Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would alien invaders really need to be that advanced?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could see that working in a galaxy with super-luminal transportation methods, I'm not so sure it would work with just Orion type drives.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

They would need to be at least advanced enough to transport a large enough invasion force to Earth, they would be taking on an entire planet's population after all.
      sigpic
      Although bow ties are cool, the scarf is cooler!

Comment

Originally posted by 4thDoctor View Post
        They would need to be at least advanced enough to transport a large enough invasion force to Earth, they would be taking on an entire planet's population after all.
        That was kinda already addressed. They could just bomb the snot of the planet to avoid a ground war.
        All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
          as mapp said in space ships they'd have to be more advanced however there's no reason why they couldn't use projectile weaponry, missiles, nukes...same as us. it's all a matter of numbers. but then again cavemen could take over america if there was enough of them.
          logistics, they have to carry all ammo with them, on the uncertain premise they can 'take' us quickly.
          if they were on a similar level as us(space travel not withstanding) then its a good bet it will turn into a long term war, which we would win on a resource basis. alien invasion is only practical if they 'outgun' us or can transport troops/equipment the vast distances involved easily and quickly.

it does depend on their win scenario though, if they want to use the planet then they need to keep the condition of it reasonable........ nuking everything from orbit won't achieve that, unless they live in a similar environment!
          sigpic
          EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
          -Liberty Prime

Comment

Working...
          X