No announcement yet.

Prince Nuada/Luke Goss Appreciation &Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both of you are right Nuala was doing it to save everyone and it was such a sad scrifice and one that really was a loss for everyone.

I would love to see more of Nuada and Nuala in the Hellboy stories (and I haven't read the book adaptaion I take it that it wasn't as good as the movie )
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dragongirl View Post
      Both of you are right Nuala was doing it to save everyone and it was such a sad scrifice and one that really was a loss for everyone.

I would love to see more of Nuada and Nuala in the Hellboy stories (and I haven't read the book adaptaion I take it that it wasn't as good as the movie )

I understand the book just makes Nuada seem like a one-dimensional bad guy - not the complex character we were treated to on the screen.

Since Nuada was created just for the movie, I doubt he will ever appear in the comics, unless enough fans request it. Of course, it's not up to the writer alone, but the publisher (Dark Horse), as well as whoever holds the license on the character of Nuada (probably the production company for the movie, or something). There was one comic book written with Nuada in it - it was for the movie and contained the opening story from the movie about the Golden Army and young Nuada not believing the promises of man, but that's all. I would really just love a Nuada book...something that explored his years in exile...that would make me very happy!

das
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dragongirl View Post

I bought the book and was having a bit of trouble getting into it, so I just read the Nuada parts. The author did not portray him sympathetically at all and really did make him pretty much a one dimensional villain instead of the marvelously complex anti-hero that del Toro and Luke Goss helped create.

If they put him in the comic books, I'd run out and buy them! But das knows that side of the story much better than I, so I believe her when she says it's unlikely. But it is a pity. He is a wonderful character!
        Sparrow hawk

sigpic

Comment

Wouldn't it be great if they made comics that were just Nuada about what he went through while he was in his self impossed exile.

well I will just stick to the movie then since the book doesn't do our anti-Hero justice
          sigpic

Comment

Hi Everyone! Sorry I have been away for awhile because I have been busy with my two jobs and getting ready for the Holidays.

Welcome Dragongirl to the Prince's forum. It's nice to have another Prince Nuada supporter. Remember that Nuada calendar I made a few months back. I took the same images and created a holiday wallpaper. So I hope you will enjoy it. Just a little picture for you all.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!! OR MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Take Care
            LS

Comment

Oh my gosh! That is fabulous and festive! I especially like the image of Nuada holding the book -- can't you just hear him reading - " 'Twas the night before Christmas, and all through the house ..." LS, you are amazing!!!
              Sparrow hawk

sigpic

Comment

I love that LS

I wouldn't mind hearing him reading "Twas the night before Christmas"
                sigpic

Comment

This guy is not exactly Prince Nuda but he reminds me of him. This is an intro from a PC game called The Witcher. Check it out. Hope you like it.

http://www.viddler.com/explore/drkn/videos/156/

Comment

Originally posted by Apprentice View Post
                    This guy is not exactly Prince Nuda but he reminds me of him. This is an intro from a PC game called The Witcher. Check it out. Hope you like it.

Thanks for the link, Apprentice. He does remind me a bit of Nuada, especially when he's flipping that sword around. But I still think Nuada is prettier!
                    Sparrow hawk

sigpic

Comment

Well, The Witcher sort of reminds me of Prince Nuada. It's the white hair and the sword play but, the Prince is much more handsome His eyes do remind me of the Wraith.. Kind of mix of Wraith (Steve) and Prince Nuada.

Wishing all Prince Nuada fans a Very Merry Christmas and a Very Happy New Year.

LS

Comment

Originally posted by Apprentice View Post

Good to see you, Apprentice! Ya know, I never have been able to cap Hellboy II to get a better picture of Nuada with the dogs...I really should try to find a good pic online, but have been busy.

Thanks for that link - first, awesome-looking game! Second, he does remind me of Nuada, AND I think he's handsome! (What can I say, I'm just a sucker for the hair!) Loved that little 'movie', too. Thanks so much for sharing!

das
                        sigpic

Comment

I need to try capping the movie so far I haven't bad me I will after I get back home and to a comp where I can cap
                          sigpic

Comment

Just gonna repost this from what I said on JM's blog -

Ran into this guy I know who dabbles in film tonight.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0755074/

I’ve never taken him seriously ’cause, ya know - local kid, and all. His folks’ place is right across from my folks. They were summer people who finally moved down year-round, and so I’ve only known Johnny about 20-25 years. Anyway - like I said, never took him seriously.

Until I ran into him in our local dive bar tonight…he was there playing pool, I was there eating something deep-fried. Anyway, we got to talking, and I told him about Mallozzi…talked a bit about Stargate (yeah, he knows the show), and I showed him my photo keychain…which just happens to be…um…Steve. Yeah…as in, ‘The Wraith’.

I am such a geeky fangirl.

Anyway…he saw the picture, and he points at it and says, ‘Ya know - I know that actor… Luke…played in the Hellboy movie this summer…he looked like this guy.”

My eyes grew wide and I said, “You know Luke Goss…the guy who played Prince Nuada?!”

“Yeah,” he said, “my buddy was just filming with him. You saw Hellboy, I take it?”

I nodded enthusiastically. “Saw it, loved it…and loved Luke’s character the most.”

“He did a great job,” he said. “Ya know, we’re supposed to get together with him soon. I’ll give you a call if we do…”

Okay, yeah…I died right there.

Of course, I don’t know how much he was bull****tin’ me - but I didn’t mention Nuada or Luke or Hellboy or anything - he just offered up the info based on the similarities in appearance between Nuada and Steve the Wraith. I’m not holding my breath, but if I ever do meet the guy, just be ready for the squee! heard round the world!

Now…to start that diet…

das
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post

I’ve never taken him seriously ’cause, ya know - local kid, and all. His folks’ place is right across from my folks. They were summer people who finally moved down year-round, and so I’ve only known Johnny about 20-25 years. Anyway - like I said, never took him seriously.

Until I ran into him in our local dive bar tonight…he was there playing pool, I was there eating something deep-fried. Anyway, we got to talking, and I told him about Mallozzi…talked a bit about Stargate (yeah, he knows the show), and I showed him my photo keychain…which just happens to be…um…Steve. Yeah…as in, ‘The Wraith’.

Anyway…he saw the picture, and he points at it and says, ‘Ya know - I know that actor… Luke…played in the Hellboy movie this summer…he looked like this guy.”

My eyes grew wide and I said, “You know Luke Goss…the guy who played Prince Nuada?!”

“Yeah,” he said, “my buddy was just filming with him. You saw Hellboy, I take it?”

I nodded enthusiastically. “Saw it, loved it…and loved Luke’s character the most.”

“He did a great job,” he said. “Ya know, we’re supposed to get together with him soon. I’ll give you a call if we do…”

Of course, I don’t know how much he was bull****tin’ me - but I didn’t mention Nuada or Luke or Hellboy or anything - he just offered up the info based on the similarities in appearance between Nuada and Steve the Wraith. I’m not holding my breath, but if I ever do meet the guy, just be ready for the squee! heard round the world!

Now…to start that diet…

das
                              Are you serious?! Dang! I wish I lived closer.

Keep us posted on what happens. And take pictures. Please.
                              Sparrow hawk

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post

Now…to start that diet…

das
                                Well let's hope the guy isn't pulling one on you. If you do get to met the very handsome/cute Goss you have to let us know here. And we will know because we will hear the biggest SQUEE!!!! round the world. oh, yes pictures will be nice. Oh, I made a new calender for Feb. I also made a Valentine page too with the calendar inserted. It is all FAN GIRL STUFF!!!
                                First I will download the calendar.
                                LS

Comment

Working...
                                X