No announcement yet.

Blake's 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was one of the great BBC sci fi series and it had a very unhappy ending which I liked about it. I do wish the rebels had won but was happy with how it all ended.
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Anyone want a Liberator gun?

There's a replica for sale on ebay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2013079373...84.m1555.l2649

Comment

Hey wasn't there an episode where Blake and possibly Cally landed on a planet and there was a giant brain thing?

Seems that idea was copied in Doctor Who with the Ood Brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
          Hey wasn't there an episode where Blake and possibly Cally landed on a planet and there was a giant brain thing?

Seems that idea was copied in Doctor Who with the Ood Brain...
          That was episode Trial in the second season. Only blake went down to the planet.

Comment

No. I think he's thinking of Ultraworld in S3.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
              No. I think he's thinking of Ultraworld in S3.
              But there was no blake in S3
              Last edited by pakar; 15 March 2015, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pakar View Post
                That was episode Trial in the second season. Only blake went down to the planet.

That could be the one. Why did they have a giant brain ?

Comment

That could be the one. Why did they have a giant brain ?
                  In Trial it was not exactly a giant brain, it was a living planet.

Comment

In Trial it was not exactly a giant brain, it was a living planet.
                    Oh....... No not the one.

The episode I remember clearly had a giant brain like the Ood one but had either Blake or Cally standing near it.

Comment

Oh....... No not the one.

The episode I remember clearly had a giant brain like the Ood one but had either Blake or Cally standing near it.
                      Then it's Ultraworld from 3d season
                      Last edited by pakar; 26 March 2015, 05:19 AM.

Comment

Then it's Underworld from 3d season
                        It's Ultraworld. Underworld is Doctor Who.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                          It's Ultraworld. Underworld is Doctor Who.
                          correct. i edited it.

Comment

Then it's Ultraworld from 3d season

Thank you........ But why did they have a giant brain exposed and easy to hurt?

BTW the ending of B 7 makes me think of the present day with the level of surveillance in some countries like the UK and such..... Even more with my country adopting data retention laws and spying on every citizen "for our security" as that is the excuse given for these laws......

But you know reminds me of the ending of Blake's 7

Where the Blake's 7 crew discover that the enemies and the government are on the same side; the terrorists and the political class want the same thing. They want the plebs to be soft, complaint sheep.

How many other countries are doing this kind of nonsense and sorry for being political. But this has really riled me up.

Comment

Blake's 7 at Big Finish

http://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/blake-s-7-at-big-finish

Today Big Finish announce a number of changes to its range of Blake's 7 titles – including some permanent reductions in price across the series.

Big Finish have been proud to produce new titles from the world of Blake's 7 since February 2012 – incredible new stories featuring the cast of the original TV series. We've enjoyed working on every one of the Liberator's new voyages.

However, we're also aware of the need to make space for the exciting new projects Big Finish will be embarking on further into 2015; and so today, we're announcing that our earliest Blake's 7 releases will become download only items when the current stock has been sold.

To tie in with this announcement, we're also permanently reducing the price of the affected items in order to help collectors fill any gaps, with some special bundles for those waiting to catch up.

As of today, the first series of full cast Blake's 7 releases, and the special episode Blake's 7: Warship are just £5 each on both CD and Download, or £30 for a bundle of all seven stories.

Likewise, the first six box sets in our Blake's 7: The Liberator Chronicles range are just £15 each on CD, or £12 to download. There's also a bundle of the titles for £60 on CD or £50 on download.

You can also pick up the B7 Media mini-series Blake's 7: A Rebellion Reborn for just £25 on CD and £20 on download.

And finally, the first five books in our Blake's 7 book range have all been reduced to £5, including e-books versions.

Stayed tuned to the Big Finish website for more news on some exciting upcoming releases. And hurry while stocks last!

Comment

Here is a question: if a remake/reboot/reimagining of Blake's 7 was ever to be done which producer/writer/ director would you want to do it?

Comment

Working...
                                X