No announcement yet.

Lexx Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The core cast should have been on the covers. Stan, Kai and 790 in the background and Xev in the front. Indeed it wouldn't be as appealing. Xev is a "hot babe" and it will perhaps increase sales.
    Crowley: ‘Give Me Coffee or Give Me Death.’ It’s a funny name for a coffee shop.
    Nina: Everything else was taken.

Comment

Originally posted by BerrySciFi View Post
      Lexx was a pretty disgusting, yet hilarious show... I would NOT want to eat or use the bathroom on the Lexx!
      disgusting -- yeah.. After much thinking about what was really going on with the science behind everything, if there was any (specifically medical) science, in addition to the dual humor, the series thrived in the bowels of human nature in more ways than one.
      as for Lexx's toilet, it had a creature inside that was similar or acted similar to anti-bacteria (anti-body) cleansers in your own body.. the one in Lexx licked the germs away, grosse, but necessary for creatures in parasitic living conditions. eeeeew!

Originally posted by BerrySciFi View Post
      I always thought Kai was cool. I liked that weapon he had. Very creative show.
      I think it was nicknamed by fans as Kai's scorpion brace (because of it's physical appearance / shape). In an interview, Michael McManus said it (the mechanics of the brace) actually worked. This is most noticeable when it is used as a grappling hook, when he pulls himself up with it.

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      I'll probably watch Giga Shadow tonight. I really liked the whole Cluster/Divine Shadow/Kai Prophecy stuff
      I liked Kai's story the most.. and that was all the way thru the entire series. It got interesting, in Season 4? when the stories had viewers guessing whether or not Kai was part vampire or not.

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      ...And the series finale was a nice send-off for Kai too. So it wasn't all bad. Just....mostly
      I thought the very tale ending was on the sad side. Kai and Xev had their moments, but why the series ended the way it did for Kai, Stan and Xev in the way it did just made it sad. Good for Stanley, tho.. it was basically a huge cliffhanger in a way.

Originally posted by geekywraith View Post
      Each season of Lexx is very different. My favorite seasons are season 1 and season 2. Season 3 and 4 had good episodes.

It's true that each time the Lexx visited a planet the mandrid drones followed and destroy it in season 2. Very bad things tend to happen when the crew of the Lexx is around. But with S3 and S4 it was different.
      I think the crew's naivity (Stan and Zev/Xev) is what caused them to get into trouble most of the time. 790 had intelligence, but its *love* streaks were distracting at times. Kai was the only crew member with enough sense and intelligence, but his breaking down in various ways, due to proto-blood failure kept his straight and narrow character off balance, as much as the rest of the crew.

Originally posted by geekywraith View Post
      Brigadoom was a good ep. We got to see Kai’s background and story. Usually I really dislike musical ep’s but this is was an acception.

Originally Posted by geekywraith(#11810536)

2.18 "Brigadoom" is a musical ep. Either you like or hate it. It’s Kai’s story.
      I had heard a lot of praise for Brigadoom, so when I finally saw it, I fell in love with Kai's story, as sad and doomed as it seemed.. but kept thinking about all of the pieces in that particular eppy for the rest of the entire Lexx series. I was surprised at the very ending (the very last, last episode in Season 4)
      Spoiler:
      when Prince granted Kai a *dying* wish -- and kept his promise of sorts, by giving Kai his full life back.. tho, it was rather very short-lived at that precise moment in time..

...I'll have to reply to some others in a separate post...

Comment

Awww man, Lykka, finished season 2. She was pretty awesome. I liked her better than Xev. Dang. Hahaha, that episode was epic though. They just destroyed the Light zone and now have their eyes on the dark zone. Craziness. I still wanna see more Kai episodes, he's just awesome. Only he could pull of that haircut.

Comment

Get ready for a big departure, season 3 is another animal entirely
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Thought I'd give the pilot episode a look, and I can safely say I enjoyed it enough to check out the rest of the series. It's quirky, and I like quirky. I can get over some of the crappier 90's effects, thanks to the quirky, the nice little core cast, and Eva Habermann's... everything. So yeah, I'mma going to go nuts and do some watching now.
            ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

@ jmoz

That’s great. Season 2 is good. Lyekka was a nice character. Xev well her looks are really distracting she’s a bit much at times. I agree only Kai could pull that hairstyle.

Season 3 only has 13 episodes. It’s a good season but very different. Some of you might want to skip a certain ep like Boomtown definitely not PG13 (since it’s a city that’s all about “booming”). Digi and a few others will understand…
              Crowley: ‘Give Me Coffee or Give Me Death.’ It’s a funny name for a coffee shop.

Comment

So...why would you skip it? That just makes it awesome!
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Well I said some people might but I think it's a good ep. I still remember poor Stan with all these chicks all over him.

Comment

Oh yeah the Stan part was hilarious in that episode. A true case of 'be careful what you wish for'

Comment

Indeed! Too much of a good thing to appreciate it.

Comment

"Manly Stanley needs a break"

Comment

He tries to get up but struggles since they are almost attached to him. Poor poor Stan.

Comment

A nice Lexx cartoon about green screen
                            Spoiler:

Kai has a unique hair style and he seems to like flowers...

S2 - ep twilight

S3 - ep Boomtown

Comment

Just picked up my season 3 set, very Xevalicious

Comment

Received my Season 3 today. Even if I already had the previous release...

Comment

Working...
                                X