No announcement yet.

Any Digimon fans out there on gateworld

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only thing Pokemon and Digimon had in common was the suffix at the end of their names, they were completely different. (cept maybe the evolving...)
    Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
      The only thing Pokemon and Digimon had in common was the suffix at the end of their names, they were completely different. (cept maybe the evolving...)
      they had little kids and monsters that in the publics eye mean its a pokemon ripoff despite not being all that similar other than that

and the Evolving was done differently as well since in Pokemon evolving was permanent in Digimon it was temporary plus you get the fusion digivolving and all that stuff

(plus Pokemon didnt even invent the concept but oh well)

Comment

It's in no way a pokemon ripoff. Digimon is way better than Pokemon anyway. Digimon was much more imaginative and more entertaining. I wish there were DVDs I could get of the series, that way maybe I could finally watch Tamers and re-watch the adventure series', which was undoubtedly the best of them all.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
          digimon had more depth
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Will Thorne View Post
            It's in no way a pokemon ripoff. Digimon is way better than Pokemon anyway. Digimon was much more imaginative and more entertaining. I wish there were DVDs I could get of the series, that way maybe I could finally watch Tamers and re-watch the adventure series', which was undoubtedly the best of them all.
            Pokemon had some really messed up episodes though that where either edited to peices though or just out right banned

I dont remember their being much like some of the banned pokemon stuff in japanese Digimon (though it was edited...)

Comment

*chews on pizza*
              I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
              Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

kharn the betrayer;8173386]I think there are fansubs out of Savers
                Actually if you watch toon disney the dubbed season 4 is on and has been for a while.

I am a really big fan of Digimon, even though my liking went downhill after the end of season 2, season 3 was boring, season 4 wasn't bad except they didn't have partners, and season 5 bored me all together because its all dumb tech, they don't even get their digivices from the digi world anymore. They are made in a lab (I think, I have never actually seen that many episodes of season 4 to confirm this. But judging by how they get them I'm at least 60% sure they are made in a lab).
                sigpic

Comment

uh I know S4 was released in America thats why i didnt bring any thing up Digimon Savers is Season 5 though which unless you know japanese you have to watch a fansub
                  Last edited by kharn the betrayer; 04 May 2008, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kharn the betrayer View Post
                    Pokemon had some really messed up episodes though that where either edited to peices though or just out right banned

I dont remember their being much like some of the banned pokemon stuff in japanese Digimon (though it was edited...)
                    English Digimon has been 'toned down'. During the translation certain words/phrases are removed (ones being deemed too 'adult' like mild swearing etc.) and bits are removed. I remember one episode, I think in season 1 they were taking a bath or something? The Japanese one had nudity but the english version doesn't. That, and the names are changed (Vamdemon to Myotismon etc.) but thats the only major changes in Digimon.

Comment

Originally posted by Will Thorne View Post
                      English Digimon has been 'toned down'. During the translation certain words/phrases are removed (ones being deemed too 'adult' like mild swearing etc.) and bits are removed. I remember one episode, I think in season 1 they were taking a bath or something? The Japanese one had nudity but the english version doesn't. That, and the names are changed (Vamdemon to Myotismon etc.) but thats the only major changes in Digimon.
                      well I did say it was edited but its not like what happend with Pokemon with certain episodes being just cut all together

and nothing In japanese Digimon exactly compares to James with inflatable boobs

http://youtube.com/watch?v=uRzyckR1JFE&feature=related

and Meowth having well uh this IMO

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LO7ih5TaAhg&feature=related

Comment

Originally posted by kharn the betrayer View Post

Though who can forget the seizures scene?
                        Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Didn't Season 3 retcon S1 & 2 into being fake? I liked the first seasons.
                          sigpic
                          "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                          ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
                            no the 3rd season was a completely different continuity from the first 2

after the ending Season 2 had they pretty much had to start anew with the series

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
                              not fake but a tv show with actors
                              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                                not fake but a tv show with actors
                                that was more of a reference for fans of the show though not a retcon

because really after S2 the shows pretty much are completely different from one another with different rules and every thing

its like saying the Dr Who cameo in Buffy Season 8 is Canon to Dr Who

Comment

Working...
                                X