No announcement yet.

Lexx Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah the crew of the Lexx do leave a destructive path everywhere they go. Mantrid is following them and he destroys every planet the crew visits.

You found ep “791” disturbing? I found it funny how Stan had to dance for that psycho 791and how awkward it was between Stan and 790 after.

Something crawling out of Kai’s head? It’s because of his beehive hairdo right? Not to worry nothing will crawl out of his head.

2.10 "Wake the Dead" A bunch of teenagers wake up Kai wrong and he goes on a killing spree. A hilarious episode.

2.13 “Twilight” Something is again wrong with Kai. He recites bad poetry and dances with zombies.

2.15 “Woz”
    Note the voice of the "Wozard" character. Actor Walter Borden also did the voice of his shadow. It makes me smile when he speaks…

2.18 "Brigadoom" is a musical ep. Either you like or hate it. It’s Kai’s story.
    Crowley: ‘Give Me Coffee or Give Me Death.’ It’s a funny name for a coffee shop.
    Nina: Everything else was taken.

Comment

lol it was both, disturbing and hilarious. Dang that's a shame. Was hoping some slumbering bear crawled out of his hair.

Wow, can't wait for those episodes.

Comment

ep "791"

Kai: if you two need some time alone...
        Crowley: ‘Give Me Coffee or Give Me Death.’ It’s a funny name for a coffee shop.

Comment

Hahahaaa, that toilet thing was eww and hilarious. I was kinda cheering Kai on as he was killing those teenagers, freaking morons, well not all of em, some were good. But yeah, that was pretty funny. lol, the planet destroying hasn't stopped. It's getting a bit serious now. Saw the one where the kid was the arm thing dude, sorry forget the name. Pretty crazy. Wonder what's gonna happen. They're kinda like the replicators.

Comment

Well Lexx is a living ship... The toilets, the shower and the feeding nodules are gross. “Wake the Dead” is a hilarious episode. The kid is called Norb from the ep “Norb” and in the not so good ep “White Trash”. Indeed the “Mantrid drones” are a bit like the replicators. Mantrid is the main villain in season 2. Kai is such a great character. When something is wrong with him it’s even more interesting.

Comment

lol, i like how he didnt care about some life but cared about that worm thing. I'm sorta starting to like Zev but she is pretty annoying, always getting them into trouble and ending up killing a bunch of people. But her heart's in the right place. She's too much like a Molly to me.

Comment

Kai has a sense of justice, he has many memories and is influenced by others. If someone is
                threatening he’ll behave in a defensive mode. Just like when someone is gentle he will be “calm”.

Xev is the new Zev… Well she’s part cluster lizard and that makes it in her nature to want to explore and put her crew in harm’s way. She can be annoying around Kai. Like Molly… lol I never thought of that. Kai wants nothing to do with her since he is a walking animated corpse and she’s obsessed…

actor Micheal McManus about Kai
                Spoiler:

Comment

I just watched that song and dance number they did. It was ok at times but seemed like an artistic demonstration more than anything at the expense of us viewers. I'd have rather seen the history play out in another form than that way. But I do like that one uh sorta battle chant, yo hay huh baroombunjee or something.

Is it just me or has uh Xev changed? Since uh that surgery place. Kai's pretty hilarious in his own weird way. He gets all high and has emotions at that place with that family where Lykka was eating, weird that she didn't eat those zombie things.
                  Last edited by jmoz; 19 August 2010, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Ep "Brigadoom" was like a theatre piece rather than the usual ep. Ep "Twilight" the planet affected Kai because he isn’t a living person. He acted all high with the poetry and the sort of ballet. The zombies where amusing. Lyekka doesn’t eat dead things so that’s why she didn’t eat them.

Xev changed? Not sure what you mean… Ep "Woz" the lustacon (spelled?) Is a loves slave transforming machine. It’s not a surgery. Xev was reverted to her former “ugly” looks and than restored back… Perhaps the actress had her lips inflated even more. Did you notice the voice of the Wozard? It's the same as his divine shadow.

Comment

I loved Brigadoom. Such a cleverly original way of telling a character's backstory. Perhaps the strangest ep (IMO) was the The Web / The Net two-parter. Very unconventional way of doing a two-part story.
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Ooh, box art for seasons 3 and 4 have been released. And I see they're fully going for the "sex sells" factor for all 4 seasons now

Season 3
                        Spoiler:

Season 4
                        Spoiler:

Source
                        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I have to agree with you... The previous box art release of Season 3 had Kai on it. Season 4 had Xev and Prince on it. It's not the Xev show like in Lafftrak... Why must Xev be on all 4 seasons box art releases? Oh right "sex sells"... *sighs*

Comment

Well, I'm not complaining anyway

Comment

Of course not...nothing to complain about. She does look great on the box art but it could have been nice to have Kai as well.

Comment

It would've. And Stan, and Prince, and 790

They're just not as drool-inducing

Comment

Working...
                                X