Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As much as Hayden Christensen ruined Star Wars I will be giving him and Samuel L Jackson another shot at this one and it looks pretty good to me and maybe I will check the books out soon too
    Vote Anubis for President in 2012
    A Face you Can Trust
    sigpic
    So whats the worst that could happen?
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by ChocolateLovingEntity View Post
      May I ask what annoys you about movie theaters?
      for me, it's the noise of people eating pop-corn or other bagged snacks, talking, making noise, not being quiet, laughing when it's not funny, and the risk of arriving late and not have a good well-centered seat...

But anyway, Jumper is on my list of films I'd gladly go to see in the cinema.
      Just by a reading a single sentence of what it is about, and a look at its movie poster. And I don't want to watch any trailer.

I always fear watching trailers, because when I saw "Terminator 2" at the theater, I hadn't seen any, and I was pretty sure that Arnold was the bad guy (machine, i mean) naturally. then when it turned out he was the good guy, after 1 hour of film, I thought the writers were clever to make this surprise to us. But then, back home I've seen the trailer of T2 and its "This time, he's coming to save him" stupid sentence! and I was shocked they actually revealed an important turn of events..

Can someone tell me if "Jumper"'s trailer is not too much telling about the storyline? Can I watch it without spoilers?

Thanks!

Comment

I'm excited for Jumper

But before I go see Jumper I might to see Cardigan but I do hear it has
        a few holes
        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Whenever I've gone to a theater I've always been near a group of people who chat throughout the movie or leave their phones on and cause a bigger disruption.
          River Tam: My food is problematic.

Comment

^^^ It's why I'm considering bringing a taser or two with me the next time. No matter where you go, some idiot and his cell phone are there, or his drunken friends who talk and whisper the entire time.

The last time in fact, a woman carried on a conversation in the theater while the movie was going on and wouldn't shut up.

Comment

I can't forget to mention this, while watching Return of the King someone shouted out "Where's Wolverine" repeatedly.
              River Tam: My food is problematic.

Comment

I am seeing this Opening Weekend. The trailer has had me excited for it since Day 1 of the trailer release

Comment

I do recomment before you go to see Jumper that you go see
                  Cardigan first, but it does have a few holes

Comment

*negs CLE for bad punning*

Comment

interesting topic yeah I just watched a trailer and it looks like a cool movie
                      sigpic
                      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

As much as Hayden Christensen ruined Star Wars I will be giving him and Samuel L Jackson another shot at this one and it looks pretty good to me and maybe I will check the books out soon too
                        Hayden Christensen didn't ruin Star Wars. George Lucas' direction and writing ruined Star Wars. I have seen all of the actors in the prequel trilogy in other films and they are all fair to excelent actors. Oh, and I plan on seeing Jumper this weekend, though I have also read some not-so-good things about the movie.
                        Time is an illusion... Lunchtime, doubly so.

Comment

Yep, planing to go see this when it's out. I saw the trailer for this a month or so ago and thought that it looked really good.

I was shocked when a father brought his 3-year-old son (maybe 4 year old) to see Transformers at the theater last summer! There was an empty seat between us. I thought for sure the loud noises and fast action scenes might freak out the poor child or that he would be fidgeting throughout the film. This kid sat through the entire film, never heard a peep out of him and I was able to enjoy the movie.

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

Actually got to attend the premiere of the movie last night, courtesy of NY Comic Con. It was advertised as a screening so we nearly got floored when ALL the cast stars walked into the theater, live and smiling and everything! On top of that, we got free popcorn and drinks - I liked the movie before I saw it!

I'll post my review after its release. But in short, I definitely enjoyed it. It's a special effects tour de force, and not a bad story. I didn't have the background of the novels, still I was able to follow most of the story.

Just sayin', I would recommend it highly. It's fun.
                            MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                            sigpic
                            Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Originally posted by pavaneofstars View Post
                              Yep, planing to go see this when it's out. I saw the trailer for this a month or so ago and thought that it looked really good.

I was shocked when a father brought his 3-year-old son (maybe 4 year old) to see Transformers at the theater last summer! There was an empty seat between us. I thought for sure the loud noises and fast action scenes might freak out the poor child or that he would be fidgeting throughout the film. This kid sat through the entire film, never heard a peep out of him and I was able to enjoy the movie.

Transformers was a cool movie....... But I had problems with it
                              when they took the fight into the heart of that city..... The
                              directors either didn't want us to see or didn't care but there
                              had to be hundreds, if not thousdands of dead people.

Comment

I'll probably wait for the DVD

I don't like crowds for one.

If you sit too far in the center, (getting a good view) chances are people block your exit, which make it hard if you need to use the bathroom or get refills.

Seats seem like they are designed for people 5' tall which makes it a pain when you're 6'4''

People laughing at stuff that's not funny. This is also why I refuse to watch any TV show with laugh tracks. No matter how funny or good the show might be, laugh tracks completely ruin it for me.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X