Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sci-Fi/Fantasy Book Discussion/Appreciation Anyone..??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished reading "The Player of Games" by Ian M. Banks. Great book, it started a bit slow but once it got going it had me hooked.

Haven't decided what to read next though the third Dresden files book is a likely contender.

Comment

The Honor of the Queen by David Weber
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Iffy View Post
        The Honor of the Queen by David Weber
        That is a very good book. And the second Honor Harrington novel.
        "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
        Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
        Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
        Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
        I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
        To thy own self... Be true
        May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
          That is a very good book. And the second Honor Harrington novel.
          I liked Basilisk, but I really like this one more.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Iffy View Post
            I liked Basilisk, but I really like this one more.
            There are some scenes in Honor of the Queen that bought tears to my eyes. There are also some interesting scenes.

Comment

There are some scenes in Honor of the Queen that bought tears to my eyes. There are also some interesting scenes.
              There have been a couple that have done that to me too.
              sigpic

Comment

Tell me, when a new Honor Harrington novel comes out, does it still include a CD-ROM with PDFs of all the previous novels in the series?
                sigpic
                Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                  Tell me, when a new Honor Harrington novel comes out, does it still include a CD-ROM with PDFs of all the previous novels in the series?
                  I think they do. But it depends on the print run. I did get a CD-Rom when I purchased 'Mission of Honor' but I'm not sure if I got one when I purchased the latest Honor Harrington tale. I'll have to check when I'm at home.

Comment

I will be starting "Hunger Games" next
                    Yeah I know I'm a bit behind in my reading
                    no means no, and so does pepper spray
                    Sig by The Carpenter
                    sigpic

Comment

Currently I'm finishing off Mort by Terry Pratchett. After that, a good friend of mine has loaned me her copy of A Game of Thrones. She's been on me about reading it for ages now, and I've finally given in after months of resisting. Who knows, I might even like it!
                      My Stargate fan fiction @ FF.net | NEW: When Cassie Calls Teal'c.

Comment

Decided to read "Spellwright" which is the first book in the Spellwright trilogy by Blake Charlton. I've never read anything by this author before but I´m about 60 pages in and so far so good.

Comment

I think they do. But it depends on the print run. I did get a CD-Rom when I purchased 'Mission of Honor' but I'm not sure if I got one when I purchased the latest Honor Harrington tale. I'll have to check when I'm at home.
                          I know you used to be able to read some of the novels on line in their entirety, but I don't think that website exists any more
                          sigpic
                          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Finished Hunger Games, it was awesome, couldn't put it down.
                            no means no, and so does pepper spray
                            Sig by The Carpenter
                            sigpic

Comment

Anybody else into S.M. Stirling?

I'm a huge fan of his Nantucket Trilogy - "Island in the Sea of Time", "Against the Tide of Years", and "On the Oceans of Eternity" - and the subsequent Emberverse series, beginning with "Dies the Fire".
                              sigpic

Comment

Haven't read any Stirling.

Just finished re-reading Job: A Comedy of Justice by Heinlein.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X