• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skyline.

Not a very good movie
    sigpic

Comment

Megamind - I thought this was a really cute, fun movie. I didn't expect to like this as much as I did. I liked the whole villian learns to become a hero thing. I think I liked Megamind a little bit better than Despicable Me, another movie with a similar in concept, I'd seen earlier this year.
      sigpic

Comment

I Am Number Four

A very fun movie with great potential for sequels/cartoons/comic expansions. I hope they make more.

If you liked this one watch Roswell next.
        Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

Let The Right One In. Pretty good.
          And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
          sigpic
          Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Bladerunner
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MIZA View Post
              i am just sick of all the vampire and werewolf movies , like it is sexy , it is not
              It depends on who you ask and which movies are being discussed. When I first watched Underworld, I was kind of put off by the movie but on repeated viewing I grew to like its highly developed mythos—and not just the slick wolves. I liked it enough to give the other movies a go and ended up liking those too. Now other vampire/werewolf movies have been done badly and you already know which ones I speak of.

I'm definitely going to give Red Riding Hood a go next Monday as Monday and Tuesday are my "weekend."
              sigpic

Comment

Mimic - I've always liked this movie.

Phantoms - Another one that I've always liked. For some reason I find this movie relaxing, I have no idea why.

I've been watching a lot of movies from the 90's lately lol, a lot of my favorite movies came from the 90's. I used to have them on vhs, but I don't have a working vcr anymore so, I've recently started buying my favorites on blu ray and dvd and watching them over again.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman View Post
                  The Adjustment Bureau
                  is it good? I love Matt Damon.... I met him once in real live, he is a really nice person!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                    I'm definitely going to give Red Riding Hood a go next Monday as Monday and Tuesday are my "weekend."
                    I'm definitely leaning towards giving that one a try, if I can find someone to go with me! I also want to see I am Number 4 ... but got outvoted, so we're going to Battle: LA instead next week.

I "treated" my dad to Stonehenge Apocalypse by telling him it was almost this generation's Plan 9 (From Outer Space) - y'know, so bad you had to see it for the epicness of the baaaaaaad. He thought it was just so-so though, so Plan 9 still reigns supreme in our household as the Bad of bad, followed closely by Bubba Hotep (again with the being outvoted on that one...)
                    ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                    ames on facebook
                    ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
                      is it good? I love Matt Damon.... I met him once in real live, he is a really nice person!!
                      Well, all I can say is that Matt Damon is maybe not quite suited for this type of film. Other than that I thought it was okay. I didn't realise it was based on a Philip K. Dick story, Adjustment Team.
                      "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Screamers - really, really predictible, but I liked it. It was pretty entertaining and fun to watch.

Screamers : The Hunting - It was ok, even kinda good for about the first 30mins, then all the characters got really, really stupid(irrationally stupid imo) in order to further the plot. By the end, I thought it was so bad, that I wished I was able to wipe the memory of ever having watch this movie from my mind.

Bambi - I've never liked Bambi; I didn't even like it when I was little. My daughter likes it though, she's the reason I watched the movie. She didn't watch the other movies(screamers) btw; they aren't very kid friendly movies; especially that second one.
                        Last edited by VampyreWraith; 11 March 2011, 08:42 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

I just put on The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. One of my preferred books in the series, so hopefully I enjoy the movie!
                          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I couldn't sleep, so I decided to watch one more movie.

The Descent Pt2 - It picks up where the first movie left off. It's pretty much just like the first one; I just liked this one a little bit less, mostly because I really hated the sheriff , and because I thought the ending was a little bit more messed up.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                              I just put on The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. One of my preferred books in the series, so hopefully I enjoy the movie!
                              Okay, well. To offer up thoughts...

What is this I don't even

An entertaining enough movie in its own right, but it certainly wasn't VotDT. The adaptations of LWW and PC were reasonably faithful, so what on Earth possessed them to go hog-wild with making their own stuff up for this one?
                              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Just finished Signs. It's okay. Too much of it feels poorly thought out, but the creepy, ominous atmosphere is fairly well done (definitely not as effective now though).

EDIT: Also just finished Red Planet. Don't. Really, just...don't. I think the script was written on a lazy afternoon by bored studio execs, and the casting was a mix of contractual obligation, favours being called in and dump trucks full of cash.
                                Last edited by Sealurk; 13 March 2011, 03:17 PM.
                                And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                                sigpic
                                Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Working...
                                X