No announcement yet.

What Scifi Movie did you watch today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Witchville. It was pretty bad but any movie with Luke Goss half naked is worth watching
    sigpic

Comment

Finally got to see most of the new 'Star Trek' movie. (missed the first 10 mins or so, and a few minutes here and there)
      I got the feeling that some prior knowledge of the setting would be ideal...am I right?
      (I've watched most of the previous movies...I just don't remember most of the details. Did the
      Spoiler:
      time travel thingy change anything major? Or was Vulcan already destroyed in the prior movies and the various series?
      )
      It was kinda nice, but I'm still not a fan of 'Trek.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gotthammer View Post
        Finally got to see most of the new 'Star Trek' movie. (missed the first 10 mins or so, and a few minutes here and there)
        I got the feeling that some prior knowledge of the setting would be ideal...am I right?
        (I've watched most of the previous movies...I just don't remember most of the details. Did the
        Spoiler:
        time travel thingy change anything major? Or was Vulcan already destroyed in the prior movies and the various series?
        )
        It was kinda nice, but I'm still not a fan of 'Trek.
        Star Trek 2009 is a complete reboot of the franchise. You don't need to have seen any prior Trek to follow the movie completely.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Iron Man 2

Not as good as the first one but still entertaining.

RE: Star Trek 2009...which I love, btw....
          Spoiler:

Vulcan still existed in original Trek. This movie created an AU by blowing it up. eta: Nero going through the blackhole or whatever that was created the AU. but the big difference is now Vulcan is gone.
          Last edited by LoneStar1836; 09 November 2010, 07:46 AM.
          IMO always implied.

Comment

re: Star Trek clarification
            AHH. I see.
            Spoiler:
            A reboot w/ an AU, huh?
            Huh. Oh well. Makes more sense, then...I guess.

Just wondering: were the engagement ranges for the weapons ever given, for either Star Trek or 'Wars? (sorry, still reading Honorverse stuff, plus the LoGH stuff I watched...kinda want to 'compare' out of curiosity)

Oh, and re: the new Star Trek
            Spoiler:
            I don't recall ever seeing Enterprise's weapons 'rapid fire' like that...is that for the movie only? Or did that happen in the various series or the previous movies?
            sigpic

Comment

re Trek:

Spoiler:
              Well you create an AU with a reboot and then they don't have to try to strictly adhere to established canon. I'm certainly looking forward to the next movie.
              IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                Star Trek 2009 is a complete reboot of the franchise. You don't need to have seen any prior Trek to follow the movie completely.
                In fact it is probably better that way.
                "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Just wondering: were the engagement ranges for the weapons ever given, for either Star Trek or 'Wars? (sorry, still reading Honorverse stuff, plus the LoGH stuff I watched...kinda want to 'compare' out of curiosity)
                  Not specifically. There's been lots of instances of being "in range" and "out of range", but it's never been especially consistent. Just depending on what the storytelling demands

Oh, and re: the new Star Trek
                  Spoiler:
                  I don't recall ever seeing Enterprise's weapons 'rapid fire' like that...is that for the movie only? Or did that happen in the various series or the previous movies?
                  It's mostly new to this movie. The Defiant in Deep Space Nine had "pulse phasers" that worked in a similar fashion, but the way they work in Trek2009 is an entirely new phenomenon for the Kirk era.
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

The War of the Worlds [1953]

Comment

Small Soldiers
                      sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Addams Family , very funny
                        sigpic
                        May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Splice last night. Very interesting story, well directed if a bit slow. David Hewlett gave a nice performance, as did Adrien Brody and Sarah Polley.

Plus I have a mad crush on Sarah Polley, so that makes anything she's in great

Comment

The two chronicles of narnia movies, they were kinda cool. Not much fantasy stuff out there. I liked the books better because my imagination wandered more.

Comment

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
                              The two chronicles of narnia movies, they were kinda cool. Not much fantasy stuff out there. I liked the books better because my imagination wandered more.
                              Definitely liked the two movies but the books we're way more interesting I thought. The next movie, Voyage of the Dawn Treader, premieres on my birthday December 10.
                              sigpic

Comment

Avatar - I want my 2 1/2 hrs back.

I should have quit watching at about an hour in when I thought it was still an so so movie that's just not my type of story.
                                But I watched to the end - and now I think it's a pile of cliched crap.
                                sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Working...
                                X