Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sci-Fi/Fantasy Book Discussion/Appreciation Anyone..??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mimzy View Post
    I've only read Coraline, but I absolutely LOVE that book. He signed my copy
    Jealous. So, so jealous....
    sigpic

Comment

Coraline! I adored it

I heard there's a film adaptation coming out in the new year

Comment

Originally posted by Kezia View Post
        Coraline! I adored it

I heard there's a film adaptation coming out in the new year
        November. I saw a preview clip awhile ago and it looks great.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
          November. I saw a preview clip awhile ago and it looks great.
          OMG FINALLY there's a preview?!! I've been waiting for FOREVER!!

~~~
          Edit: I just saw the preview and the trailer! They both creeped me out, and they look like Dave McKean-style 3-D peoples. Almost as if they took his pictures and fleshed them out. REALLY creepy. I cannot wait to see the movie!
          Last edited by Mimzy; 01 July 2008, 04:03 PM.
          "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
          sigpic
          Sig by ME!!!

Comment

OMG FINALLY there's a preview?!! I've been waiting for FOREVER!!
            It was a little piece that Neil Gaiman posted on his website around last Christmas- I'm not sure it ever made it to youtube and it might not be up anymore.

Hopefully it is and it's findable though.

Comment

It was a little piece that Neil Gaiman posted on his website around last Christmas- I'm not sure it ever made it to youtube and it might not be up anymore.

Hopefully it is and it's findable though.
              Oh, youtube is where I found it! There's a bunch of people that posted it
              sigpic
              Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by boxvic View Post
                *Oh and everyone MUST read the Halo series, all four books. If you don't finish them faster than any book you've ever read and beg the authors for more than there is something wrong with you. And I don't like playing Halo the game.
                Great books, just started reading Contact Harvest

Comment

I think I asked this WAYY before, but has anyone read the Keys to the Kingdom series by Garth Nix? I LOVE it.
                  sigpic
                  Sig by ME!!!

Comment

I think I asked this WAYY before, but has anyone read the Keys to the Kingdom series by Garth Nix? I LOVE it.
                    Nope, but I absolutely love his Abhorson trilogy. (and have my copy of Sabriel signed )

Comment

Yes!!! There amazing and I can't wait for the next ones to come out.

RECOMMENDATION: There is a book that just recently came out called Gone and it's written by Michael Grant. He's a new author and this is his first novel and I gotta say if he continues to write books on this level he will become one of the best writers ever!!

Comment

Nope, but I absolutely love his Abhorson trilogy. (and have my copy of Sabriel signed )
                        LUCKYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!! I still haven't finished Sabriel yet I seriously have to buy the trilogy!

Originally posted by MartianManhunter View Post
                        Yes!!! There amazing and I can't wait for the next ones to come out.

RECOMMENDATION: There is a book that just recently came out called Gone and it's written by Michael Grant. He's a new author and this is his first novel and I gotta say if he continues to write books on this level he will become one of the best writers ever!!
                        O
                        M
                        G
                        another KttK fan!!!! Who's your fave character? Mine's Suzy
                        sigpic
                        Sig by ME!!!

Comment

I'm reading The Time Traveler's Wife, which is a love story with time travel. It's very good.

Comment

Originally posted by MmmmMcKAy View Post
                            I'm reading The Time Traveler's Wife, which is a love story with time travel. It's very good.
                            I just started that myself, Love time travel books. This one is unusual. Still trying to figure it out.
                            no means no, and so does pepper spray
                            Sig by The Carpenter
                            sigpic

Comment

Love stories are not what I look for when reading science fiction, but I absolutely adored the Time Traveler's Wife. It's one of my favourite novels of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by MmmmMcKAy View Post
                                Oooooh, you are so lucky to be reading that book for the first time. It is simply amazing.
                                Originally posted by Kezia View Post
                                Love stories are not what I look for when reading science fiction, but I absolutely adored the Time Traveler's Wife. It's one of my favourite novels of all time.
                                Same here, but this book just blew me away, absolutely gorgeous, easily one of the best things I've ever read.

Comment

Working...
                                X