Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sci-Fi/Fantasy Book Discussion/Appreciation Anyone..??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mimzy View Post
    Neil Jordan. Apparently...

It's kinda odd, b/c in January of this year, Gaiman said that the project had apparently tanked financially, but then I found articles from May of this year that made it sound like the project is apparently back on and that Gaiman is writing the screenplay.

I'm seriously confused now.
    imdb has it as in development and due out in 2011?. I saw the same on another site as well. So who knows lol. I do hope to see a movie adaptation of it.
    sigpic

Comment

So, that analyzer thing says that I apparently write mostly like Dan Brown and Isaac Asimov.

That was quite unexpected. O_o
      "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
      sigpic
      Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
        Wicked by Gregory Maguire? I have that and Mirror Mirror by him. But have only read Wicked so far, which was really good.
        Yep.

Finished Night's Master last night and started on book 4 of the WOT.
        sigpic

Comment

imdb has it as in development and due out in 2011?. I saw the same on another site as well. So who knows lol. I do hope to see a movie adaptation of it.
          I hope so too. I still have to finish it. But I love it so much of what I've read, and it would make an amazing movie.
          sigpic
          Sig by ME!!!

Comment

I am in the process of reading Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol. Very intriguing
            no means no, and so does pepper spray
            Sig by The Carpenter
            sigpic

Comment

I finished reading the sequel to How to Train Your Dragon, How to Be A Pirate. I didn't like it as much as I did the first one, but it was still pretty good. And funny. Cressida Cowell has a great sense of humor
              sigpic
              Sig by ME!!!

Comment

I'm currently reading The Dragon and the Unicorn by A. A. Attanasio. It seems pretty good so far.
                sigpic

Comment

I'm currently reading The Dragon and the Unicorn by A. A. Attanasio. It seems pretty good so far.
                  Sounds interesting. What's it about?
                  sigpic
                  Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Sounds interesting. What's it about?
                    Its a take on Arthurian legend, its part of a series. I like the author's writing style its very pretty.
                    sigpic

Comment

Its a take on Arthurian legend, its part of a series. I like the author's writing style its very pretty.
                      Ooh I'm quite obsessed with the Arthurian legend stuff. I'll have to check that out sometime.
                      sigpic
                      Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Not scifi, but I really enjoyed them. The Ghost Stories of Edith Wharton. Kerfol was so good.
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm now reading Servant of the Bones by Anne Rice. It's also pretty good so far.
                          sigpic

Comment

Ooh I'm quite obsessed with the Arthurian legend stuff. I'll have to check that out sometime.
                            If you like Arthurian stuff, try the Fionavar tapesty by Guy Gavriel Kay or The mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradly. Also Mary Stewart did a great series about Merlin (Crystal cave, hollow hills, last enchantment and the wicked day) if you like him more than Arthur.
                            sigpic
                            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I'm now reading Servant of the Bones by Anne Rice. It's also pretty good so far.
                              Just my opinion but by the time you get up to servent of the bones Anne Rice has pretty much gone to pot. More power to you if you like it, but I prefer the first vampire trilogy and the original Mayfair witches stuff.
                              sigpic
                              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                                Just my opinion but by the time you get up to servent of the bones Anne Rice has pretty much gone to pot. More power to you if you like it, but I prefer the first vampire trilogy and the original Mayfair witches stuff.
                                I've read The Witching Hour, but thats about it of her other work. That was ok. Servant of the Bones is kinda different, and I like it so far. I'm not a huge Anne Rice fan to begin with so I haven't read a lot of her other work. I've seen the movies though. I tend not to read books that also have movies to them.(unless I've read the book before the movie was ever though of) Thats one on the reasons I've never read Stephen King. I know the books and the movies are usually different though. I'm also not a fan of Stephen King's writing style.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X