X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second half of Star Wars ANH
    sigpic

Comment

A fair amount of time dilation between the two halves, Maneth.

Hmm, not so sure if this film should be in this thread, but I watched Signs the other night.
      "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Bram Stoker's Dracula. A bit of a mess of a movie. On the one hand, you've got hammy acting, Keanu Reeve's English accent (and wooden acting) and a somewhat jerky pace, and a lot of the effects are pretty poor even by Nineties standards (cotton wool clouds, model railways etc).

On the other, Gary Oldman is (as always) truly awesome and the best Dracula I think I've ever seen, both chillingly terrifying and pitifully sympathetic at the same time, and the film is one of the closest, if not the closest adaptation to the book I've come across. Plus there are some very well done creepy bits.
        And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
        sigpic
        Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Alien. Brilliant, brilliant film.
          And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
          sigpic
          Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Earlier tonight, I had a chance to watch The Wolfman with Anthony Hopkins and Benicio del Toro for the first time. Glad I watched it since I haven't seen a werewolf movie since Valentine's Day. That involved me being talked into sitting through two freakin' Twilight movies with someone who just can't get over the fact that those movies were poorly done but I digress.

The thing about The Wolfman I really liked was the atmosphere of the movie. The dark cinematography gave it an old-school gothic look that I didn't think I'd find appealing but did nonetheless. I loved Hugo Weaving's interesting facial hair. I sported a similar look about 6-7 years ago. The costumes overall were something else I liked.

I have one criticism of the movie: I saw the "twist" coming in the first several minutes of the movie. Spoiler tagged for those who have never seen the film:

Spoiler:
            Anthony Hopkins has several marks on his face near his left eye, that are undoubtedly scars from claw marks. Werewolves almost always end up having scars for whatever reason, despite their regenerative abilities and upon seeing those marks on his face, I immediately thought, "ah, he's a werewolf."

Despite that criticism, I found the movie enjoyable. It's a werewolf movie and I'm going to like them virtually no matter what.

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
            Bram Stoker's Dracula. A bit of a mess of a movie. On the one hand, you've got hammy acting, Keanu Reeve's English accent (and wooden acting) and a somewhat jerky pace, and a lot of the effects are pretty poor even by Nineties standards (cotton wool clouds, model railways etc).

On the other, Gary Oldman is (as always) truly awesome and the best Dracula I think I've ever seen, both chillingly terrifying and pitifully sympathetic at the same time, and the film is one of the closest, if not the closest adaptation to the book I've come across. Plus there are some very well done creepy bits.
            I loved Gary Oldman's performance in that movie, along with Anthony Hopkins. You really can't go wrong with those two. The rest of it was... OK. I admit, I'm being kind right now.
            sigpic

Comment

Aliens. There was a time I knew this film almost word for word and shot for shot, and even years later it's very familiar and starting to show its age, but its still amazing.

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
              Earlier tonight, I had a chance to watch The Wolfman with Anthony Hopkins and Benicio del Toro for the first time.
              Emily Blunt's in that as well isn't she? I really want to see that film, even more so now, but unless I can find the DVD for about £5 or under there isn't much chance.

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
              I loved Gary Oldman's performance in that movie, along with Anthony Hopkins. You really can't go wrong with those two. The rest of it was... OK. I admit, I'm being kind right now.
              Gary Oldman is an amazing actor, and easily my favourite, living or dead. Unfortunately, he doesn't always choose the best projects...
              sigpic

Comment

Terminator Salvation. I liked it, overall. Christian Bale did a good job, Sam Worthington too, and Bryce Dallas Howard was one hot pregnant chick.
                ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                  Aliens. There was a time I knew this film almost word for word and shot for shot, and even years later it's very familiar and starting to show its age, but its still amazing.

Emily Blunt's in that as well isn't she? I really want to see that film, even more so now, but unless I can find the DVD for about £5 or under there isn't much chance.

Gary Oldman is an amazing actor, and easily my favourite, living or dead. Unfortunately, he doesn't always choose the best projects...
                  Yep, that was Emily Blunt. I liked her central role in Wolfman and she was much more involved with the story than I thought she'd be.

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                  Terminator Salvation. I liked it, overall. Christian Bale did a good job, Sam Worthington too, and Bryce Dallas Howard was one hot pregnant chick.
                  Worthington was awesome, a very human cyborg. He and Anton Yelchin's portrayal of Kyle Reese really made the early parts of the movie work very well.
                  sigpic

Comment

Eclipse - I was being nice to someone who wanted to watch it lol. I think the girl who played little Adria and Harmony had a small part in this. I might have actually thought this was a decent movie if Bella wasn't in it, and if the main action of the movie didn't revolve around all the good vampires and werevolves needing to keep Bella safe from an army of hungry vampires.
                    Last edited by VampyreWraith; 04 March 2011, 06:06 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

The Wolfman (2010). Solid film all 'round, with some great performances by Benicio Del Toro, Emily Blunt and Anthony Hopkins. But Hugo Weaving stole the show for me, definitely. So yeah, solid film.
                      ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Nice, that most of you like THE WOLFMAN. I thought it was good as well.... I never understood the harsh critics.... what would some expect of this kind of movie? I think most of them expect the wrong thing when they are going to watch this kind of movies...
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
                          Nice, that most of you like THE WOLFMAN. I thought it was good as well.... I never understood the harsh critics.... what would some expect of this kind of movie? I think most of them expect the wrong thing when they are going to watch this kind of movies...
                          from the parts i did see it looked pretty good, i am just sick of all the vampire and werewolf movies , like it is sexy , it is not
                          sigpic
                          May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

watching Rise : Blood Hunter on syfy
                            sigpic
                            May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by MIZA View Post
                              from the parts i did see it looked pretty good, i am just sick of all the vampire and werewolf movies , like it is sexy , it is not
                              I know exactly what you mean...
                              Soon there will be another Dracula flick.. the journey of the demeter.... hope its not all that sexy and stuff... not that I mind... but its getting boring really soon...
                              sigpic

Comment

The Adjustment Bureau
                                "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Working...
                                X