Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sci-Fi/Fantasy Book Discussion/Appreciation Anyone..??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished reading "Princep's Fury" by Jim Butcher and am currently reading "First Lord's Fury". Have to say that I´ve really enjoyed The Codex Alera series and it's almost a shame to be finishing it.

Comment

Rereading a couple of old Star Trek novels, starting with "The Captain's Daughter" by Peter David.
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Finished reading "First Lord's Fury", great series and I hope he does a follow up on it.

Next up is "Inverted World" by Christopher Priest. Bought it because it was in the S.F. Masterworks series, had never even heard of the author before.

Comment

I'm about to start reading The JAG in Space series by Jack Campbell.
          Does anyone have any thoughts on this series of books?
          "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
          Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
          Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
          Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
          I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
          To thy own self... Be true
          May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
            I'm about to start reading The JAG in Space series by Jack Campbell.
            Does anyone have any thoughts on this series of books?
            They're great.

There's an NCIS agent in one of them who's obviously a close literary cousin to one Leroy Jethro Gibbs.
            sigpic
            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

finished Blood Meridian, which isn't Sci-Fi, but it's fantastic anyway. Cormac really makes you think.

tonight i'm starting Ready Player One, which I bet a good chunk of you here would love. Video game/sci-fi nerds that we all are.

Comment

Finished reading "Inverted World" by Christopher Priest. Good book, though like many older sci-fi books its good because of the interesting world building and not because of the characters.

Next up is "Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Invincible" by Jack Campbell.

Comment

Next on my to read list is "The Ninth Circle" by R.M. Meluch.

Fifth book in the "Tour of the Merrimack" series, which I may have mentioned before.
                  sigpic

Comment

OH MY GOD

everyone who is a child of the 80's, or was a teen in the 80's, drop whatever book you're reading RIGHT NOW and go read Ready Player One.

No time to explain.

Just, trust me.

Comment

I'm now reading the second JAG in Space novel. 'Burden of Proof'.

Comment

I've head ready player one on my ipad for a while now but I haven't read it yet.

Comment

Finished reading "Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Invincible" by Jack Campbell.

Next up is "Spellbound" by Blake Charlton.

Comment

Added to my pile of books to read are...

Two Horus Heresy books, V: The Second Generation,

Comment

Finished reading "Spellbound" by Blake Charlton, good book and I will definitely read the next one in the series when it comes out (in paperback ).

Next up is "Proven Guilty" by Jim Butcher.

Finally got around to ordering "A Memory of light" by Jordan & Sanderson, I´m really looking forward to finishing reading this series after more then a decade

Other books in the order:

Fuzzy Nation - John Scalzi
                              The moon is a harsh Mistress - Rober Heinlein
                              Lord of Light - Roger Zelazny
                              The Kingdom Of Gods - N. K. Jemisin

Comment

I am now reading an anthology of tales set during The Horus Heresy called Shadows of Treachery. It is book 22 in the series.

How many books will be in the series has yet to be finalised. I expect there to at least 40.

Comment

Working...
                                X