack//Sign i consider sci-fi Those are good ones, too bad they ended though, haha... I liked Dragonballz, but other than that, i don't like that much anime.
            Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I really don't know why I lost a lot of interest in Anime, but I still do watch a few series...

Star Ocean EX, Gundam, Gundam Wing.
              Enter my game site...

Comment

I started with Sailor Moon. But I also like:

Hagane no Renkinjutsushi
                Uchu no Stellvia
                Kiddy Grade
                Bleach
                Mai-Hime
                To be German is to do everything possible to the potatoe, and possibly one or two things more.

Comment

Sailor Moon ended after FIVE COMPLETE SERIES, so I'd say it was it's time.

Though I am annoyed that they didn't bother to air the final series on television. They say that it was because of the three new sailors introduced that actually disguised themselves as men in their human forms, and then became female when they transformed.

They already had done some damage to the shows that got onto the air. They made a male character a female (because this male, Zoicite, had a romance with another male, Malachite), they made two female lovers, Uranus and Neptune, into extremely loving *cousins* and... I forget the rest, but suffice it to say, they changed some stuff.

Comment

I like some anime, but very little that's actually sci-fi. I've seen some that have some sci-fi aspects to them, that's all... Maybe I should watch more.
                    Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
                      I like some anime, but very little that's actually sci-fi. I've seen some that have some sci-fi aspects to them, that's all... Maybe I should watch more.
                      Yes, you need to check alot more out.

Anime Covers a wide range of genra's from western to Sci-fi. And thier's NO shortage of Sci-fi in anime.

a SHORT list of personal favorites (all in Original language, I avoid dubbing in general [with a few exceptions where they actually are doing direct translations, but usually it's a horrid hack up - ie Sailor moon])

Naruto
                      Gundam (all of em)
                      Kenshin
                      Shamen King (non Foxtv version)
                      Trigun
                      Macross
                      Bubble Gum Crisis
                      Ghost in the shell (film and tv series)
                      Inuyasha
                      Ranma 1/2
                      Tenchi Muyo
                      and so on, and so on.......
                      "ya Think!" ~ O'neil

Comment

A bit of a BUMP for a somewhat old topic....

I'm a fan of pretty much the more popular animes:
                        Dragonball Z (Hostile, it's nothing to be ashamed of, it's an anime classic)
                        Dragonball
                        InuYasha
                        Rurouni Kenshin
                        Gundam Wing
                        Witch Hunter Robin
                        Miyazaki Movies: Kiki's Delivery Service, Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away

http://queenkale.deviantart.com
                        "Man's main task in life is to give birth to himself, to become what he potentially is.
                        The most important product of his effort is his own personaility."-Erich Framm
                        "I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing
                        Only I will remain."

Comment

I don't watch much, but I really like Cowboy Bebop. It's good for people who havent seen much before. I have also seen some of Neon Genesis Evangellion and Trigun.

Comment

Well, I don't watch a lot of anime, but I've seen enough to have a personal top-five:

1. GTO - Onizuka is simply the single coolest fictional character, ever. There's a lot to like about the anime in general, but sadly it pales in comparison to the manga series it was based on (plus it ends halfway through the story and tries to make up for it with a rushed tacked-on "ending" which is not from the original story and leaves a lot of plot threads left hanging). Aside from that, I love it. If I'd never read the manga I wouldn't really have an issue with the anime version at all, I think.

2. Figure 17 - I won't recommend this to everyone, simply because I know a lot of people will probably be bored out of their minds. Me, I love its leisurely pace and subtly progressing character development. Also, the action sequences, while never really the focus of the story, get pretty cool (and tense!) towards the end of the series. It's got great music, too.

3. Azumanga Daioh - Because it's hilarious. In an extremely weird way. But then, I'm kinda weird. Never really cared for the opening song, though.

4. Kare Kano (aka. His and Her Circumstances) - This would've made it higher up on my list, if the second half of the series had kept up the quality of the first half. It's got a great atmosphere, likeable characters and a storyline which keeps you watching. Oh... and great music. It's just so unbelievably frustrating that the second half of the series is not up to par. Not only is there an overall drop in quality, but - what the £¤%!! is up with the constant re-capping??!! A series only 26 episodes long does not need a clip show! And certainly not after only 13 freakin' episodes! And most certainly not a clip show that is comprised of 100% clips with no new material what so ever!! And especially when this goes on for not just one, but one episode and a half!!! And especially when there already is a lengthy, extremely excessive re-cap of the entire story thus far at the beginning of every stinkin' episode!!!! ...ahem... I did mention that I actually like this show somewhere in there, didn't I?

5. Grave of the Fireflies - This probably deserves to be on top of the list, but since it's a list of my personal favorites rather than a "all-time best" list, it will never get there for the simple reason that I can probably never watch the whole film through again. I've seen it twice (once before and once after I bought the DVD), and the feeling it left me with, both times, is not exactly something to be described as "pleasant". To put it mildly. But it is a great film.

Now... Why I am even typing this stuff up? Who's gonna care, ever? Answer: I'm bored.
                            Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Anime Kicks A$$
                              • Cowboy Bebop
                              • Rouroni Kenshin
                              • Wing Gundam Report ( Gundam Wing )
                              • Berserk
                              • Full Metal Panic
                              • Samurai Deeper Kyo
                              • Naruto
                              • Yu Yu Hakusho
                              • Initial D
                              • Escaflowne
                              • Trigun
                              • Neon Genesis Evangeleon
                              • Macross
                              • Witch Hunter Robin
                              • Gungrave
                              • Gunsmith Cats
                              • Ghost in the Shell
                              • Ghost in the shell: Stand Alone Complex
                              • Noir
                              • Dragonball, Z, GT, all movies
                              • Gunslinger Girls
                              • Akira
                              • Blue Sub No. 6
                              • Spirited Away
                              • Princess Mononoke
                              • .hack//
                              • Kaze no Yojimbo
                              • Mezo Forte
                              • Kite
                              • Sailor Moon
                              • Peace Maker
                              • Hellsing
                              • WeiB Kreuz
                              • Steel Angel Kurumi
                              • FLCL
                              • Tenchi Muyo

And probably more that I can't remember right now
                              Last edited by gramaton_cleric; 14 January 2005, 11:34 AM.

Comment

i watch anime

these are some of my fav

dragon ball z
                                cowboy bebop
                                inuyasha

Comment

Working...
                                X