• Show
Clear All

i saw the first hell boy sunday and was surprised i liked it
    was meant to go to see the new one monday
    but nooo bf was to ill
    but it looks really good
    golden army remind me of the wraith from the few clips i've seen lol
    oops just saw the first page and saw that was mentioned
    "What we need now is a tactical retreat. Did you see the episode on Stargate where they found themselves on a planet with a culture based loosely on Earth Athens and Sparta?"

Comment

Originally posted by Bee11 View Post
      i saw the first hell boy sunday and was surprised i liked it
      was meant to go to see the new one monday
      but nooo bf was to ill
      but it looks really good
      golden army remind me of the wraith from the few clips i've seen lol
      oops just saw the first page and saw that was mentioned
      yeah, but they are actually elves
      Spoiler:
      Disclaimer:
      I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
      Quotes!
      - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
      - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
      - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
      sigpic

Comment

I saw it the other day too Gosh I sooo adore how Luke Goss can act with his voice. The makeup is kinda like a mask with all the white paint and the creepy contacts so so much of the personality of his character is in how his words are spoken...so emotionally rich...and anyone who can fight like THAT with a spear has to be impressive.
        I loved the whole twin brother-sister shared mortality and telepathic connection thing...I didn't think it was incestuous like Luke thought it was in one of the interviews...I wonder if Prince Nuada ever thought 'I better be careful to not get hurt and hurt my sister' or whether that was part of the reason they showed the hardcore training at the beginning, or was the bleeding nose the first moment they realized? I mean...how old are they? like thousands of years old...even before Prince Nuada was exiled there would have been plenty of opportunity to notice how his injuries in the human/elf wars affected her...they both looked surprised when they bled at the same time...or could proximity play a part? I like the whole idea of the telepathic connection in a way...how she would be...in a way watching over him while he was in exile and hence the reason why he was so immediately obedient to her when he returned

ooo oo and I looove Hellboy's 'oooohhh crap!' moments LOL
        "Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand!" Mark Twain (1835-1910)
        "But you see, just because we've been dealt a certain hand doesn't mean we can't choose to rise above it. To conquer the boundaries of a destiny none of us wanted. To try and retain whatever essential humanity we can." ~Edward from Twilight
        Historic Connections Ancient history resources business my Dad runs...go check it out

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
          yeah, but they are actually elves
          ahhh so THATS where Legolas got to
          he ment missing from middle earth several months ago
          "What we need now is a tactical retreat. Did you see the episode on Stargate where they found themselves on a planet with a culture based loosely on Earth Athens and Sparta?"

Comment

Here's an funny interview about the Nuada/Nuala duality
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anAD7pNTnUY
            "But you see, just because we've been dealt a certain hand doesn't mean we can't choose to rise above it. To conquer the boundaries of a destiny none of us wanted. To try and retain whatever essential humanity we can." ~Edward from Twilight
            Historic Connections Ancient history resources business my Dad runs...go check it out

Comment

I never saw the first Hellboy movie but, I went a saw HBII the Golden Army. I thought Prince Nuada stole the show. You understand why he did what he did. After all he was fighting to keep his people from becoming extinct. When the DVD come out I will get it.

LS

Comment

Originally posted by LiquidSky View Post
                I never saw the first Hellboy movie but, I went a saw HBII the Golden Army. I thought Prince Nuada stole the show. You understand why he did what he did. After all he was fighting to keep his people from becoming extinct. When the DVD come out I will get it.

LS
                What about that voice! didn't you just feel the emotion and the depth when he spoke

Comment

Originally posted by telpethoniel View Post
                  What about that voice! didn't you just feel the emotion and the depth when he spoke
                  Yes, I quite agree with you on his voice, so full of emotion and passion. A very pleasing voice too. I love how Luke Goss brought Prince Nuada's voice, facial expressions and body movements to life. I wish he didn't had to die

We need a Prince Nuada/Nuala stand alone movie before he decided to bring the Golden Army to life

LS

Comment

Some months ago i saw the first movie (Hellboy) with my girlfriend. It was ok, but definetly nothing special, also quite boring at some point. Hope the new movie will be better, though it's unlikely that im going to watch it anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_Sheep View Post
                      Some months ago i saw the first movie (Hellboy) with my girlfriend. It was ok, but definetly nothing special, also quite boring at some point. Hope the new movie will be better, though it's unlikely that im going to watch it anytime soon.
                      hellboy 2 is a lot more non-stop, and i can't think of any boring bits like i can sort of agree with of 1, 2 is a very differnet feel to 1 aswell. less dark, a lot weirder and surreal. and more fun and funny
                      Spoiler:
                      Disclaimer:
                      I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                      Quotes!
                      - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                      sigpic

Comment

If it's less dark it would be much better. In the first movie it was always dark, or raining outside. Also most of the action sequences were predictable and boring, i hope that changes as well. Not to mention the characters. They had no personality at all, they just were in the movie because they needed to, there was not depth. It really looked like a lack of inspiration to me.

Is the new movie going to be directed by the same guy who did the first?

Comment

Originally posted by Black_Sheep View Post
                          If it's less dark it would be much better. In the first movie it was always dark, or raining outside. Also most of the action sequences were predictable and boring, i hope that changes as well. Not to mention the characters. They had no personality at all, they just were in the movie because they needed to, there was not depth. It really looked like a lack of inspiration to me.

Is the new movie going to be directed by the same guy who did the first?
                          i meant dark figuratively not literally , but i guess it was less dark literally too action was good, and characters were more fleshed out too.

and yes, same guy
                          Spoiler:
                          Disclaimer:
                          Quotes!
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X