What Scifi Movie did you watch today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze
      I remember watching that in the movie theater lol. I used to love Ninja Turtles when I was little. I used to watch the cartoons all the time; and I'd steal my brother's action figures and "marry" them off to my Barbies lol. Raphael has always been my favorite.
      sigpic

Comment

Surrogates. It has a interesting Second Life premise, although there are some plot holes, but I enjoy the movie.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
          I remember watching that in the movie theater lol. I used to love Ninja Turtles when I was little. I used to watch the cartoons all the time; and I'd steal my brother's action figures and "marry" them off to my Barbies lol. Raphael has always been my favorite.
          Haha I loved II when I was a kid too, and thoroughly enjoyed it last night too

Watched District 9 today. Haven't seen it since it was in theaters, god it on BD for my birthday
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Haha I loved II when I was a kid too, and thoroughly enjoyed it last night too

Watched District 9 today. Haven't seen it since it was in theaters, god it on BD for my birthday
            How is District 9 ? I was thinking of buying it.
            sigpic

Comment

How is District 9 ? I was thinking of buying it.
              District 9 is a fantastic movie. It's one of those recent 'newcomer' sci-fi films like Moon, combining great imagination and relatively unknown talent into something really wonderful. I'm glad I finally have it

And coming back on topic, right now I'm watching one of the greatest sci-fi movies ever made: Planet of the Apes. I got this Blu-ray set for my birthday too

Comment

Futureworld. It was on, I was bored, and I LIKED IT!!
                Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
                Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

District 9 is a fantastic movie. It's one of those recent 'newcomer' sci-fi films like Moon, combining great imagination and relatively unknown talent into something really wonderful. I'm glad I finally have it

And coming back on topic, right now I'm watching one of the greatest sci-fi movies ever made: Planet of the Apes. I got this Blu-ray set for my birthday too
                  Cool, thanks. I think I'm gonna get it. A lot of people seem to like it and it looks cool.

I watched The Shining today.(Stanley Kubrick version not the mini series)
                  sigpic

Comment

Cool, thanks. I think I'm gonna get it. A lot of people seem to like it and it looks cool.
                    Excellent. I really don't think you'll be disappointed

I watched The Shining today.(Stanley Kubrick version not the mini series)
                    Ahh, that. I enjoy that movie quite a lot! It deviates quite a bit from the excellent Stephen King book, but it's more than made up for by Jack Nicholson and Stanley Kubrick's brilliant direction.

Comment

Excellent. I really don't think you'll be disappointed

Ahh, that. I enjoy that movie quite a lot! It deviates quite a bit from the excellent Stephen King book, but it's more than made up for by Jack Nicholson and Stanley Kubrick's brilliant direction.
                      I never read the book, but I did hear its different. But I really like the Stanley Kubrick version and I really love Jack Nicholson in it.
                      Ii just bought a bunch of Blu Ray dvds over on Amazon. I got District 9, Event Horizon, The Relic, Dark City, The Martix, 12 monkeys, Underworld :Rise of the Lycans. They were pretty cheap too; they were all under $20 each(I think i bought a few off amazon sellers too)
                      I'm going to have a lot of movies to watch once I get them.
                      sigpic

Comment

Niiiice, some of those are really good. District 9 obviously, Event Horizon scares the hell out of me to this day, Dark City is a classic, Matrix is a modern classic, and 12 Monkeys is a flippin' brilliant movie. I should watch that again sometime soon.

Comment

Niiiice, some of those are really good. District 9 obviously, Event Horizon scares the hell out of me to this day, Dark City is a classic, Matrix is a modern classic, and 12 Monkeys is a flippin' brilliant movie. I should watch that again sometime soon.
                          I've watched all of them before besides District 9, and that underworld movie. The rest I watched yrs ago on cable but I remembered really liking them; especially 12 Monkeys, Event Horizon, and Dark City; so when I saw them on blu-ray for like $10-$15 I just had to buy them. I love movies, especially darker sci-fi movies.
                          sigpic

Comment

I didn't know that Amazon was having a BD sale right now....oh boy this is going to be expensive

edit; I don't know whether to be thrilled or annoyed that amazon.ca doesn't seem to be having the same sale lol
                            Last edited by DigiFluid; 20 August 2010, 10:57 PM.

Comment

I didn't know that Amazon was having a BD sale right now....oh boy this is going to be expensive
                              Yeah, Amazon has a bunch of bd's on sale. I keep remembering more movies that I want and I keep finding them on sale; most of them between $10-$15(US).
                              sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't go so far as to say fantastic but certainly interesting and worth a watch. I didn't know much about it and it wasn't what I thought it would be but very intense and kept my interest throughout. Always give kudos to someone who can do a good scifi movie on a fraction of the budget of the the big movies that come out today.

As long as you are talking about the original - double thumbs up (on a scale of 1-10 this movie is an 11) and not that *******ized version Tim Burton did.

Originally posted by AlbinoMonkeyC View Post
                                Futureworld. It was on, I was bored, and I LIKED IT!!
                                It wasn't a bad sequel. Not anywhere as good as Westworld. That was classic!

Event Horizon - the less said the better.
                                Dark City - brilliant wonderful movie.
                                Matrix - rip off of Dark City and not half as good
                                12 Monkeys - weird, weird movie - but good

Originally posted by myhelix View Post
                                Surrogates. It has a interesting Second Life premise, although there are some plot holes, but I enjoy the movie.
                                I liked it too. Don't know Second Life so can't compare that, but I like thinking movies. If they fixed some of the plot holes and tightened it up it could be a very good movie.
                                sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Working...
                                X