Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sci-Fi/Fantasy Book Discussion/Appreciation Anyone..??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discworld- Small Gods
    sigpic
    Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Just finished Midnight Tides Book 6 of Malazan Book of the Fallen series by Steven Erkson

Just started book 6 of the same series, The Bonehunters
      sigpic

Comment

Finally finished Gone Girl (which was so twisted, btw), and have finally been able to start Armada - Ernest Cline's follow up to Ready Player One.

Only 50 pages in but thus far it seems like it's going to be very similar to Ender's Game - mixed with the classic geek nostalgia of Ready Player One.
        Kind of weird.

Comment

Finished reading "The Broken Eye" by Brent Weeks. Great book in a great series, highly recommend it.

Next up is "Blood song" by Anthony Ryan.

Comment

"Impact" by Adam Baker.

Fourth book in the "Outpost" series of zombie/survival horror novels.
            sigpic
            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

"Dies the Fire" by S.M. Stirling.

Book one of the "Emberverse" series.
              sigpic
              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

I'm in an Outlander series re-read. It's more historical fiction than sci fi, but there is time travel.....

Comment

"The Protector's War" by S.M. Stirling.

Book two of the "Emberverse" series.
                  sigpic

Comment

Looking back it seems it has been nearly three weeks since I posted about any books. I finished and reviewed Le Guin's The Word For World Is Forest, as well as her first story collection, The Wind's Twelve Quarters. Since then I've read four others, and yesterday uploaded reviews of three of them:

The Mechanical, Book 1 in the Alchemy War series by Ian Tregills (pretty good)
                    Not Dark Yet by Berit Ellingsen (not recommended)
                    The Water Knife by Paolo Bacigalupi (very good)

The fourth book was Nemesis Games. I've been doing a cumulative review on The Expanse, but I think I need to revise some previous comments before adding the latest book to that page. Not sure when I'll get to it. I'll be nominating and voting on the Hugos again this year, and I have quite a few books and stories to get through by the end of this month.

Comment

Finished reading "Blood Song" by Anthony Ryan. Very good book, and next up is the sequel "The Tower lord".

Comment

"A Meeting at Corvallis" by S.M. Stirling.

Book three of the "Emberverse" series, which wraps up most of the initial story threads and opens up a few new ones.
                        Last edited by BruTak; 08 March 2016, 11:49 PM. Reason: Typo.
                        sigpic

Comment

Reading The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancey. 2nd in the 5th Wave series. It's ok so far.

Comment

Book 7 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen series

Reaper's Gale
                            sigpic

Comment

Finished reading "Tower Lord" by Anthony Ryan, a very good book.

Also finished reading "Mysterium" by Robert Charles Wilson. Interesting book though maybe the ending wasn't quite what I wanted.

Haven't decided what to read next. Its probably either book 3 of the Discworld series or "Half a King" by Joe Abercrombie.

Comment

Re-reading (for the first time in around 15 years or so) "Phule's Company" by Robert Asprin.

Book one of a series of sci-fi military stories with a broad streak of humour running through them.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X