No announcement yet.

What Scifi Movie did you watch today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh and on topic, I just started watching Predator 2 (after all that talk in the Predators thread last night)
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by myhelix View Post
      Galaxy Quest (a parody count, right?)
      This movie is fantastic. As a big Trek fan, it was awesome to see a parody done so well, and so hilariously. Also surprising is how good Tim Allen actually was in the role. The rest of the cast was great too - such the perfect selection of people.

For those of you that have it on DVD - toward the end when they are working their way through the ship to find the omega 13 device, when they get to the chompers or whatever they're called, i love that CLEARLY you can see that Sigourney Weaver drops an F-bomb. but they've changed it so she says "the hell with this" instead (or something close to that). Kind of annoying, but hilarious.

I watched Transformers 2 yesterday. It's pretty bad, but you can't argue with giant robots shooting and beating up each other. that's pretty much all I ask for. Plus megan fox's chesticles.

Comment

Jurassic Park.

The First. The Best. The classic.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
          Jurassic Park.

The First. The Best. The classic.
          Excellent choice! As with any adaptation, I liked the book better but man was the movie ever good. Sam Neill, Laura Dern, Jeff Goldblum, Richard Attenborough, Sam Jackson, Wayne Knight, all of them were absolutely amazing. And the VFX still stand up to scrutiny today, which is a real tribute to how great a job they did. And let's not forget the fantastic score!
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            Excellent choice! As with any adaptation, I liked the book better but man was the movie ever good. Sam Neill, Laura Dern, Jeff Goldblum, Richard Attenborough, Sam Jackson, Wayne Knight, all of them were absolutely amazing. And the VFX still stand up to scrutiny today, which is a real tribute to how great a job they did. And let's not forget the fantastic score!
            Yes! the music was outstanding!

I'd personally rather believe the other 2 films wern't made... I did like the second a tad though, but the third was awful.

Here's some news from Wikipidea about the 4th.

Jurassic Park III director Joe Johnston revealed in an interview in January 2010 that Jurassic Park IV was set to be the beginning of a second Jurassic Park trilogy.[34] He also added, “Jurassic Park 4 is going to be unlike anything you’ve seen.”[35] According to a new interview conducted in 2010 by Drew McWeeny with Joe Johnston on the website Behind the Films, a new script is under works with a different idea behind it. Johnston says once he finishes Captain America, he hopefully will develop Jurassic Park IV with Steven Spielberg. It certainly seems probable that we will see "Jurassic Park IV". Joe Johnston enthusiastically has confirmed the likelihood of the film's production more than once.[36]

The old script they had, with a virus coming back and killing both dinosaurs and humans alike didn't sound so bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
              Yes! the music was outstanding!

I'd personally rather believe the other 2 films wern't made...
              Agreed. I actually liked The Lost World (the book) more than I liked JP the book, so I was pretty appalled at the movie. And the third one, just....*facepalms*

Comment

Agreed. I actually liked The Lost World (the book) more than I liked JP the book, so I was pretty appalled at the movie. And the third one, just....*facepalms*
                I wanted the dinosaurs to eat the people in the 3rd movie.
                sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Diary of the Dead

Comment

True Blood, season 3 episode 4.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                      True Blood, season 3 episode 4.
                      That's not really a movie

Comment

Survival of the Dead

Mr. Romero's weakest Dead film IMO.

Comment

Survival of the Dead

Mr. Romero's weakest Dead film IMO.
                          Nah, for me, I liked it as much as Diary, at least. It had its moments (Good and horrible), though.
                          Last edited by MattSilver 3k; 13 July 2010, 11:00 PM.
                          ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Rewatched True Blood, season 3 episode 4. I also watched an interesting little featurette about True Blood's werewolves on cable (On Demand from comcast).
                            sigpic

Comment

Babylon 5: In the Beginning
                              sigpic
                              The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

The Green Mile.

Great movie.

Comment

Working...
                                X