Lexx Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indeed and a hot uber-villain.
    Crowley: ‘Give Me Coffee or Give Me Death.’ It’s a funny name for a coffee shop.
    Nina: Everything else was taken.

Comment

Vlad

Drooling proto-blood...

Having a slight headache...
      Crowley: ‘Give Me Coffee or Give Me Death.’ It’s a funny name for a coffee shop.

Comment

I second that motion! She was always trying to lick Kai's face! lol

Comment

Vlad

Comment

I love that photo! Amazing! Kai is so indifferent. There will never be a show quite as weird as this one

Comment

Originally posted by Spice cake View Post
              There will never be a show quite as weird as this one
              So true. Which is why we like it.
              sigpic
              Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

After seeing all these pictures of Vlad I have began to realize that she looks kind of like my Grade 10 Art teacher. ahaha

Comment

I find it funny that throughout the series Kai rarely spoke more than 5 mins total in every episode. That is until Brigadoom aired we saw for the first time a full Michael McManus act.

It was a real treat and quite possibly my most favorite episode ever. I recently re-watched it and I can't help but hum the Brunen-G play.

A good way to die indeed

Comment

Vlad ...is someone I envied
                    "The center of every man's existence is a dream." - G.K. Chesterton

Comment

Some odd trivia...

After working from 1990 till Lexx in 2002, Minna Aaltonen (the actress portraying Vlad) appears to have left acting. She's only just now returning, with an upcoming credit showing on IMDb for next year.

Weirder: Older Vlad from the episode Vlad was portrayed by the same actress who was the Time Prophet in the first season. She also has not acted since Lexx.
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I was reading NPR 100 top cult films and there was no Lexx ...not even any one of the four movies in first season. I guess His Shadow is popular in Light Universe but he is not as hip as Darth Vader in Dark Zone although Death Star is not as powerful as Lexx

which leads me to wonder, Kai vs DV, who would win?
                        "The center of every man's existence is a dream." - G.K. Chesterton

Comment

I don't know, but Kai is definitely more handsome

Comment

So, did Baby Lexx eat 790 or what? lol
                            sigpic
                            Check out my blog/forum! http://williamtelltale.blogspot.com/

Sci Fi TV shows I have watched all of: Star Trek (all shows), Battlestar Galactica (All shows) Firefly, V (old and new) Caprica, SG1, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Universe, Fringe, Farscape, Lexx, Babylon 5

Currently watching: The Walking Dead, Falling Skies, Dr Who, Supernatural, Revolution, Red Dwarf, Under the Dome, Sleepy Hollow, Andromeda

Comment

Found out about Lexx 6 months ago and it floored me. There was so much to take in. Right away you're thrown into an ALTERNATEuniverse, an ellaborate, detailed, visually-rich story, which is weird, sexual, bizarre, but most of all, incredibly unique.

Episode after episode they either visit an entirely new alien location or planet. There's always a "where will this show take me this time?" aspect when popping in each episode. A lot of people just dismiss it as being a shallow wank-fantasy with nothing more to it than a puerile sexuality and sub heavy-metal-depth conceptual sci-fi, but i always point out that it has some really subtle and deep philosophical **** going on beneath the surface and some of the best visual metaphors I've ever really seen...

And in terms of epicness, it's by far the grander in scale of the sci-fi shows IMO, because it's so heavy with FX.

Lexx has something going for it that's rare and even exciting: it's just so damn imaginative. The plot can be hard to follow, the acting isn't always great, and the direction can seem pallid at times... but the art direction and just basic inventiveness and originality are remarkable. What Lexx does so well that few others shows can do is introduce you to a completely new world, something so fresh and bizarre that you can watch the same episode several times in different moods and have different experiences as a result.

And again, the art direction is ASTOUNDING: there are many scenes in this show, particularly the first and third season, that if frozen as a still and mounted as a poster would be better than the art in most people's homes. Most people either hate it or, like me, join many people who still think this is a series way ahead of its time, and the best & most underrated and underseen sci-fi to have ever graced the little screen...

That final episode...wow. Maybe the best one in the entire series. Closed it off on such a high note. With the recent sci-fi surge in GOTG and future releases Interstellar and Jupiter Ascending I'd be thrilled if LEXX ever made it back to the screens. It certainly still needs to be discovered my thousands, especially nowadays. I feel if LEXX premiered today, it could be HUGE.

Comment

Working...
                              X