Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cloverfield (spoilers, speculation, clue hunting)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most of the classic Japanese monsters were ocean-based, not just Godzilla. And of course there's everybody's favorite Elder God, Cthulhu, as well as some of his kin. And I don't recall anyone trying to claim that Cloverfield was some kind of sooper-dooper 100% original movie, either. That'd be kinda silly, because it's nothing of the sort. It isn't a 100% rip-off, either. It's just a standard monster movie with an American flair. which is pretty much what I thought it was supposed to be. Hyped to hell and generating a LOT of curiosity, but not the cornerstone of a cinematic revolution.

Comment

I know I picked Godzilla as it was the most recognizable

I mean how many people would recognize Manda, Ebirah, Gezora ect ect?

Comment

Originally posted by kharn the betrayer View Post
        well I dont think any one was saying this was the only giant sea monster movie...

I mean *looks at Godzilla*

Nooo I meant the bloop thing is real... No one has any idea of what
        it could be.
        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

they found some interesting stuff at lake Champlange too that they couldn't explain. Under water noises I mean.

Oh there are some great pics on some of the Cloverfield sites now of a man in a small boat surrounded by water and whale carcasses with giant Clover sized bites taken out of them.
          Jack likes being invisible.

(in shower) Sir, are you in here?

(invisible) Nope.

Comment

Brilliant movie, probably one of the best I've seen since 300. Only problem I had was the guy finding the girl he loved alive, I know alot of the film was about him gettng to her but imo it would've been a better twist if she was dead. Also kind of weird to think that huge monster was only a baby, what bout the mummy and daddy, how big would they be .

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
              Brilliant movie, probably one of the best I've seen since 300. Only problem I had was the guy finding the girl he loved alive, I know alot of the film was about him gettng to her but imo it would've been a better twist if she was dead. Also kind of weird to think that huge monster was only a baby, what bout the mummy and daddy, how big would they be .
              not only is it a baby its thousands of years old...

how old must mommy and daddy be as well :X

Comment

Good point, might be something worth including in a sequal. I really hope they do a sequal, I hate not knowing the conclusion , there was that guy on the bridge also with a videocamera, might get to see his story and he'll live longer to see what happens to the creature.

Comment

can somebody post a pic of teh thing? i can't find one:~

Comment

Very good point. I'd definitely be for a sequel, where hopefully, some more answers would be provided.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I'm not sure you CAN find a pick of Clover right now. The studio had them all taken down every where they popped up.
                      Jack likes being invisible.

(in shower) Sir, are you in here?

(invisible) Nope.

Comment

Some fan art based on Cloverfield

http://bp3.blogger.com/_Y4zDX_DEIGo/...TheMonster.jpg

and

http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=105x7329359

I can't vouch for these but they look pretty close

Anyway I wasn't that thrilled with the movie but that's life I guess.

Comment

That second design might be right but the size definately isn't. Look at the size of it's claws, the scene where the statue of liberty's head comes flying down the street we can see clear claw marks on it, if the creature in that design had swiped at the head there wouldn't of been anything left.

Comment

while I prefer the giant whale monster design the monster in the movie looks nothing like it

http://dokiestudioz.deviantart.com/a...nster-75228210

^that is the closest fantart iv seen for the monster(the only thing off is the end of the tail)

and heres asome funny fanart making fun of certain scenes

http://takeru-san.deviantart.com/art...-Hobo-75727807
                            http://takeru-san.deviantart.com/art...l-Fan-75705432

Comment

Well I'm not a big fan of the movie so I can't wait for
                              someone to take the piss out of it.

Southpark would have a field day with this if they were making
                              more episodes.

Comment

That lookd closer than the whale but still not right. Like you said the tail is off, the head is too wide aswell, the creature had kind of a mix between the whale and that pic head with the basic shape of the whale but with the puffy cheek things and sharper teeth. Also the small arms weren't that long, they were shaped more like a t-rex's arms, though a tiny bit longer than a T-rex's. I think facially and torso wise this pic is closer VVVV, with the legs of your pic kharn and the t-rexish arms, I'll do a sketch of it sometime.

Comment

Working...
                                X