X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toy Story 3
    Abbas Karimjee
    www.abbaskarimjee.wordpress.com
    The latest Stargate Atlantis, SG1 , Universe , movies and the future of Stargate news.

Comment

Starship Troopers
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
        Starship Troopers
        It's bone chilling how this movie is so prescient of the post 9/11 warmongering madness, but was written well before 2001 in 1997! It's the Iraq/afghan war before the Iraq/afghan war! So much that I don't think this blockbuster movie could have been done now in Hollywood.

"Would you like to know more?"
        Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Serenity Again
          sigpic

Comment

War of the Worlds...Never so thankful for the common cold Whew!

Comment

Not scifi, but I hope fantasy counts: HP and the Order of the Phoenix. Much better than I remembered and not nearly as disjointed as I feared, given that they had made the shortest movie out of the longest book.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
                That is some great movie. Someone on the web described it as the anti-zombie movie and I think its a proper description.

Spoiler:
                Killing a zombie children is not a tough decisions. What about letting a infected child die? Having no zombies but real human being is so much more horrific than any eating the brain stuff you can imagine.

What's funny about this movie for me is that I watched the whole movie (many months) after having watch the new Star Trek. And I didn't even recognized Chris Pine in it (while he's completely physically recognizable I must say). He did a great job on that movie.

Also in that movie Christopher Meloni from SVU.

Nice post apocalyptic "psychological" setting. Survival of the fittest stuff.
                I didn't really think of it as an "anti-Zombie" movie, what with the lack of zombies and all. It's more like... Cabin Fever, but a road trip, the virus has already spread through the world, and the person writing it shot for "depressing" instead of "hilariously squicky". Familiar faces were cool in it - Chris Pine is awesome (Will go into it more below), as was Meloni. The latter played a desperate father very very very well. Something about the way he stuck himself in the back seat with his infected daughter was kinda heartbreaking.

Spoiler:
                Chris Pine was unbelievably awesome, though I've never seen Star Trek or anything, so no comparisons. My favourite Pine scenes had to be the one where he abandoned his girlfriend (Poor dude sounded so frustrated that she would get infected, and probably knew he too might've caught it), the one where he gunned down those two old ladies and got shot in the leg for his troubles, and the final scene with his brother.

So yeah, I think I liked this movie more in hindsight. Sort-of ebbs at you a bit.
                ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

I watched Doctor Parnassus the other day, freakin weird I usually like Heath Leadger's (and Johnny Depp's) Movies but this was crap
                  Last Movie Watched
                  X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                  Life is Strange

Comment

I watched Mars Attacks....I forgot how corny it is haha! And also what an incredible cast they had. I can't believe such big names got in on a movie like that
                    sigpic

Comment

watching a lot of Harry Potter lately , he is really brave
                      sigpic
                      May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Fifth Element

Anyone else want to negotiate?

Originally posted by GenieinaZPM View Post
                        I watched Mars Attacks....I forgot how corny it is haha! And also what an incredible cast they had. I can't believe such big names got in on a movie like that
                        I love that movie!!! The 1st time I saw parts of it, I thought it was dumb. But you've got to go with the flow of it and have fun and you laugh your head off.

"Even in a time of intergalactic crisis, people still want to roll them bones. "
                        sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
                          Fifth Element

Anyone else want to negotiate?

thats a really good movie havent seen it in ages

I love that movie!!! The 1st time I saw parts of it, I thought it was dumb. But you've got to go with the flow of it and have fun and you laugh your head off.

"Even in a time of intergalactic crisis, people still want to roll them bones. "
                          thats a really good movie, havent seen that in ages
                          Last Movie Watched
                          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                          Life is Strange

Comment

I'm watching Labyrinth... I love this movie!
                            sigpic

Comment

Fireball. With Lexa Doig. Quite good movie.
                              sigpic

Comment

Percy Jackson and the Lightening Thief!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X