Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really do not see what everone else sees in this series. It slow and almost boring.
    The rape scene was suppose scare and emotional responce but in this so little was actually shown that just did not, plus we know it just a simulation. In fact to be honest if they are able to manipulate the brain to the extent shown in the show it would not actually be hard to erase the experience from her.
    My next point is the script, bugs and weeds in a controlled enviroment, dah. Then you the whole the drive use a new revolutionary populsion system with new physics, hang on a minute it just a pulse destination drive, which the knowledge and physics of in the 60s. And by the way they way it was use in the show was actuall pretty ineffiecient design and to slow to be practical, these things suppose to be destinated one after another, one then 10 seconds chat before doing the next.

And may be it was me but the space suites look ridiculous. And everyone moaning about defying gravity be stupid as nasa was never allow such unprofessional people to become astronauts, and yet these guys were playing a practical joke with an airlock, not the smartest move.

And the a software engineering genius who cannot fixed software. And the space craft which creates gravity by a spinning bit and the spinning bit never actually move. Whole an another flaw it that they can receive engineering packets from earth which I am guest are just software in improvements for the ship and yet they cannot do the same for virtuality equipment, which they were relying on keeping the crew sane. Also they are able to beam back a entire television program.

Ron Moor really did not do a good job on this, or should I say he did not choose a good book to plagiarise to form a tv series.
    There was not much of a story there neither, if you cannot make a pilot exciting and interesting how the hell are they suppose to make a entire series interest.
    I can perfectly understand fox putting this on the scrap heap, I would of done the same thing. And I have disagree with every other decision they have made there.

And the twist at the end, I am pretty the thickos at Fox sure that coming from a mile away, because I sure as hell did.
    Last edited by knowles2; 02 August 2009, 03:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bey0nd View Post
      RDM has been involved in ripping off B5, stealing Singer's old BSG script, and finally taking someone else's novel and making it a tv series

How much did they pay Haldeman to shut up?
      Probably the standard writer wage for a tv series.

Originally posted by Thunder Hawk View Post
      can you find me something from tv, movies and books that wasn't inspired by someone's elses ideas???
      This is true but the thing they decide in the courts is how much inspiration did they use from other sources. The fact that he use the same names would not of look good, and I think that along probably convince Fox lawyers not to fight it in the courts.
      It be interesting what other stuff he took.
      In court they would break it down page by page, even line by line comparisons.

Comment

There could be a positive development for a full Virtuality series. The producers are pursuing an international co-production for the spaceship drama!

You can read more about the development here
        http://thebluewhalepub.com/viewtopic...1d538275fd81fe
        sigpic
        My short movie "Red Bag" / The Scifi Guys Podcast / My Twitter account

Comment

Will it going to be long a shot at best, it difficult enough to arrange and international production, and that with out several big players already sign up to defying gravity, and it would not make sense to most boardcasters to have two similar looking shows on there networks.

Without completely ruling out britain ,main Networks, I will say the bbc will be out of the running because of the above. Itv skint an seem not interest in scifi at all even offered to them on the cheap and last time I check Sky 1 was developing remake of Blake 7 to fill in a space adventure type show slot, through I have not heard anything for a while.

As I say personally I do not think it actually worth bring it back as a series. May be it will prove me wrong but the plot idea always had miniseries/film rather than a tv series attach to it in my mind. plus the legal issues will probably have to be solves, fox might of bought him off or promise not to produce more episodes but I bet that it almost certain that most other tv networks will also have to talk to the author of the book first.
          Last edited by knowles2; 02 August 2009, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Time and distance have convinced me that the show isn't worth saving. I know I said that if it got picked up I'd probably watch, but now I'm thinking I probably wouldn't bother. I still feel that they put in too much trite mystery and not enough important character/plot development. And thinking back on it, the ending was kinda goofy. IMO.

As for the "there's no way these guys would ever have been cleared as astronauts" argument, while true in some cases the obvious out is that it's for reality TV so "bad fits" are intentionally thrown in to make things more "interesting."

I'm gonna watch Defying Gravity tonight. Hope it manages to launch itself better than Virtuality did.

Comment

Working...
            X