Legend of the Seeker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fyd818 View Post
    I do believe a certain amount of darkness is required to make a good story -- I just think TG goes beyond it for me sometimes. I do appreciate that the characters have to go through a lot to get what they want, and sometimes they don't get that at all. But there is a certain place where it has to stop, and TG has stepped over the line for me. That's why I like LotS to begin with, because it's been "sanitized," as you say. It's not as dark -- while it still has a few elements of the darkness, it's not nearly as horrific as it is in the books. It seems like in the books all TG was looking for was darkness, torture, and hate. At least in the TV show, there's a lot of lighthearted moments to offset that. Those were sadly lacking in at least the first 3 books, where I am now. And after I finish the 3rd, I'm skipping straight to "Confessor" and missing the rest. I may go back later and pick up the others, but at the moment at least, I just don't want to.

I'm on the third book now, and so far -- I'm not seeing much of an improvement. But we'll see -- I certainly hope it gets better!

In the end, everyone has their own opinion of what they personally think is good entertainment. For me, the books aren't, but the TV show is. I'm just saying that on a personal level, I'm glad they stepped things down for the show.

~fyd

There would be no point to you reading "Confessor" after the third book. You'd be very confused. There are major changes as well as character shifts and you'll only end up wanting to read all the books preceeding it just to figure out what's even going on. I think you'll like Temple of the Winds more since there is less fighting and gore in that one.

Comment

Originally posted by chance2 View Post
      I saw the 20 minute preview. I have to say, it was just alright...found it quite dull.

i've seen several eps. there pretty good excited about seeing more soon
      oh yeah, i missed watching the ep that was on today

Comment

Don't forget LOTS has a new episode this week! It's called "Denna" and those of you who read the novels will know who that is. Can't wait.
        Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

True. I only read the first book of the series and Denna was my fave character in it. Really looking forward to the episode. Also I’m curious how they will handle the storyline in the TV-Show.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Angela V View Post
            Don't forget LOTS has a new episode this week! It's called "Denna" and those of you who read the novels will know who that is. Can't wait.
            I've heard that this episode is where the show starts getting more material from the book.

Comment

Originally posted by rach12 View Post
              True. I only read the first book of the series and Denna was my fave character in it. Really looking forward to the episode. Also I’m curious how they will handle the storyline in the TV-Show.
              They'll mangle it of course.

Comment

I LOVE IT!! No, I haven't read the books, but who cares? It's just feeding my fantasy mindset!!
                Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
                Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

the show would be better if they went with be actors. richard isnt suppose to be a pint size char. according to the book it describes him as a conan size char. and the dharan are supposed to be even larger. is this show written for kids ?

Comment

Originally posted by Krichton View Post
                    They'll mangle it of course.

Yeah, I suspect they might. But you have to take into account, that the Denna storyline has really dark themes for a PG-Rated TV Show, so they have no other choice, but to cut the hell out of it or maybe change it beyond recognition. They could mess it up, but maybe if they stay true to the basic parts of the story, it might not be bad.

Still Denna is a kick-ass character in the books and lets hope the ep will be great, too.
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm enjoying it. My fav character is Kahlan an then Zedd. Haven't read the books. It feeds my fantasy needs in television. Yay! I miss having a slightly cheesy but well written fantasy show.
                      sigpic
                      I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Denna

Spoiler:
                        I liked this episode (though I didn't read the books, so I don't know what departures it took from them). I think the show is starting to really gel, as are the characters. This was definitely the most intense and well-written episode yet. I hope for more where that came from.

Comment

Well I was considering giving up on the show since I have read the books and they deviate so much from them. Having said that I truly enjoyed last nights episode "Denna".

Spoiler:
                          Even though the story strayed quite a bit from the book (we all knew it would have to, especially with this part of the story), we still kind of saw some of the darker elements of the story. Of course lots was left out, and lots was changed (another confessor, Richard using the agiel on Kahlan, the sword not going white, etc...), but I was fully enjoying the episode. Not to mention I thought the actors had some actual chemistry when they had their moments. I didn't think I would feel that connected to them, but I did. The Richard and Kahlan kiss was just hot!

I noticed from the previews that the next episode is where the ending (with the girl and the box) starts to come into play. Does this mean there is only a few episodes left in the season? Any word on how many episodes there are supposed to be?

I hope all of the episodes from here take their lead from the way they handled Denna. I will be happy then.
                          sigpic

Comment

I am actually digging this show the fight scense are amazing, the seeker is cute and the special effects are good. And good story to boot.

Comment

Legend of the Seeker has been renewed for a second season, according to Variety.

Link.

Comment

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
                                Denna

Spoiler:
                                I liked this episode (though I didn't read the books, so I don't know what departures it took from them). I think the show is starting to really gel, as are the characters. This was definitely the most intense and well-written episode yet. I hope for more where that came from.
                                Same here!!

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
                                Legend of the Seeker has been renewed for a second season, according to Variety.

Link.
                                YAY!!!

*has started to read the books*
                                Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
                                Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

Working...
                                X