Halo: just a game or a great story?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by asdf1239 View Post
    halo 2's story was the only one that i liked. the other two games plots are weak, and on reach...i hate prequels in general
    I really enjoyed Halo 2's story, but the campaign itself was kinda boring at times compared to the other Halo games. IMO Halo CE(Halo 1) will always be the best Halo game, always. Halo CE was perfect on so many levels.

Originally posted by Stewart5 View Post
    Tried reading the book or just judging along with all other prequels?
    Well, the Fall of Reach and Halo Reach are separate stories. So judging the book wouldn't judge the game. But I think Reach looks great, not worth the full price tag though as my LIVE expired back in June.

Comment

i liked halo 2's campaign not only because of its story but also its large level designs and aesthetic style - there was just something about the somewhat muted colors and the illusion of open space in the backdrops (i had the pc vista version so the graphics were great)
      whereas, in h3 most campaign maps looked very closed and they made everything painfully shiny to look at and added squiggly lines for weapon effects...lame imo
      Last edited by asdf1239; 08 September 2010, 04:55 PM.
      R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

Tried reading the book or just judging along with all other prequels?
        i've read all the books

another thing about the plot...in halo 2 there was a perspective from the previously one dimensional antagonists, now they seem to be trying to undo that with reach and the design of the covenant etc, its taking a step backwards
        R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

Originally posted by asdf1239 View Post
          i've read all the books

another thing about the plot...in halo 2 there was a perspective from the previously one dimensional antagonists, now they seem to be trying to undo that with reach and the design of the covenant etc, its taking a step backwards
          Uh, well it is a prequel, that is pretty backwards. But I loved playing as The Arbiter, I've always thought the Covenant are some pretty cool races of aliens, to play as and to fight. The UNSC is boring IMO except for Cortana and the other AIs.
          Last edited by Replicator Todd; 08 September 2010, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
            Uh, well it is a prequel, that is pretty backwards. But I loved playing as The Arbiter, I've always thought the Covenant are some pretty cool races of aliens, to play as and to fight. The UNSC is boring IMO except for Cortana and the other AIs.
            Playing as the arbiter was pretty cool, but the problem was one minute your the chief and the next your the Arbiter. they should have gone with somthing similar to Halo 3 ODST in the way they introduced playing as different characters.

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

I've finished playing Halo:Reach. It was amazing. Great story, great characters, etc....as always. I'm glad I've bought X360
              Stolen Kosovo
              sigpic

Comment

I just started ODST, that's how far behind I am. I'm liking it more than Halo 3, not because of story (as their isn't much so far) but the layout of the city and so forth.

sigpic

Comment

ODST has a decent story, not the best, but better than H3.

Also, Buc is pretty cool. In his background, he's been everywhere. He was at the retaking of Harvest, he escaped Reach, he's tough as old boots.
                  sigpic
                  385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

I just read some earlier posts in this thread and I thought I'd give my 2 cents in regards to human ships not having shields when the Spartans do:

Size. The Pillar of Autumn is 1170 meters long, that's over a kilometer. The shield generators required to cover a mass that big are literally orders of magnitude larger than the small ones used by the MJOLNIR suit.
                    The UNSC would have to be retooling huge parts of their naval construction industry to build them, and it was likely they were doing just that before the Covenant glassed the factories during their slow but steady push int Human space.
                    Even if they were on Earth, it would have likely taken too long to design the generators, design a new ship that could actually mount them, put it into production, then work up the crew.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                      I just read some earlier posts in this thread and I thought I'd give my 2 cents in regards to human ships not having shields when the Spartans do:

Size. The Pillar of Autumn is 1170 meters long, that's over a kilometer. The shield generators required to cover a mass that big are literally orders of magnitude larger than the small ones used by the MJOLNIR suit.
                      The UNSC would have to be retooling huge parts of their naval construction industry to build them, and it was likely they were doing just that before the Covenant glassed the factories during their slow but steady push int Human space.
                      Even if they were on Earth, it would have likely taken too long to design the generators, design a new ship that could actually mount them, put it into production, then work up the crew.
                      In furtherance to this aweosme reply, one of the books also states that they have been unable to replicate it on a ship-sized scale as they have used individual shields as the basis, if I remember correctly.
                      sigpic
                      385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

In furtherance to this aweosme reply, one of the books also states that they have been unable to replicate it on a ship-sized scale as they have used individual shields as the basis, if I remember correctly.
                        i think it was jackals shields that spartan shields are based on

Comment

Rented Halo: Reach after PSN died for a few hours earlier. It's boring though. I thought ODST was better (so far).

sigpic

Comment

I just played ODST and beat it twice last week. Firefight is cool, but I still think the Halo 3 campaign was better. ODST had a pretty interesting story, I liked the fact it took place during Halo 2. Don't plan on playing Reach for a long time, I doubt its worth 60 bucks...

Comment

Reach is awesome. Then again, I'm a biased fanboy of all the games, but Reach's I found particularly impressive - everything's tweaked to a near-perfect level, Firefight is tons better than it was in ODST (More flexible, online matchmaking), and the campaign's story is tight and tragic, lacking the vagueness in it's ending than the other Halos had. It's its own story, and it works great.
                              ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Reach was a bit boring. Interesting seeing the fall of Reach, but to be honest I think it was badly done. I thought the fall of Reach was more poignant if you watch the cities falling apart and burning in the background than anything going on in the game. The ending still sucked though, ODST has been the only Halo game with an ending I did like.

Reach did try different things, but I couldn't help but think it took ideas from CoD.

ODST was probably my favourite and I plan to try getting the Recon Armour for multiplayer (even thought I don't play Halo online). Although my 30 month free Gold subscription ended and I am in no rush to get it again.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X