Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sci-Fi/Fantasy Book Discussion/Appreciation Anyone..??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mimzy View Post
    LOL I love the part in the original trailer where Jacob takes his shirt off and Bella's like "What are you doing?" and he goes "Contract says I have to take my shirt off every 5 minutes" or something xD And then he sprays cologne all over himself.

LOL yeah that part was really funny.

Originally posted by Iffy View Post
    The reviewer was, but still it just amuses me, especially as you point out it is a fantasy novel .
    LOl, yes it is amusing to describe a fantasy novel as realistic.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
      Since Twilight was mentioned here recently has anyone seen the Vampires Suck Trailer lol. If not here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHkPJ1ACLrg
      The best part of the trailer was definitely 'It's rainin' men...'
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Isolde View Post
        The best part of the trailer was definitely 'It's rainin' men...'
        LOL, that was great. AHH now I have that song and those guys dancing to it n my head lol

I'm having a garage sale and I was looking for stuff and I found a bunch of interesting books I've never read and I had forgotten I had. I was thinking of selling them because I have so many I'll probably never get around to reading them. Like theres this one series I have, The Everian Series, by Vallery Leith. It looked cool when I bought it a while ago but now I'm nor sure, I tried reading it and couldn't get into it. Has anyone read it and would you recommend it?
        sigpic

Comment

LOL yeah thought that preview was hilarious in the theatres.

Started reading Hobb's series, but the Hunger Games last book is out, a dilemma, even though I didn't really like the Hunger Games.

Comment

LOL I love the part in the original trailer where Jacob takes his shirt off and Bella's like "What are you doing?" and he goes "Contract says I have to take my shirt off every 5 minutes" or something xD And then he sprays cologne all over himself.

And here I thought it was because his face is so unattactive, taking his shirt off distracts the eye! I watched the lastest with my niece and son. I found it funny that the actor who plays Edward kept his clothes on. You can tell he has filled out since the first movie so I guess they at to distract from that since he's suppose to be 17 forever. But you can still see it in his face. More filled out now and I'd watched Harry Potter Goblet of Fire recently so I had to stop myself from giggling in the theatre. I almost duct tapped the 2 older women behind me. They were worst than teenage girls!

And yes I've read the books and think them teen fluff. Thank goodness they toned down Bella! She drove me crazy in the books.
            Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Okay, anyone read Robert J. Sawyer? He's Canadian and my local library has many of his books. I've requested Flashforward first because of the tv show. What should I read after that? Any of them really suck?
              Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Finally finished the first Monster Blood Tattoo book--and now have the 2nd, Lamplighter. It's HUGE, but I can't wait to read it. The first novel was pretty much a setup/intro to D.M. Cornish's fantasy world and to the main protagonist--I'm guessing the 2nd book is where some major action happens, b/c it's a lot longer than the 1st

I know the 3rd in the trilogy was supposed to come out earlier this year, but the release got pushed to next month. Now I'm excited
                "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
                sigpic
                Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
                  I am plodding thru a supposed classic Sci fi Author's book
                  It's called Rogue Moon, by Algis Budrys.
                  Got it at a used book sotre.
                  I'm determined to finish it if it kills me, and it might.
                  *bangs head on keyboard again*
                  I keep finding more and more to read and there just. isn't. TIME!!!!!!!! *headdesk*
                  I figure life's too short and there are too many other alternatives to spend time finishing a book I find boring or too convoluted to make sense. I spent my time finishing every book I started when I was a kid though. It hadn't occurred to me yet that I didn't have to finish the book or that I could actually choose to read the one chapter that appealed to me and forego the others.
                  sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                  May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Agh I have to get through my library books...reading time lol
                    "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
                    sigpic
                    Sig by ME!!!

Comment

I have loads to read but haven't got round to it.

Foundation - Isaac Asimov (read it several times but its been awhile, read it if you haven't)
                      Mass Effect: Retribution - Drew Karpyshyn
                      Mass Effect: Revelation - Drew Karpyshyn
                      Mass Effect: Ascension - Drew Karpyshyn
                      Heir to the Empire - Timothy Zahn
                      Dark Force Rising - Timothy Zahn
                      The Last Command - Timothy Zahn

Comment

Originally posted by Sami_ View Post
                        I have loads to read but haven't got round to it.

Foundation - Isaac Asimov (read it several times but its been awhile, read it if you haven't)
                        Mass Effect: Retribution - Drew Karpyshyn
                        Mass Effect: Revelation - Drew Karpyshyn
                        Mass Effect: Ascension - Drew Karpyshyn
                        Heir to the Empire - Timothy Zahn
                        Dark Force Rising - Timothy Zahn
                        The Last Command - Timothy Zahn
                        That Timothy Zahn series is pretty good; and Drew Karpyshn's Darth Bane series is pretty good too. Have you read that?
                        sigpic

Comment

That Timothy Zahn series is pretty good; and Drew Karpyshn's Darth Bane series is pretty good too. Have you read that?
                          I've heard great things about it but unfortunately not, my priority as far as Star Wars is concerned is the Thrawn trilogy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sami_ View Post
                            I've heard great things about it but unfortunately not, my priority as far as Star Wars is concerned is the Thrawn trilogy.
                            The Thrawn trilogy is probably some of the best written Star Wars books there are.
                            with the Darth Bane books, I ended up really liking Bane and his apperntice, and ended up not really caring much for the Jedi in that series. He's evil done well and with purpose; and I really liked that.
                            sigpic

Comment

The Thrawn trilogy is probably some of the best written Star Wars books there are.
                              with the Darth Bane books, I ended up really liking Bane and his apperntice, and ended up not really caring much for the Jedi in that series. He's evil done well and with purpose; and I really liked that.
                              All I really know of Darth Bane is that he was pretty badass and he established the rule of 2 - master and apprentice, its definitely a series I want to get around to reading its just not top of my list right now

Comment

Dragonlance Chronicles Trilogy
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X