Clear All

Originally posted by rlr149 View Post
    i guess this won't be getting watched then
    that.
    was.
    AWESOME.

Comment

Originally posted by Ice Wolf View Post
      Whilst Aliens vs Predator battles might look good on screen it doesn't work without the humans who carry the story. That I see as AvP2's failing the humans didn't really carry the story. What makes it worse is that some of the characters actually had the potential to but due to the poor script and directing of anything but the action sequences and even then their were some poor ones; they didn't reach that potential. On a whole the movie was extremely disappointing made worse by the missed potential. The movie didn't feel right for all AVP problems it felt like it belonged in the series AVP2 just didn't fit. It was a basically slasher flick or a b-grade movie with and a-grade budget. The other movies were more action-thrillers/horror.

AVP2 really proves the point that sometimes what you don't see is more important than what you do.
      Well said.

Originally posted by Mousie View Post
      The queen thing makes more sense knowing that, but I still think it spawned too many. We went from one hybrid and 3 face huggers to hundreds of them in one night. Flaw indeed.
      It's not a flaw when it's intentional. I do agree that the chestbursters pop out way too fast, but as for quickly growing into adults... it always occured that fast in the movies.

Comment

rlr149, you'll be happy to know I am downloading The Machine Girl as we speak, and am highly anticipating watching it tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
          rlr149, you'll be happy to know I am downloading The Machine Girl as we speak, and am highly anticipating watching it tonight!
          The Bionic Woman on steroids. LOL!

~Dave

Comment

drill bra. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
              [COLOR="Blue"]You'd watch a movie just to see gorey death scenes? I just don't understand this. When I go see a movie, I go for the story and characters.
              i see some movies for that reason. i see others for story/character. because other movies are a lot better than AvP. predators are the only interesting thing left in that franchise, thats why i watch. and tbh i got the most pred info from the first 10 mins, released to the net as a trailer.

I never said AVP1 was fantastic, I said it was good. There's a huge difference between those two words.
              it isn't 'good' either, its 'watchable' if you turn your brain off for it, which i did then it went back on and i watched other 'good' films for story and character and even with my brain off i still spotted plot elements that others who 'love' the film missed!!

You aren't people, you're an individual. A movie will never be made for you, me, nor any other individual; it will be made for the masses. That is how the movie industry works. I also have an imagination, and I am indeed quite curious. Wanting to see a movie about people does not make me close-minded. You can't possibly know if the third movie will be lame, considering it doesn't exist yet.
              wanting to ONLY see movies about people does make you closed minded, i'd love to see things from the 'wraith' POV as well, its only arrogance/divine right(one and the same) that makes humans think they're more special than everything else. were not.

Maybe... just maybe... it has absolutely nothing to do with that. Maybe... just maybe... they simply think no one would go for a movie that isn't about people? Maybe if the Predators were given dialogue and more Human characteristics, it might work without people.
              then they are wrong to think that, i present myself as evidence. case closed and preds with human characteristics is just ugly ass humans!! whats the point. just make AvP2.1......... sorry meant to say 3
              No, I don't. Man vs. Monster is a premise. There is more to a movie than the premise.
              if you're fooled by window dressing, fine i guess

Idiots? Excuse me? I happen to be one of those idiots who wants to see Transformers 2. I'm guessing you didn't like the movie?
              i didn't mind it, its brainless popcorn action, i wouldn't list it in my top 100 though, probably not even top 200(if i could actually finalize such a list) 'idiots' was a bit rough, how does 'the lowest common denominator' sound? or 'the masses' if you will.
              In any event, I'd think more carefully about what you say before you type it. Others might not react as gracefully as I have.
              when i have the ability to define what you are or are not offended by, then, and only then will i take responsibility for your offended-ness. thats why they're "your problems"
              I'm sorry, but you're wrong. The movie industry takes a gamble all the time on controversial movies that don't apply to the popular crowd. Some make a profit, some don't. We're not talking about popularity nor originality, we're talking about wether a movie without people would be finacially viable.
              -
              from para above
              -
              "it will be made for the masses."
              and you say you're not contradictory?!?! and as i can't give an example of such a movie, you can't say it would fail on previous failures, or be financially inviable. and as you have now said they 'gamble' all the time, why not this then? other than you happen to like the franchise. and think you know how everyone thinks.
              and considering your shock at peter jacksons early stuff and the fact you can't understand why anybody would want to watch it, just shows how little you do know about how everyone thinks. not saying i know much more, but i know it does not matter what 'sick and twisted' thing i can think of, someone will get their 'jollies' off it, it will 'yank their crank', 'float their boat' or any other euphemism for 'enjoyment'. and that is enough to say that it may work. it may not too, and i know this.

When I have something extremely negative to say about someone's actions, thoughts, or opinions; I'm going to follow it up with no offense intended. It's called being polite.
              being polite would be not saying anything negative in the first place, are you saying its an attempt to hide your scorn behind false pleasantries?
              sigpic
              EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
              -Liberty Prime

Comment

that.
                was.
                AWESOME.
                i linked it to the 'ask you anything' thread, you didn't answer but now you have
                sigpic
                -Liberty Prime

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                  drill bra. lol.
                  Man, that trailer was something else.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

You'd watch a movie just to see gorey death scenes? I just don't understand this. When I go see a movie, I go for the story and characters
                    you must hate 95% of the movies ever made then.

it must suck to be such a critic.

oh well. i'll keep enjoying mindless fun and you keep hating life.

Comment

The preditor in #2 was no mere trainee, he was an elder.

Did it seem that he was personally offended by the existance of the hybrid?

According to the specials avp3 will have the Aliens homeworld! Ive wanted 2 see that for a long time. Id bet the aliens weve seen are degenerate from the dna of the critters they gestated in. I bet the pure specimines on their world of origin are massive and awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post

According to the specials avp3 will have the Aliens homeworld! Ive wanted 2 see that for a long time. Id bet the aliens weve seen are degenerate from the dna of the critters they gestated in. I bet the pure specimines on their world of origin are massive and awesome.
                        then it shall be worth watching just for that
                        sigpic
                        -Liberty Prime

Comment

Originally posted by rlr149 View Post
                          predators are the only interesting thing left in that franchise, thats why i watch.
                          Well, that explains everything.

it isn't 'good' either
                          That's subjective.

its 'watchable' if you turn your brain off for it, which i did
                          I don't turn my brain off when I watch a movie. Either the movie is entertaining or it's not. If not, I turn off the TV and do something else.

wanting to ONLY see movies about people does make you closed minded
                          Really? There are endless stories to be told about people, so how exactly is sticking to that closed minded?

i'd love to see things from the 'wraith' POV as well
                          Why? The Wraith only exist to provide the main characters with an antagonist that's nearly impossible to defeat.

its only arrogance/divine right(one and the same) that makes humans think they're more special than everything else. were not.
                          That has nothing to do with it. People want to watch a movie that's about... people... People want to pretend that they're a part of the story.

then they are wrong to think that, i present myself as evidence. case closed
                          You? One person? They should spend millions of dollars on a feature film so you can spend $8 or so at the movie theater? Are you kidding me?

and preds with human characteristics is just ugly ass humans!! whats the point.
                          What's the point? The point is to allow the audience to access the movie through relating with the Predator.

just make AvP2.1......... sorry meant to say 3
                          They are making a third movie, but it will feature Predators hunting Aliens from the Human perspective, just like the first two movies.

i didn't mind it, its brainless popcorn action
                          Brainless? That's a cheap shot. I thought the movie was quite good. It was funny and had lots of action. The characters were interesting, and the Transformers were more than glorified visual effects, which is what I expected when the movie began. Infact, the Transformers were interesting sometimes. However, Shia Laboof (spelling?) sold the movie for me. His acting was fantastic. The score was also great, deffinately of theatrical quallity. How is a slasher any deeper than a movie about giant robots? Hmm? Alien vs. Predator, Transformer vs. Decepticon, same thing!

'idiots' was a bit rough
                          Appology accepted. Thanks.

when i have the ability to define what you are or are not offended by, then, and only then will i take responsibility for your offended-ness. thats why they're "your problems"
                          You just don't get it, do you? Calling someone an idiot is offensive. Do you really not understand that?

and you say you're not contradictory?!?! and as i can't give an example of such a movie, you can't say it would fail on previous failures, or be financially inviable. and as you have now said they 'gamble' all the time, why not this then? other than you happen to like the franchise. and think you know how everyone thinks.
                          You have a point here. Since it's never really be done, I can't claim that it would automatically fail. However, I can give an educated prediction based on the movie industry.

and considering your shock at peter jacksons early stuff and the fact you can't understand why anybody would want to watch it, just shows how little you do know about how everyone thinks.
                          I'm glad I don't understand how such people think.

being polite would be not saying anything negative in the first
                          Being polite is how you say something, not the content of what you have to say. If you can't deal with negative feedback... tough.

you must hate 95% of the movies ever made then.
                          Where do you get your percentage from? Further, you imply that 95% of all movies ever made are horror movies. I doubt that. Where do you get your data?

it must suck to be such a critic.
                          I'm actually not that critical when I watch a movie. I just think slasher flicks are stupid.

oh well. i'll keep enjoying mindless fun and you keep hating life.
                          Wow. How did you come to the conclussion that I hate life? Nothing I've said in this thread indicates that.

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                          Predator 2 or Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem?

I doubt he had that much of an emotional reaction. To the Predator, the PredAlien was prey, nothing more.

According to the specials avp3 will have the Aliens homeworld!
                          Must they rob the Alien movies of their mystery?

Comment

Well, that explains everything.
                            no it doesn't, it explains what is interesting to me
                            That's subjective.
                            true, when you've seen as many films as i have though, you become a bit more reserved when assigning terms of quality, when you watch at least half the films on this list, i'll possibly think your opinion is somewhat more balanced.
                            I don't turn my brain off when I watch a movie. Either the movie is entertaining or it's not. If not, I turn off the TV and do something else.
                            i can see why

Really? There are endless stories to be told about people, so how exactly is sticking to that closed minded?
                            so those complaining about recycled stories and scripts in SG are wrong are they?

Why? The Wraith only exist to provide the main characters with an antagonist that's nearly impossible to defeat.
                            which makes them mysterious and interesting.

That has nothing to do with it. People want to watch a movie that's about... people... People with no life want to pretend that they're a part of the story.
                            fixed!, if i want to be part of a story, i'll play a computer game, that's why they're interactive. movies are passive entertainment

You? One person? They should spend millions of dollars on a feature film so you can spend $8 or so at the movie theater? Are you kidding me?
                            ahem.
                            they simply think no one
                            i am not 'no one', i am 1 person, there are others. therefore because they think 'no one' wants it, they are wrong about 'no one' wanting it. clear enough now, i've said several times i don't expect it will be made on my say so

What's the point? The point is to allow the audience to access the movie through relating with the Predator.
                            try thinking about their PoV instead of making them appeal to yours, that's 'open mindedness'.

They are making a third movie, but it will feature Predators hunting Aliens from the Human perspective, just like the first two movies.
                            who says hollywood is 'dumbing down'?!?!..........lol

Brainless? That's a cheap shot. I thought the movie was quite good. It was funny and had lots of action. The characters were interesting, and the Transformers were more than glorified visual effects, which is what I expected when the movie began. Infact, the Transformers were interesting sometimes. However, Shia Laboof (spelling?) sold the movie for me. His acting was fantastic. The score was also great, deffinately of theatrical quallity. How is a slasher any deeper than a movie about giant robots? Hmm? Alien vs. Predator, Transformer vs. Decepticon, same thing!

Appology accepted. Thanks.
                            i didn't so you're not welcome

You just don't get it, do you? Calling someone an idiot is offensive. Do you really not understand that?
                            i do get it, and i said it was your problem

You have a point here. Since it's never really be done, I can't claim that it would automatically fail. However, I can give an educated prediction based on the movie industry.
                            see the roflcopter gif again

I'm glad I don't understand how such people think.
                            i guess ignorance is bliss

Being polite is how you say something, not the content of what you have to say. If you can't deal with negative feedback... tough.
                            i can deal with the feedback, false platitudes when you've made a judgment that something is :
                            That's downright desensitizing. Seriously, that's some sick and twisted stuff there. Why would anyone want to see that in a movie?
                            you've implied i'm somehow sick and twisted for wanting to watch it............... so stick your pretend politness where the sun don't shine

I'm actually not that critical when I watch a movie. I just think slasher flicks are stupid.
                            obviously not!! your transformers review didn't give it away at all...... lol

Where do you get your percentage from? Further, you imply that 95% of all movies ever made are horror movies. I doubt that. Where do you get your data?
                            or maybe he's implying 95% of movies have no original story or characters.

Must they rob the Alien movies of their mystery?
                            sigpic
                            -Liberty Prime

Comment

what i was implying is that most movies don't take the time to establish characters and story like some movies do.
                              Just because it was mentioned - Transformers. Wait - there were humans in that movie? Oh I'm sorry I didn't give a crap about the human characters because THERE WERE HUGE AWESOME ROBOTS FIGHTING!!!

My point is that sometimes, character development doesn't mean jack. 100% of the time, a movie exists for entertainment purposes.

Was AvP2 a crappy movie? God yes. It had an awful script, and the plot was stupid. The visual effects were great, but you could never see them because all the action was in the dark. Did I CARE about character development? NO. Because I wanted to see Aliens fight Predators, and poor humans caught in the middle ripped apart. In fact, there shouldn't have even been humans in the movie at all. I would have loved a dialogue-less romp through anywhere with nothing but Predators hunting and fighting Aliens.

Not every movie is Citizen Kane - not that I would ever waste my time watching that wretched pile of garbage anyway...

Comment

Working...
                              X