Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Terminator TV Show - "The Sarah Connor Chronicles" - "SPOILERS FOR ALL EPISODES"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bliv View Post
    If they are steering clear of the T3 material then I'd be interested to see where this series takes the story. I'm sure the main action will involve running from Terminators but hopefully they can build other interesting story arcs. I'm not sure the pilot would be a great indicator of what a typical show is like. Will be interesting.
    The creators has a plan out for the first 4 seasons.

*Pauses for laugher at the fact a Fox sci-fi show lasting 4 seasons*

I hope they are 13 episode seasons, I think the show would be much tighter that way. But really throwing out T3 means they can do anything. Hell at the end of a season we could find out they failed and have the next season about the war. All that is known is that Skynet will have a great role in the show, which is kind of like "Robots from the future travel time" type of "DUUUHHHH!"

Comment

Originally posted by DragonGate View Post
      *peeps in from lurk*

Initially, their roles weren't all that big. Their roles got bigger later in each series when they were older.

*goes back to lurk*
      Well, Ciroc Lofton did; Wil Wheaton, not so much. He left the show.

Originally posted by Oreo View Post

*Pauses for laugher at the fact a Fox sci-fi show lasting 4 seasons*

I hope they are 13 episode seasons, I think the show would be much tighter that way. But really throwing out T3 means they can do anything. Hell at the end of a season we could find out they failed and have the next season about the war. All that is known is that Skynet will have a great role in the show, which is kind of like "Robots from the future travel time" type of "DUUUHHHH!"
      I hope they decide to go with thirteen episode seasons as well- I wish that was a format that networks would embrace a little more. Some shows just aren't made for a twenty-two episode season, and some are. And I'd be more likely to watch more shows if the seasons were shorter, and staggered out a bit more.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
        I hope they decide to go with thirteen episode seasons as well- I wish that was a format that networks would embrace a little more. Some shows just aren't made for a twenty-two episode season, and some are. And I'd be more likely to watch more shows if the seasons were shorter, and staggered out a bit more.
        i've noticed a lot of shows are cutting back to 20 ep's per season these day, like stargate obviously, but 13 eps is a fine number, BSG season 1 was fine at 13 eps, the 4400 except season 1 is 13 eps per season, and obviously DW, which does fine on 13 eps, for a start it's a money saver, and it means a network can afford to make 3 different series for the price of 2, with less risk and more to gain by trying out new stuff. the only probalem is, when a season finished you need to wait 7 extra week for the start of the next season
        Spoiler:
        Disclaimer:
        I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
        Quotes!
        - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
        - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
        - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
          i've noticed a lot of shows are cutting back to 20 ep's per season these day, like stargate obviously, but 13 eps is a fine number, BSG season 1 was fine at 13 eps, the 4400 except season 1 is 13 eps per season, and obviously DW, which does fine on 13 eps, for a start it's a money saver, and it means a network can afford to make 3 different series for the price of 2, with less risk and more to gain by trying out new stuff. the only probalem is, when a season finished you need to wait 7 extra week for the start of the next season
          That is a downside- I don't like waiting so long for Doctor Who, but then because it is so focused on making thirteen solid episodes (for the most part), it's just that much better and that makes me desperate for the new season all the more!

Plus, if networks aren't investing as much money into a single show, I think that they'd be more likely to take greater creative risks with new programs- and I really want to see them do that. I've watched enough tv to know that I don't want to watch some mediocre new show that's been done before. As a viewer, I'm looking for the shows that seem to be willing to take risks and go against the tide. "Pushing Daisies" grabbed me in that way this year. "Heroes" did it last year. Hec, if this were an accepted model a few years ago, "Firefly" might have survived.

Comment

So let me get this Straight:
            In Terminator one, it took them a couple of days to kill the Terminator.
            Same story with Terminator 2.
            But in "The Sarah Connor Chronicles" A terminator will be chainsing them for 2-4 years?

SOAP-OPERA!

P.S: Does anyone know what model/type of terminator are they going to use in "The Sarah Connor Chronicles"?
            We are born capable of greatness... If we are to be who we are, and what we are; if we are to accomplish great things, then we must learn the heart's most essential rule:

Comment

I only watch one show, Stargate: Atlantis. It's hard enough waiting for the short 20-episode seasons. I remember back when SG-1 had 22-episode seasons and Star Trek had 26-episode seasons. 13 episodes for a season is just too short. I want to see more episodes!
              Originally posted by EarthandBeyond View Post
              So let me get this Straight: In Terminator one, it took them a couple of days to kill the Terminator. Same story with Terminator 2. But in "The Sarah Connor Chronicles" A terminator will be chainsing them for 2-4 years? SOAP-OPERA!

P.S: Does anyone know what model/type of terminator are they going to use in "The Sarah Connor Chronicles"?
              I condensed your post to save space. In each Terminator movie, it took a few days to terminate the Terminator. The Sarah Connor Chronicles will not feature a Terminator chasing them for 2-4 years. Even if it did, a recurring villain does not make it a soap-opera anymore than Apophis, Anubis, Ba'al or any other recurring SG-1 villain made SG-1 a soap-opera. That said, here's a spoiler for the first episode.
              Spoiler:
              In the pilot, two Terminators arive from the future. One is a protector and a main character. The other is out to get John Connor, but he is destroyed by the end of the episode.

This means that if a Terminator shows up from the future, he may last one episode, a few episodes, or become a recurring villain. Think of the Terminators being handled like the Goa'uld on SG-1. Some come and go, and some get defeated in their first episode.
              Last edited by Daniel Jackson; 10 October 2007, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by EarthandBeyond View Post
                But in "The Sarah Connor Chronicles" A terminator will be chainsing them for 2-4 years?
                No, like a said several times now the Terminators aren't the main badguys, Skynet (I typed in Skylap. lol) is. There are really 3 bad guys in the show, all of which are completely different. They are... minor spoilers that aren't really spoilers but some people are freaks....
                Spoiler:
                The Terminators, the FBI, and Skyney
                I think the T will be in several episodes, but not all of them.

Plus if you watch the pilot the ending changes a lot, obviously I'm not going to say what it is because it's huge! It's even too big for spoiler code.

Comment

SciFi Chick: Sarah Connor Chronicles News - Premiere Date:

From the SciFi Chick blog update for Oct. 17:

http://scifichick.com/

October 17th, 2007

Sarah Connor Chronicles News

I just received an email from Josh Friedman (Creator/Executive Producer), and Sarah Connor Chronicles has a premier date: Monday, January 14 at 8pm, next to 24. [on FOX]

Here’s hoping the ideal spot will help with great ratings!

Also confirmed by Zap2It:

http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-sa...news-headlines

FOX Terminates Suspense, Sets 'Sarah Connor Chronicles' Premiere

Originally scheduled for Sundays, 'Terminator' spin-off will air with '24' on Mondays

October 16, 2007

The Sarah Connor Chronicles'Judgment Day will be Jan. 14, 2008.

(Please follow the link for the complete article. Photo at the site.)

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                  SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                  Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Will Dancing with the "Stars" be on in January?

They still should show it after the Super Bowl, it would be a huge hit. Plus the 8pm time slot is weird. They should move it to 9pm and move 24 to 8pm. But I rather have it on Monday then Sunday.

Now let's hope Fox shows as many ads for TSCC as it did with Drive.

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
                      SciFi Chick: Sarah Connor Chronicles News - Premiere Date:

From the SciFi Chick blog update for Oct. 17:

http://scifichick.com/

October 17th, 2007

Sarah Connor Chronicles News

I just received an email from Josh Friedman (Creator/Executive Producer), and Sarah Connor Chronicles has a premier date: Monday, January 14 at 8pm, next to 24. [on FOX]

Here’s hoping the ideal spot will help with great ratings!

Also confirmed by Zap2It:

http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-sa...news-headlines

FOX Terminates Suspense, Sets 'Sarah Connor Chronicles' Premiere

Originally scheduled for Sundays, 'Terminator' spin-off will air with '24' on Mondays

October 16, 2007

The Sarah Connor Chronicles'Judgment Day will be Jan. 14, 2008.

(Please follow the link for the complete article. Photo at the site.)
                      Awww frak.....this probably means that there will be conflict between TSCC, 24, and Heroes, somewhere in our schedule if Global doesn't buy TSCC. Though 8pm might be alright.

Why does everything have to be on on Monday? Why not Thursday? Nothing ever airs on Thursday.....

Comment

ABC owns Thursday. Tuesday has a lot of stuff, Wednesday is pretty busy but they could fit it. Thursday it would be killed. Monday at 8pm is the best time, there is nothing else on. Chuck should be canceled by then.

Comment

ABC owns Thursday. Tuesday has a lot of stuff, Wednesday is pretty busy but they could fit it. Thursday it would be killed. Monday at 8pm is the best time, there is nothing else on. Chuck should be canceled by then.
                          Are you serious? What the frak is on on Thursday?

Comment

Ugly Betty, Grey's Whores.

The only places I can think of where their isn't huge shows on are Fridays (dead) and Monday at 8pm. Wednesday at 8pm works ok too.

Comment

Ugly Betty, Grey's Whores.

The only places I can think of where their isn't huge shows on are Fridays (dead) and Monday at 8pm. Wednesday at 8pm works ok too.
                              Wed at 8 = no way. Pushing Daisies. Which I would then be forced to cheer on over TSCC.

I wouldn't think they'd be worried about Grey's Anatomy for TSCC- that's like a completely different audience.....

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                                Wed at 8 = no way. Pushing Daisies. Which I would then be forced to cheer on over TSCC.

I wouldn't think they'd be worried about Grey's Anatomy for TSCC- that's like a completely different audience.....
                                Not really.

Pushing Daisy's ratings will drop, I doubt it gets picked up for a second season. PD is cute, TSCC is not. However Grey's has a lot of whores and that might get the guys attention.

Plus Fox has game show night on Thursday. Mondays are really the only place to stick TSCC, but what will happen to Prison Break?

Comment

Working...
                                X