Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What other Sci-Fi/Fantasy shows do you enjoy?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Startrek: TNG and DS9. Tricksy USS Voyager. Hates it we do
    I "heart" Farscape. It has some of the most original characterisations and complicated plotlines.
    Honk if you love cheese

Comment

I like the original Star Trek series, ST-TNG, Battlestar Galactica, Lost in Space, Highlander, Time Tunnel, Tracker, Taken (the mini-series), Dead Zone and Charmed!

Comment

While nothing holds a candle to Stargate, I've always been a sci-fi girl.....

Loved Battlestar Galactica, all the Star Treks, but most esp TNG and (yes) Enterprise. (Enjoyed Voyager too, till the last couple seasons)....B5, Outer Limits, X-Files, Dead Zone, Farscape, hmmmmm seems like more, but my brain is running amuck!

In any case, Stargate rules them all.....

Comment

Oh there are so many...

All 5 Star Trek series, Sliders, Andromeda, Farscape, Quantum Leap, Roswell, Buffy, Angel, Smallville, Firefly& John Doe (which both got axed last season) Battlestar Galatica, The X-Files

Comment

I watch tons of stuff! My most favorite is Farscape though. It rocks!

I also watch Angel, Trek and other stuff thats not scifi.
            "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger
              So? Tell us about them? from the dark recessess of your past (Dr. Who, Blake's 7, UFO, Space 1999, Star Trek TOS etc etc) to the more modern stuff (Star Trek, Babylon 5, Farscape etc etc)

I'm a Dr. Who girl... those Cybermen still give me the creeps and the sound of a Dalek shouting "exterminate!" makes my blood run cold. But what a fab concept!
              Just remember Clanger, you asked...

Stargate SG-1
              Roswell
              Farscape
              Babylon 5
              Treks (all of them)
              Quantum Leap
              Buffy
              Angel
              Andromeda
              Highlander
              Taken (The mini-series)
              X-Files
              Outer Limits (old and new)
              Smallville
              Earth: Final Conflcit
              Dr. Who
              Poltergeist: The Legacy

I know I'm fogetting some...but those are the only ones I can remember off the top.
              Aadizookaan

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger
                So? Tell us about them? from the dark recessess of your past (Dr. Who, Blake's 7, UFO, Space 1999, Star Trek TOS etc etc) to the more modern stuff (Star Trek, Babylon 5, Farscape etc etc)

I'm a Dr. Who girl... those Cybermen still give me the creeps and the sound of a Dalek shouting "exterminate!" makes my blood run cold. But what a fab concept!
                I like plausible science fiction like "Star Trek", "Babylon 5" and "Stargate SG1". So naturally I loved "Dr. Who". Go figure! Well, it was funny. I like funny science fiction, too: "Farscape", "HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy", and of course SG1.

"If I've heard one Meglomaniac, I've heard them all!" Does anyone know that exact quote? It sounds like "O'Neill, but its Tom Baker's Doctor.

I also love, "Twilight Zone", and "The Outer Limits".
                Last edited by Hatusu; 03 May 2004, 09:23 PM. Reason: I forgot to mention...
                Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

I think B5 had the best villains so far (gotta love the Shadows and Mollari), until Anubis came. B5 was just kick ass (untill the final season, where they seemed to run out of ideas a bit). ST: TOS was a great thing to grow up with. Not to mention Star Wars (back in the OT, when Star Wars was still cool and kickass, unlike the prequels, which are just lame).

I do remember UFO and Moonbase Alpha 1, but that was... oi, some time back lol

X-Files was great in the beginning, then they started to slack and the final season was just bad.

Things like Highlander (while the first movie was a great idea the rest was just... bad), Roswell or Farscape made me fall asleep most of the time. I rather watch M*A*S*H before I watch one of those.

Comment

Right now I watch Stargate and Andromeda. I've tried to watch Enterprise, but I just can't stand Scott Baccula. I didn't like him on Quantum Leap, and I don't like him now.

In the past I've watched X-Files, Highlander (omg, love it), Buffy and Angel, Roswell, and every Star Trek series ever (although not by choice, mostly 'cause my dad watches them all).

And we musn't forget Dr. Who!

Comment

I didn't like Farscape at first but realy got into it on DVD this year. I'm pleased they are ting up the end. It felt very unsatisfactory to me! I also like other stuff such as B5, Hitchhikers Guide etc.
                      oldcelt1

Comment

Best-loved tv sci-fi series: Babylon 5.
                        Followed by Stargate SG-1.

Of the Treks I watched them all but preferred TNG and DS-9 overall.

Now, in no particular order,

Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea

Earth 2

Earth Final Conflict - until it became the dead-boyfriend-of-the-week show.

Time Tunnel

Quantum Leap

Buck Rogers
                        Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                        "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                        One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                        resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                        confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                        A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                        The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Star Trek--the Original
                          DS9--my absolute fav
                          Babylon 5
                          Andromeda (for the first 1.5 seasons)
                          Earth Final Conflict (for the first 1.5 seasons)
                          Buffy
                          Angel is starting to grow on me (in syndie)
                          Space 1999
                          Land of the Giants
                          Charmed
                          The Prisoner
                          The "V" television series
                          Alias (not sure if this show is fantasy or not)
                          Logan's Run
                          Planet of the Apes (TV show). Yep is was bad, but I was a kid
                          The Six Million Dollar Man
                          The Bionic Woman

Comment

I'm a fan of the originals of Star Trek, The Twilight Zone and The Outer Limits...all of which were off the air by the time I was born. I also remember Lost in Space, Buck Rogers and Battlestar Galactica, but not enough to call myself a "fan". I have all the Star Trek movies - yes, even that one - but I never followed the series after TOS. I watched the premier of Andromeda just recently, but just couldn't get into it. From what little I've seen of it, I suspect I would like Farscape, so I'll start renting the DVDs.

I am a bigger fan of sci-fi movies than I am of television...probably a result of my absolute intolerance for commercial interruptions. Practically everything I watch on TV is recorded for this reason...even the news (if you don't have a DVR yet...GET ONE! THEY ROCK!). I don't like to have my attention interrupted and I don't like feeling like I missed anything, so I'm glad that a lot of shows I have missed are now out on DVD. I also have a soft-spot for over-the-top or silly (John Bigboote, anyone?). I started watching SG-1 on Showtime for three reasons: I liked the movie, I had liked MacGyver and there were no commercials. Of course, it turned out to be a fantastic show and I was totally hooked by the time they switched to Sci-Fi.
                            Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
                            O'Neill: Who doesn't?
                            - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
                            - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
                            once done, cannot be undone...
                            brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Firefly, Buffy, Angel, Dead Like Me, Tru Calling, Jake 2.0, Tarzan, Red Dwarf, Taken...

Non Scifi:

Higher Ground, ER, Scrubs, Hope Island, Malcolm in the Middle, Dr Quinn (hot guys!), Judging Amy, Just Cause....
                              ------
                              Shelby aka JessMerrick

Comment

In a sort of chronological order...

Dr Who, Wonder Woman, Bionic Woman, Sapphire & Steel, Buck Rogers, V, Star Cops, War of the Worlds, ST:TNG, ST: DS9, Red Dwarf, Babylon 5, Buffy, Angel, Dead Like Me and probably loads of others I've forgotten.

I've never got into Blakes 7 or Farscape...
                                Oh honey. You say potato, I say vodka!

http://neuralgianostalgia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X