This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
    I agree it wasn't scary, but some X-Files eps were meant to be creepy. It was a really strong plot driven story with great character moments. Nowhere near up to the standards of the first movie, but highly enjoyable. I absolutely adored this film, and the fact that it felt like a longer than normal episode was ideal to me.

There's been a lot said about the US/European reaction to the movie, Gillian Anderson said herself that it was more of a European film, as they don't do the whole sex, explosions, CGI thing that apparently Americans want. I agree I think. I find it dissapointing that often people think that only films with massive SFX deserve to be big screen.
    I didn't want sex, not between skully and mulder. I never wanted them to hook up it's just wrong. I always saw them as brother/sister rather than bf/gf. Just saying CGI anymore is so vague. There's tasteful CGI like trek/bsg where they use it to help tell the story. Then there's movies where the CGI is overdone and becomes the story. Mummy III, Matrix III, and War of the worlds are all good examples. I don't think they could have blown up anything, well unless you like exploding corpses?

I just wanted aliens.

Comment

The decision to not have aliens is because now, after 9 years of the show, the alien story is (apparently) quite convoluted. Although I wouldn't say so, let's see if I can sum it up in less than 200 words...

There is a sentient alien virus that has infected all life in the universe and posesses its host like a parasite, in a human it can gestate a new and more suitable body for itself, the Grey, an alien body with exception psychic abilities and shape changing capabilities. These aliens have been moving towards colonising Earth for decades and have infiltrated top levels of government with alien replacements - so called Super Soldiers. The date is set. December 22nd 2012 will see the final invasion. Men among our government lied to the aliens, pretended to help them so they could secretly work to create a vaccine to the virus. The vaccine was succesful, but the consortium was destroyed. Now our only hope lies with two ex FBI agents...

Would you look at that. 128 words. Not that complex... but anyway, that was the intention. Get people back into the X-Files before launching the major alien story again.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

The decision to not have aliens is because now, after 9 years of the show, the alien story is (apparently) quite convoluted. Although I wouldn't say so, let's see if I can sum it up in less than 200 words...

Would you look at that. 128 words. Not that complex... but anyway, that was the intention. Get people back into the X-Files before launching the major alien story again.
        I totally agree it's totally out there. The fun is the writers trying to make it so the die hards aren't tossing their popcorn at the screen in disgust and your average viewer isn't going huh the entire movie.

Comment

Hmmm.....

No. "X-Files: I want to believe" all the way. Second best film ever.
          I vote Batman.
          I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
          Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Mappalazarou View Post
            I vote Batman.
            You're out of line Admiral!

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Batman vs Mulder and Scully.

Go.
              I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic

Comment

Lol trick question they are all good guys, no one would win.

Comment

Dogget and Scully already kicked the ass of a Man-Bat, so Batman shouldn't be an issue.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Franklyn Blaze View Post
                    Lol trick question they are all good guys, no one would win.
                    That's a fair point, but we can find a reason to have them fight each other.
                    Dogget and Scully already kicked the ass of a Man-Bat, so Batman shouldn't be an issue.

Touche'.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Mappalazarou View Post
                      That's a fair point, but we can find a reason to have them fight each other.

Touche'.
                      'bad' jet li in the one vs 'bad' jet li in mummy 3?
                      sigpic
                      EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
                      -Liberty Prime

Comment

Originally posted by rlr149 View Post
                        'bad' jet li in the one vs 'bad' jet li in mummy 3?
                        You know a film is ludicrously bad when we can all refer to the main antagonist as 'Bad Jet Li'.

sigpic

Comment

People were walking out of the theater from what a friend told me.

I really enjoyed the first 2 films... but this one was a let down in so many ways.

Comment

It was also the shortest of the three movies... leaving a lot undeveloped, such as the Alex/Lin thing. Ok, so it was only 8 minutes shorter than The Mummy, but those 8 minutes were definitely missed. The way the Rick/Evie relationship progressed in The Mummy was masterful, so I felt a bit put out with Alex/Lin.

Comment

I've never really liked any of them that much, I don't understand how anyone could think it was a good idea to cast Brendan Fraser as a lead in such a film. He's such a douche.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                                I've never really liked any of them that much, I don't understand how anyone could think it was a good idea to cast Brendan Fraser as a lead in such a film. He's such a douche.
                                He wasn't the problem.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X