Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely not the best installment in either franchise, but overall, I didn't think it was a bad film.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Had to watch it on the PC because they just won't play in my DVD (nor my friends either and she has a different machine) so that annoyed me. I found the lighting horrific, it was far too dark. I also thought the hybrid being able to spawn multiple others directly into a host was awful. Also the fact that they all seem to have been born so quickly.

Not the worst film I've ever seen but not far from it.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rlr149 View Post
        he sampled the new alien blood in the ship, its what gave him the ability to see the new pheromone signature the new alien/pred hybrid had. and he had more tech than the previous preds, theres nothing to suggest he didn't have some kind of armour upgrade which changed its properties to suit the new threat. his was a true 'hunt', AvP 1 was a test of 'predator-hood'(or 'rite of passage' if you will) in semi controlled conditions.

am i the only one here to have watched all of AvP:R or AvP!?!?!?
        I only watched it once, but you definitely picked up on more than I did. Guess I'll have to watch it again. But near the end, when the Predator took off his helmet and stuff, I thought he got the Alien blood directly on his face and nothing happened. Am I wrong about that?

~Dave

Comment

Originally posted by ~Dave View Post
          I only watched it once, but you definitely picked up on more than I did. Guess I'll have to watch it again. But near the end, when the Predator took off his helmet and stuff, I thought he got the Alien blood directly on his face and nothing happened. Am I wrong about that?

~Dave
          i've only seen it twice, and one was a bad copy, for 'final battles' though its safe to say that he had his very life on the line, a few acid burns are nothing in comparison. its not like a pred didn't survive an arm removal in predator 2
          sigpic
          EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
          -Liberty Prime

Comment

no, AvP is a desperate attempt to throw two separate movie entities into one movie after the success of the previous separate franchises, they were never intended for the same universe. and it was dark horse comics that did it first anyway. with a very similar story to the first AvP movie, in the late 80's.
            You're right, they were never intended to be merged into one creative world. I never read the comic books, so I can't comment on that. The only AVP I know about is the two movies. The first one worked, the second one failed.

i see your point, but plenty of people on here complain about the lack of 'new' story ideas in SGA, or just in general, i just gave one for AvP, and you can't say its overused and may actually make a better film, not relying on corny dialogue has its advantages.
            We're not talking about SG:A, we're talking about AVP. Your idea is indeed new in relation to the Alien / Predator saga, but it doesn't work. People want to see a movie about people. The draw for the Alien movies was to see how Ripley and friends would fight and survive the Aliens. The movie was never about the Aliens themselves, but rather about the people and how they deal with them. The same applies to the Predator movies. Both were about soldiers or cops trying to survive this alien hunter (the Predator) and stop his hunt. AVP may feature Aliens and Predators fighting each other, but the people are what carry the movie. This is part of why AVP2 failed, it had too much focus on the space monsters and not enough on the people.

non taken, i don't care what a faceless person thinks of me, no offense intended.
            I was speaking about people in general, not you in specific, if that helps.

AvP is more action than horror, 'aliens' is not even close in genre terms to 'alien'. and AvP 1 wasn't that engaging, i read the story circa 10 years previously
            I'd call all eight movies horror films. Some are scarier than others, but they're all horror. An action movie would be something like Indiana Jones, not Aliens. :s

i must be reading the wrong papers!!! how many 'acid for blood aliens decimate remote mountain town' headlines do you see for AvP:R to be realistic?!?!?!
            I was talking about the individual deaths, not the movie's premise. You can melt a person with accident, blow up their head, hack them apart with blades, stab them in the chest (same effect as chest burster), and so on. Replace the Alien or Predator with an existing weapon, and you get the same death more or less. While the space monsters are unrealistic, the deaths are, and that is why I found laughing at them to be gross.

Originally posted by The Prophet View Post
            True, I was expecting some plot to be in AVP-2, similar to the other Aliens films & AVP (I've not watched Preditor), but alas- it was, as you say, mostly a plotless slasher- which most horrors these days seem to be focused upon; which is a shame.
            I'm glad I'm not alone in my views. You should watch both Predator movies. The first one stars Arnold Schwarzenegger, the sequel stars Danny Glover. Instead of hunting Aliens, the Predator is dropped off on Earth to go on safari. His game: Humans.

Laughing at Horrific Deaths is similar to cartoon deaths- both are unrealistic- What's the chance of being crushed by a piano, or having an Alien Parasite bore its way out of your chest? Both are highly unrealistic- which makes it funny. Heck, I laugh at most things; but I'm not going to scream at something which isn't mildly horrific- if something does scare me on tv, I will recoil and try and hide behind the nearest large object (more often than not my surrounding friends).
            Let's use your piano example to illustrate how I feel... Seeing a piano fall on a cartoon character who then climbs out of the wreckage with irritated body language and birds flying around his head is funny. Seeing a piano fall on someone in a live-action movie with blood and guts squirting in all directions... that's not funny. That's disgusting and has me reaching for the fast-forward button.

But more often than not, it's just some actor who's fake blood is spurting out-
            True, but when I'm watching the movie, I'm not thinking of the person as an actor with fake blood. I've emersed myself in the story and am pretending that person is real while I watch. When something violent happens to that person, it upsets me.

Originally posted by ~Dave View Post
            Also, the lone Predator seemed to be immune to the acid/blood of the Alien/Predator hybrid. He/It got plenty of Alien blood on him/it. But the acid was still very caustic to humans.
            In the first movie, acid blood would have the same effect on Predators as it does on Humans. In the second movie, it had no effect at all. What was that all about? Intentional change or a total goof up?

Originally posted by Ice Wolf View Post
            Was an extremely poorly thought out and written film. The guys behind it should never be allowed near a successful franchise ever again. Seems like this one got Beavis and Butthead in control instead of the better talents in the vein of Scott, Cameron, McTiernan etc. The other movies had quality behind the scenes this one had crap.
            Well said!

he had more tech than the previous preds, theres nothing to suggest he didn't have some kind of armour upgrade which changed its properties to suit the new threat. his was a true 'hunt', AvP 1 was a test of 'predator-hood'(or 'rite of passage' if you will) in semi controlled conditions. am i the only one here to have watched all of AvP:R or AvP!?!?!?
            This doesn't explain how he gets Alien acid-blood all over his skin with no harm. The PredAlien Queen was the only one with Predator traits. Her drones were the same Aliens we'd seen in previous movies.

Originally posted by Mousie View Post
            Had to watch it on the PC because they just won't play in my DVD (nor my friends either and she has a different machine) so that annoyed me. I found the lighting horrific, it was far too dark. I also thought the hybrid being able to spawn multiple others directly into a host was awful. Also the fact that they all seem to have been born so quickly. Not the worst film I've ever seen but not far from it.
            Was your DVD a rental? That might be why it had issues with some DVD players. You can see the movie if you turn up the brightness. The hybrid was suppose to be a young Queen establishing a hive, thus bypassing the eggs and depossiting embrios directly. Supposedly, the traditional Queen would have done the same thing in Aliens had we seen the beginnings of the hive. As for embrios growing too quickly... this is a flaw of both AVP movies.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
              We're not talking about SG:A, we're talking about AVP. Your idea is indeed new in relation to the Alien / Predator saga, but it doesn't work. People want to see a movie about people. The draw for the Alien movies was to see how Ripley and friends would fight and survive the Aliens. The movie was never about the Aliens themselves, but rather about the people and how they deal with them. The same applies to the Predator movies. Both were about soldiers or cops trying to survive this alien hunter (the Predator) and stop his hunt. AVP may feature Aliens and Predators fighting each other, but the people are what carry the movie. This is part of why AVP2 failed, it had too much focus on the space monsters and not enough on the people.
              i said "or just in general" as well! i hear too many people complaining about all new stuff as being re-hashed, theres enough on here that think they can write better than the SGA guys!! i have an idea that might make things a bit less predictable and its shot down. and your argument fails because i am a 'person' and i'm not that interested in seeing another human fighting either species, i want to know why the preds do what they do. human survival instinct isn't so much of a mystery to me.
              and PIXAR would disagree with needing 'people' in a story, other than being 'plot devices'.

I was speaking about people in general, not you in specific, if that helps.
              i don't care what you think of people in general either no reason to stop the discussion though

I'd call all eight movies horror films. Some are scarier than others, but they're all horror. An action movie would be something like Indiana Jones, not Aliens. :s
              there are very few films that only fall into a single genre.
              from IMDB
              alien - Horror | Sci-Fi | Thriller
              aliens - Action | Horror | Sci-Fi | Thriller
              aliens is a sequel, you know what enemy will be in it, so the defining characteristic of the follow up movie is 'action' - aliens is basically "saving private newt on lv426"

I was talking about the individual deaths, not the movie's premise. You can melt a person with accident, blow up their head, hack them apart with blades, stab them in the chest (same effect as chest burster), and so on. Replace the Alien or Predator with an existing weapon, and you get the same death more or less. While the space monsters are unrealistic, the deaths are, and that is why I found laughing at them to be gross.
              not even close

Let's use your piano example to illustrate how I feel... Seeing a piano fall on a cartoon character who then climbs out of the wreckage with irritated body language and birds flying around his head is funny. Seeing a piano fall on someone in a live-action movie with blood and guts squirting in all directions... that's not funny. That's disgusting and has me reaching for the fast-forward button.
              i guess this won't be getting watched then

This doesn't explain how he gets Alien acid-blood all over his skin with no harm. The PredAlien Queen was the only one with Predator traits. Her drones were the same Aliens we'd seen in previous movies.
              if the pred had made it back home, how much mileage would he have out of that story 'down the pub'? and the minor acid burns he had would back it up, free drinks for the pred makes pain a distant memory
              sigpic
              -Liberty Prime

Comment

i have an idea that might make things a bit less predictable and its shot down.
                Ideas get shot down all the time. Try coming up with other ideas. I might like one of them.

and your argument fails because i am a 'person' and i'm not that interested in seeing another human fighting either species, i want to know why the preds do what they do. human survival instinct isn't so much of a mystery to me.
                As I've said before, people who want to see a movie soley about space monsters are a minority. A film aimed at such an audience would be a disaster. At best, you'd get a low budget TV movie made for the SciFi Channel.

and PIXAR would disagree with needing 'people' in a story, other than being 'plot devices'.
                You're comparing a horror movie soley about space monsters to a... cartoon? Are you kidding me?

there are very few films that only fall into a single genre.
                I understand that, but an R-rated movie about space monsters killing people is generally considered a horror movie. I don't know anyone, discounting message boards, who'd consider Aliens anything other a horror movie.

aliens is a sequel, you know what enemy will be in it, so the defining characteristic of the follow up movie is 'action' - aliens is basically "saving private newt on lv426"
                How does a movie about a killer space monster compare to a war movie? Both are violent and feature guns, but that's about it.

i guess (link editted out) won't be getting watched then
                That is truelly sick.

Comment

keep getting a 505 server error
                  Ideas get shot down all the time. Try coming up with other ideas. I might like one of them.
                  Spoiler:
                  It may be worth noting that Christopher Booker in his "Seven Basic
                  Plots -- why we tell stories" has a different take -- and it took him
                  35 years to draw his conclusions, having started in 1969!!

The man vs xxxx plots above would all be summarised as "overcoming the monster".

He gives us, (fogive me for desperately oversimplifying his magnus opus):

1. Overcoming the monster -- defeating some force which threatens...
                  e.g. most Hollywood movies; Star Wars, James Bond.

2. The Quest -- typically a group setoff in search of something and
                  (usually) find it. e.g. Watership Down, Pilgrim's Progress.

3. Journey and Return -- the hero journeys away from home to somewhere
                  different and finally comes back having experienced something and
                  maybe changed for the better. e.g. Wizard of Oz, Gullivers Travels.

4. Comedy - not neccesarily a funny plot. Some kind of
                  misunderstanding or ignorance is created that keeps parties apart
                  which is resolved towards the end bringing them back together. e.g.
                  Bridget Jones Diary, War and Peace.

5. Tragedy - Someone is tempted in some way, vanity, greed etc and
                  becomes increasingly desperate or trapped by their actions until at a
                  climax they usually die. Unless it's a Hollywood movie, when they
                  escape to a happy ending. e.g. Devils' Advocate, Hamlet.

6. Rebirth - hero is captured or oppressed and seems to be in a state
                  of living death until it seems all is lost when miraculously they are
                  freed. e.g. Snow White.

7. Rags to Riches - self explanatory really. e.g. Cinderella &
                  derivatives (all 27,000 of them)!!!

Each of these plots goes through 4 or 5 main phases which are
                  universally recognisable and re-used. Some stories choose to jump in
                  at phase 3 or leave early and often leave us feeling unsatisfied.

What is much more interesting is Why are there only seven basic plots;
                  how are they important. For this you need to read his book, but the
                  answer is connected strongly to the psychology of Jung, the Ego and
                  the Self.
                  spoilered for space, show me something that isn't on that list and i'll watch it all alien and pred movies are no 1, is the first AvP movie looking a bit less original now you've read that.

As I've said before, people who want to see a movie soley about space monsters are a minority. A film aimed at such an audience would be a disaster. At best, you'd get a low budget TV movie made for the SciFi Channel.
                  i've never been one for popular opinion thats how brittney spears gets attention

You're comparing a horror movie soley about space monsters to a... cartoon? Are you kidding me?
                  why not?!? animal farm is an allegory for the russian revolution, 'akira' is a cartoon and not really for kids, the other japanese one with the tentacle demons(urotsokidoju, or something) is also a cartoon, and is certainly not for kids. 'fist of the north star' has heads exploding every episode!! why are 'cartoons' exempt?

I understand that, but an R-rated movie about space monsters killing people is generally considered a horror movie. I don't know anyone, discounting message boards, who'd consider Aliens anything other a horror movie.
                  generalizing is bad, mkaay
                  How does a movie about a killer space monster compare to a war movie? Both are violent and feature guns, but that's about it.
                  i thought the movie wasn't about the killer space monsters!!
                  and i quote:
                  The movie was never about the Aliens themselves
                  ---
                  That is truelly sick.
                  'sick' as in skateboarder lingo for 'gnarly'? and i just ordered it
                  sigpic
                  -Liberty Prime

Comment

spoilered for space, show me something that isn't on that list and i'll watch it all alien and pred movies are no 1, is the first AvP movie looking a bit less original now you've read that.
                    I never said AVP1 was original. I said it was better than AVP2, because it wasn't a lame slasher flick. It actually had a story to tell. If you think an AVP movie could work soley about space monsters, then by all means... share us your business proposition on how this movie could make a profit at the movie theater or at least as a DVD release.

i've never been one for popular opinion thats how brittney spears gets attention
                    Popular opinion has nothing to do with it. I'm talking practicallity and business decissions.

why not?!? animal farm is an allegory for the russian revolution, 'akira' is a cartoon and not really for kids, the other japanese one with the tentacle demons(urotsokidoju, or something) is also a cartoon, and is certainly not for kids. 'fist of the north star' has heads exploding every episode!! why are 'cartoons' exempt?
                    I never watched adult cartoons, so I can't comment on your examples. Regardless, you completely missed the point I was trying to make.

i thought the movie wasn't about the killer space monsters!!
                    You just love to argue, don't you? When I say the movie is about killer space monsters, that's a discription of the movie's premise, not the characters. Perhaps a more accurate desicription would be people attempting to survive killer space monsters, but that's a lot to type, isn't it?

'sick' as in skateboarder lingo for 'gnarly'? and i just ordered it
                    I'm not a skateboarder, so I don't use that lingo. Sick, as in I feel something is wrong with someone who enjoys watching that kind of movie. No offense intended.

Comment

I never said AVP1 was original. I said it was better than AVP2, because it wasn't a lame slasher flick. It actually had a story to tell. If you think an AVP movie could work soley about space monsters, then by all means... share us your business proposition on how this movie could make a profit at the movie theater or at least as a DVD release.
                      i don't expect it to get made and i've already said that!! so you stop saying that! i would like it to be, because it would be different to the schlock they normally bring out, which you seem to think is fine. Avp is the same story as alien, only now we have a predator ally. boring! seen it! time to try something new maybe, the fact you won't even give it a chance says more about your constrained thoughts than it does mine, no offense intended.

Popular opinion has nothing to do with it. I'm talking practicallity and business decissions.
                      the words in bold have everything to do with each other. i'm not naive enough to think that my opinion alone will make a movie company make a film i want, as long as it was done well theres nothing to say it wouldn't be a better movie than either AvP!!
                      is your 'popular opinion' the only one allowed?

I never watched adult cartoons, so I can't comment on your examples. Regardless, you completely missed the point I was trying to make.
                      You just love to argue, don't you? When I say the movie is about killer space monsters, that's a discription of the movie's premise, not the characters. Perhaps a more accurate desicription would be people attempting to survive killer space monsters, but that's a lot to type, isn't it?
                      personally i'd prefer you being accurate saying what you mean, rather than saying 2 things that directly oppose each other within half an hour, however, 'popular opinion' might like you to be vague and contradictory, but i'm not one for it as i said. and yes, i do like to argue, avoided a few fights using it as misdirection

I'm not a skateboarder, so I don't use that lingo. Sick, as in I feel something is wrong with someone who enjoys watching that kind of movie. No offense intended.
                      stop saying that, i honestly don't care
                      sigpic
                      -Liberty Prime

Comment

i don't expect it to get made and i've already said that!! so you stop saying that! i would like it to be, because it would be different to the schlock they normally bring out, which you seem to think is fine. Avp is the same story as alien, only now we have a predator ally. boring! seen it! time to try something new maybe, the fact you won't even give it a chance says more about your constrained thoughts than it does mine, no offense intended.
                        I understand that it's something you'd like to see, not something you expect to see. I'm simply commenting on your idea. Afterall, isn't that the whole point of a message board, an exchange of ideas? I do not think it's fine to have the same schlock again and again. I told you that AVP2 was lame, because it was a predictable slasher flick that's been done to death. I wanted an engaging story. Regardless of the story, it's always going to be an Alien stalking and eating people, a Predator hunting people for game, or Predators hunting Aliens with people caught in the middle. That's the very premise of the three sagas. If you change that; then it's no longer Alien, Predator, or AVP; it becomes something else. If that's the goal, why bother making a sequel or spin-off when you can be completely original? In response to AVP being done already and wanting something completely different... it sounds to me like you're not interested in new AVP movie at all, but rather something completely original and unrelated. An AVP movie will always be about people dealing with Predators hunting Aliens. If you want something other than that premise, it certainly won't be an AVP movie. There's already talk of a third AVP movie, and guess what... it will revolve around people, just like the first two did. I am very open minded when it comes to stories, but I also recognise what kind of movie can and can't be made. I've said this once, and I'll say it again: people want to watch movies about people. Cartoons with talking animals don't count, because the talking animals are given Human-traits so the audience can relate to them. Perhaps what you want is Star Wars, a movie set in another galaxy where everyone is an alien or robot with Human-looking aliens as the main characters for the audience to relate to?

the words in bold have everything to do with each other. i'm not naive enough to think that my opinion alone will make a movie company make a film i want, as long as it was done well theres nothing to say it wouldn't be a better movie than either AvP!! is your 'popular opinion' the only one allowed?
                        I completely disagree with you here. Just because you think your movie idea is brilliant, that doesn't mean the masses will like it. When creating a movie, that is who you have to aim the movie at, because the masses are ultimately the ones paying to see your movie. My thoughts on practicality and business decissions have nothing to do with popular opinion. I'm just thiniking this through with logic. If you think the idea could be so successful, then please point out examples of movies featuring alien characters that did not look Human.

personally i'd prefer you being accurate saying what you mean, rather than saying 2 things that directly oppose each other within half an hour
                        I had hoped you'd figure it out on your own without me having to spell it out.

stop saying that, i honestly don't care
                        I am entitled to say, "No offense intended," if I so choose.

Comment

Regardless of the story, it's always going to be an Alien stalking and eating people, a Predator hunting people for game, or Predators hunting Aliens with people caught in the middle.
                          Not really their are still variation on theses premises. i.e Humans hunting the Aliens with the Predator hunting both or Humans hunting the Predator with the Aliens hunting both etc. But I agree in all the workable situations the 3 sides are still themselves.

Whilst Aliens vs Predator battles might look good on screen it doesn't work without the humans who carry the story. That I see as AvP2's failing the humans didn't really carry the story. What makes it worse is that some of the characters actually had the potential to but due to the poor script and directing of anything but the action sequences and even then their were some poor ones; they didn't reach that potential. On a whole the movie was extremely disappointing made worse by the missed potential. The movie didn't feel right for all AVP problems it felt like it belonged in the series AVP2 just didn't fit. It was a basically slasher flick or a b-grade movie with and a-grade budget. The other movies were more action-thrillers/horror.

AVP2 really proves the point that sometimes what you don't see is more important than what you do.
                          sigpic

Comment

I understand that it's something you'd like to see, not something you expect to see. I'm simply commenting on your idea. Afterall, isn't that the whole point of a message board, an exchange of ideas? I do not think it's fine to have the same schlock again and again. I told you that AVP2 was lame, because it was a predictable slasher flick that's been done to death. I wanted an engaging story. Regardless of the story, it's always going to be an Alien stalking and eating people, a Predator hunting people for game, or Predators hunting Aliens with people caught in the middle. That's the very premise of the three sagas. If you change that; then it's no longer Alien, Predator, or AVP; it becomes something else. If that's the goal, why bother making a sequel or spin-off when you can be completely original? In response to AVP being done already and wanting something completely different... it sounds to me like you're not interested in new AVP movie at all, but rather something completely original and unrelated. An AVP movie will always be about people dealing with Predators hunting Aliens. If you want something other than that premise, it certainly won't be an AVP movie. There's already talk of a third AVP movie, and guess what... it will revolve around people, just like the first two did. I am very open minded when it comes to stories, but I also recognise what kind of movie can and can't be made. I've said this once, and I'll say it again: people want to watch movies about people. Cartoons with talking animals don't count, because the talking animals are given Human-traits so the audience can relate to them. Perhaps what you want is Star Wars, a movie set in another galaxy where everyone is an alien or robot with Human-looking aliens as the main characters for the audience to relate to?
                            AvP was lame, AvP 2 was lamer, and if the 3rd comes it will also be lame, i will still watch it, but only to see new and inventive death scenes, because they are the only new things about it. you want to believe its a fantastic story, thats your look out, i've seen it
                            and again, i'm 'people' too, and i like movies about 'people', but not always because i have an imagination and curiosity about things other than myself and my kind(fictional or not) unfortunately for you the 3rd will be as lame because of the tenuous plot elements holding the 2 separate franchises together. decapitations will look awesome though.

I completely disagree with you here. Just because you think your movie idea is brilliant, that doesn't mean the masses will like it. When creating a movie, that is who you have to aim the movie at, because the masses are ultimately the ones paying to see your movie. My thoughts on practicality and business decissions have nothing to do with popular opinion. I'm just thiniking this through with logic. If you think the idea could be so successful, then please point out examples of movies featuring alien characters that did not look Human.
                            i can't, not really been tried, the money men are only interested in the 'sheep' majority, i'm willing to give an unpopular idea a go, you just want 'man vs XXXX generic movie #5949584'...............yawn
                            and i don't think it would be successful, too many idiots want transformers 2 and the likes i know business doesn't work that way, it works off what makes money, which is more often 'what is popular', which is where the 'narrow minded' transformers 2 crowd come in

I had hoped you'd figure it out on your own without me having to spell it out.
                            how can i if its vague and contradictory!?!

I am entitled to say, "No offense intended," if I so choose.
                            i'm more offended that you think i might/should possibly be offended by your opinion. apologize for that if you want, it would mean more.
                            Last edited by rlr149; 30 June 2008, 07:24 PM.
                            sigpic
                            -Liberty Prime

Comment

AvP was lame, AvP 2 was lamer, and if the 3rd comes it will also be lame, i will still watch it, but only to see new and inventive death scenes, because they are the only new things about it.
                              You'd watch a movie just to see gorey death scenes? I just don't understand this. When I go see a movie, I go for the story and characters.

you want to believe its a fantastic story, thats your look out, i've seen it
                              I never said AVP1 was fantastic, I said it was good. There's a huge difference between those two words.

and again, i'm 'people' too, and i like movies about 'people', but not always because i have an imagination and curiosity about things other than myself and my kind(fictional or not) unfortunately for you the 3rd will be as lame because of the tenuous plot elements holding the 2 separate franchises together.
                              You aren't people, you're an individual. A movie will never be made for you, me, nor any other individual; it will be made for the masses. That is how the movie industry works. I also have an imagination, and I am indeed quite curious. Wanting to see a movie about people does not make me close-minded. You can't possibly know if the third movie will be lame, considering it doesn't exist yet.

i can't, not really been tried, the money men are only interested in the 'sheep' majority
                              Maybe... just maybe... it has absolutely nothing to do with that. Maybe... just maybe... they simply think no one would go for a movie that isn't about people? Maybe if the Predators were given dialogue and more Human characteristics, it might work without people.

i'm willing to give an unpopular idea a go, you just want 'man vs XXXX generic movie #5949584'...............yawn
                              No, I don't. Man vs. Monster is a premise. There is more to a movie than the premise.

and i don't think it would be successful, too many idiots want transformers 2 and the likes
                              Idiots? Excuse me? I happen to be one of those idiots who wants to see Transformers 2. I'm guessing you didn't like the movie? In any event, I'd think more carefully about what you say before you type it. Others might not react as gracefully as I have.

i know business doesn't work that way, it works off what makes money, which is more often 'what is popular', which is where the 'narrow minded' transformers 2 crowd come in
                              I'm sorry, but you're wrong. The movie industry takes a gamble all the time on controversial movies that don't apply to the popular crowd. Some make a profit, some don't. We're not talking about popularity nor originality, we're talking about wether a movie without people would be finacially viable.

i'm more offended that you think i might/should possibly be offended by your opinion. apologize for that if you want, it would mean more.
                              When I have something extremely negative to say about someone's actions, thoughts, or opinions; I'm going to follow it up with no offense intended. It's called being polite.

Comment

Was your DVD a rental? That might be why it had issues with some DVD players. You can see the movie if you turn up the brightness. The hybrid was suppose to be a young Queen establishing a hive, thus bypassing the eggs and depossiting embrios directly. Supposedly, the traditional Queen would have done the same thing in Aliens had we seen the beginnings of the hive. As for embrios growing too quickly... this is a flaw of both AVP movies.
                                No, brand new R2 copy for an R2 machine purchased in a shop. Wierd thing is that it does exactly the same thing with AVP. All other films are fine in it, it just WILL NOT play them. When I called the dvd machine manufacturer about it they had no suggestions as they hadn't heard of anything like it. Maybe my machine just doesn't like the Aliens (and associated) films

The queen thing makes more sense knowing that, but I still think it spawned too many. We went from one hybrid and 3 face huggers to hundreds of them in one night. Flaw indeed.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X