This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
    What did they say the monkey was last night? I thought they said it was a bonobo, which it wasn't.
    It was something along those lines....and was it ever adorable. The look on its face as it clutched the steering wheel.....

Comment

Daisies is officially renewed for a second season! It won't be returning for any more eps this season, but really there's nothing here to complain about. It'll get a fresh launch in the fall, hopefully that will build up the audience.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
        Daisies is officially renewed for a second season! It won't be returning for any more eps this season, but really there's nothing here to complain about. It'll get a fresh launch in the fall, hopefully that will build up the audience.
        I'm happy about the renewel. This is one of my MUST WATCH shows. I can wait til fall.
        sigpic
        I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
          I'm happy about the renewel. This is one of my MUST WATCH shows. I can wait til fall.
          Hopefully we'll get a DVD release of the first season between now and then- and with only nine episodes it should be fairly cheap.

Comment

I'm thinking about giving this show a try. I wasn't previously aware that Bryan Fuller is involved in the show(he of Dead Like Me and Wonderfalls). I love both those shows and am hoping Pushing Daisies is similar. Is it????

A lot of people compare it to the film Amelie as well. I adore that film so it's all good to me.

The Season 1 dvd set is pricey....$31 for 9? episodes.
            Last edited by MmmmMcKAy; 01 August 2008, 05:00 PM.

Comment

It's similar to both Dead & Wonderfalls but it's brighter than Dead and there are no talking inanimate objects.

If you go to ABC.com you can watch the first season, unless ABC blocks non US folks from seeing the eps.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MmmmMcKAy View Post
                I'm thinking about giving this show a try. I wasn't previously aware that Bryan Fuller is involved in the show(he of Dead Like Me and Wonderfalls). I love both those shows and am hoping Pushing Daisies is similar. Is it????

A lot of people compare it to the film Amelie as well. I adore that film so it's all good to me.
                This show is amazing- and apparently there is going to be a character from Wonderfalls appearing on it next season! (I can't remember who)

I've seen most of Wonderfalls (*sigh* haven't seen the last three eps) and all of Dead Like Me, love them both, and I think most fans of them would adore this show as well. Pushing Daisies is definitely the quirkiest of the three.

Comment

The Season 1 dvd set is pricey....$31 for 9? episodes.
                  $31! I haven't dared look at the DVD set- can't be tempted at the moment! Is it out yet?

Comment

It's similar to both Dead & Wonderfalls but it's brighter than Dead and there are no talking inanimate objects.

If you go to ABC.com you can watch the first season, unless ABC blocks non US folks from seeing the eps.
                    Yes, ABC.com blocks us from being able to see the eps. *sigh*

Comment

Quirky is good, very good. Brighter than DLM is okay too.

We Canadians cannot watch any episodes online at American stations. So I'll have to wait for the box set.

DVD set comes out Sept. 16th, I believe.

Comment

Bummer deal guys, but don't feel bad...Americans can't watch eps on Canadian or UK websites either.
                        sigpic

Comment

Quirky is good, very good. Brighter than DLM is okay too.

We Canadians cannot watch any episodes online at American stations. So I'll have to wait for the box set.

DVD set comes out Sept. 16th, I believe.
                          SEPTEMBER 16TH! YAY! That's the day before my birthday! Maybe I will get it.....if I hint enough.

For some reason I was thinking it would probably be August, this works better.
                          Bummer deal guys, but don't feel bad...Americans can't watch eps on Canadian or UK websites either.
                          Ahhhh, but the difference is that we don't really have anything worth watching. Aside from Corner Gas.

Comment

SEPTEMBER 16TH! YAY! That's the day before my birthday! Maybe I will get it.....if I hint enough.

Ahhhh, but the difference is that we don't really have anything worth watching. Aside from Corner Gas.
                            Ha! That's exactly what I was going to say.

I'll probably spring for the dvd despite the cost. Shame on me!!!!
                            Last edited by MmmmMcKAy; 01 August 2008, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Not so. There were a couple of other shows that I enjoyed, but sadly they didn't last.
                              sigpic

Comment

Not so. There were a couple of other shows that I enjoyed, but sadly they didn't last.
                                See I don't even bother watching homegrown comedies and dramas because they always get canceled. Or are terrible to begin with and then get canceled. Or look just plain boring to me.

Aside from Corner Gas. Which is ending next year!

Comment

Working...
                                X