What Scifi Movie did you watch today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inception - 2 hrs of my life wasted.

I'd heard how good this movie was and having loved Memento and The Prestige was looking forward to it. Instead I was bored, if I hadn't heard of the movie probably would have switched channels after 15 minutes. Other than the very beginning didn't find it hard to follow, instead found it often predictable and I fingered out the ending including the very last minute before the movie was half over. After about an hour I was switching back and forth to the baseball game but I wanted to see the end to see if I was right.

I think if you hadn't seen any other movies of this type you might find it interesting, but I kept thinking so much of it was copied from Dark City (1998).

Skip this go watch Dark City. And if you want to see something good by Nolan - watch Memento - ten times better.
    sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
      Inception - 2 hrs of my life wasted.

I'd heard how good this movie was and having loved Memento and The Prestige was looking forward to it. Instead I was bored, if I hadn't heard of the movie probably would have switched channels after 15 minutes. Other than the very beginning didn't find it hard to follow, instead found it often predictable and I fingered out the ending including the very last minute before the movie was half over. After about an hour I was switching back and forth to the baseball game but I wanted to see the end to see if I was right.

I think if you hadn't seen any other movies of this type you might find it interesting, but I kept thinking so much of it was copied from Dark City (1998).

Skip this go watch Dark City. And if you want to see something good by Nolan - watch Memento - ten times better.
      [insert Not Sure If Serious picture here]
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Yes serious.

It was so sad, I was so disappointed. I kept waiting for this intriguing interesting movie and it never happened for me.

Although I probably shouldn't have been so heavy on the Dark City praise - it does have it's faults although still a very good movie and Matrix copied it a whole lot more.

But it did have that same feel as Dark Knight for me in the been there, seen that before, what's the big deal vibe.
        Last edited by Thunderstorm; 18 June 2011, 11:33 PM.
        sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
          Yes serious.

It was so sad, I was so disappointed. I kept waiting for this intriguing interesting movie and it never happened for me.

Although I probably shouldn't have been so heavy on the Dark City praise - it does have it's faults although still a very good movie and Matrix copied it a whole lot more.

But it did have that same feel as Dark Knight for me in the been there, seen that before, what's the big deal vibe.
          sorry, it did not work for you... I watched...
          Battle: Los Angeles.. I hesitated first because I was not sure, but was highly entertained (strangley!)
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
            I enjoyed it. I'm like you at first I thought ratings were going to make me decide on whether or not to see it and then I was like "it doesn't matter what the critics think. What matters is what i thought of it" and I thought it was great. It was nice seeing DC do a different hero for a change that was superman or batman. Don't get me wrong i've seen all of the batman movies and I gotta say regardless of batman and superman's popularity it's nice seeing a different character finally getting his Dues.

Ryan Reynolds did a fantastic job as Hal Jordan. I can't wait to see where they take his character in future movies.

Blake Lively portrayal of Carol Ferris reminded me of how *****y carol was in the comics but at the same carol also had that human side to her and Blake did an excellent job.

Peter Sarsgaard did a good job Playing Hector Hammond.

I will say this Mark Strong will ever forever be Sinestro to me. His portrayal really was reminisicant of The comic Sinestro.

While the run time was 114 minutes, that didn't matter to me. It may have seen fast in some parts but that's only because i think they wanted to dive right into how Hal became Gl and all that. I felt they did a good job under extreme circumstances and i'm sorry those critics aren't realizing that these people took major time out of their busy schedules where they could've worked on other projects to help bring this iconic comic book character to life and people are just like "psst.. whatever".

Overall I would give it a Solid B. I would definitely go to movies to see it again.

BTW Stay after the credits there is an extra scene that they put in to help tie into the sequel if they ever make one.

i hope you will go see it and form your own opinion of it.
            I will defintley watch this in the cinema, but here in germany I have to wait untill late july which really sucks, and I am greatfull that DC did another heroe as well! I hoped there would be a Constantine sequel..but well.. it might never happen, or gets a reboot but I loved Keanu Reeves in there so, I was sad that it did not a second chance. For Green Lantern, I am excited
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
              Super 8.
              Hey how was that movie ?
              I am thinking of seeing it thanks
              sigpic
              May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

The Chronicles of Riddick. Visually excellent, but still lacking.
                And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                sigpic
                Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Battle: Los Angeles - I liked it a lot. It had a lot of OTT action and hero moments, it also had some nice character moments; overall I found it entertaining.
                  sigpic

Comment

The Day the Earth Stood Still remake.
                    It was good. But I still prefer the Original.
                    "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                    Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                    Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                    Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                    I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                    To thy own self... Be true
                    May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Alien
                      Last edited by mr_kennedy; 21 June 2011, 03:42 PM.
                      Last Movie Watched
                      X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                      Life is Strange

Comment

Paul...

It is full of genre references.
                        And some very funny one liners.
                        "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                        Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                        Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                        Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                        I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                        To thy own self... Be true
                        May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Battle Los Angeles , prety good movie
                          sigpic
                          May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Took me two days but I finished the Star Wars Prequels and Trilogy.

Epic. I tell you. Epic.
                            "The center of every man's existence is a dream." - G.K. Chesterton

Comment

Aliens
                              Last edited by mr_kennedy; 22 June 2011, 05:54 AM.
                              Last Movie Watched
                              X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                              Life is Strange

Comment

Watching 2012 right now great movie !!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X