What Scifi Movie did you watch today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
    Just finished RoboCop 2 - I know I should have more self-respect than to watch it, but I needed another RoboCop fix and I only recently watched the first one. Whether my self-esteem will drop low enough to allow me to watch RoboCop 3 without putting a brick through the TV is another thing altogether. At least R2 has a handful of redeeming features.

Gotta admit, I quite enjoyed Lost in Space, thought it was enjoyable and entertaining. Plus, Gary Oldman's in it, so that's an automatic +100 points...

ahh, I forgot about robo cop. I need to see it again sometime soon!

Also, I hear a remaking is in the making.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
      ahh, I forgot about robo cop. I need to see it again sometime soon!

Also, I hear a remaking is in the making.
      Sadly, yes. To me, RoboCop is a classic that shouldn't be touched. It is a phenomenal film, but the studios just can't leave anything alone these days. Expect the updated Casablanca starring Hugh Jackman and Charlize Theron any day now...

Actually, the remake may have stalled. There seems to be a lot of fan opposition (I have nothing to do with it, I swear...well, maybe just one or two angry mobs, but thats it) to a remake, the owners of the franchise (MGM) are of course in trouble, and the buzz now is that they want to make a 3D film based on the success of Avatar, so it has been put on the backburner. With any luck, that'll prevent it from ever being made.

Now, in all seriousness, if they wanted to do a sequel, one that neatly bypasses Robo 2, 3, the Series and Prime Directives, or at least only vaguely acknowledges their existence (sort of like the way The Incredible Hulk follows on from Hulk, or Superman Returns follows on from Superman 2), I'd be jumping for joy. But the first film is too good to mess with I think.
      And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
      sigpic
      Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

I liked Robocop 2. It certainly wasn't as awesome as the first, but I still enjoyed it. 3 is best forgotten.

I haven't seen Prime Directives, but from what I've heard it wasn't bad.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
          I liked Robocop 2. It certainly wasn't as awesome as the first, but I still enjoyed it. 3 is best forgotten.

I haven't seen Prime Directives, but from what I've heard it wasn't bad.
          As a standalone, RoboCop 2 probably isn't that bad. As a sequel to the first, I don't think there's any comparison, and that's why I might be a little hard on it - I watched RoboCop only a few days ago. It's a shallow imitation that completely misses the point, but you're right, it is at least fun. Robocop 3 was an abomination.

Prime Directives was...poor. I think, anyway. It had some good ideas, but the guy playing Robo completely disregarded Peter Weller's exceptional performance. Hell, Richard Eden from the TV series was actually a pretty good replacement (even if the kiddy friendly family fun concept completely ruined it) - I'd even take Robert "Robocop 3" Burke over Page Fletcher.
          And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
          sigpic
          Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Dune was on channel 5(UK) today so I watched that.
            sigpic

Comment

The only thing I dislike about Robocop, is the graphics.

Everything else about the film is great, but the graphics are horrible... by any stranded.

At times it's like I'm watching Rudolph the red nosed reindeer, the clay animation version.

Comment

80s action movie violence is epic. I wish modern films were still doing things that way
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Watching Jeepers Creepers on syfy.

I forever hate this movie because it freaks me out.

Comment

I watched Star Trek: First Contact today.
                    sigpic
                    "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
                    Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

I watched all of Tin Man and now I am watching Alice
                      sigpic

Comment

well the other day i was watching The Time Travelers Wife , very good movie , but kind of weird too
                        sigpic
                        May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Currently watching THE MATRIX
                          sigpic

Comment

Just finished Land of the Lost. Watchable enough. Humour was a bit puerile and infantile, but the film was still reasonably funny (the mosquito made me laugh a lot for some reason). But hey, Anna Friel's in it, so it's an automatic watch for me!
                            sigpic

Comment

I just watched the Movie RIVERWORLD. it was actually pretty good.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                                Carriers.

Depressing way to spend an hour and a half, for sure. Great stuff.
                                That is some great movie. Someone on the web described it as the anti-zombie movie and I think its a proper description.

Spoiler:
                                Killing a zombie children is not a tough decisions. What about letting a infected child die? Having no zombies but real human being is so much more horrific than any eating the brain stuff you can imagine.

What's funny about this movie for me is that I watched the whole movie (many months) after having watch the new Star Trek. And I didn't even recognized Chris Pine in it (while he's completely physically recognizable I must say). He did a great job on that movie.

Also in that movie Christopher Meloni from SVU.

Nice post apocalyptic "psychological" setting. Survival of the fittest stuff.
                                Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Working...
                                X